Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   I'm Working out! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=98881)

FabMarta Tue, Apr-15-03 07:48

I'm Working out!

I am so glad this area is here!!! I needed somewhere to put all of this info!
Last night, it was BEAUTIFUL in Wisconsin! My friend K and I went on a walk- OVER SIX MILES!!! Wahoooo! I'm pumped!
Today is the Hip Cardio Aerobics class I love. And lifting weights. Can't wait!
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Fab Marta

FabMarta Tue, Apr-15-03 20:18

Workout 4-15-03

So, Today was a big workout day! I did all of my weight lifting, as well as my 45 minute Hip Cardio aerobics class.
:wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle: :wiggle:
I am feeling good. My Aerobics instructor said an active person is defined as someone who makes 10,000 steps a day or more. I am going to start wearing my pedometer so I can log how many steps I am taking during the day and make sure I am getting enough exercise. :agree:
Runnin like I'll never get tired!
Fab Marta

FabMarta Wed, Apr-16-03 22:14

1st day with Pedometer

I hjad a very long day today- this is my day booked to the T. I wanted to start waering my pedometer today to get an idea of how many steps I take on a normal day without an exercise class... Are you ready for it?
6709 steps. 10,000 is an active person, so this is pretty good for my day without exercise. Tomorrow, when I go to my class, I will get about an extra 5000 steps, so that will work out nicely.
This is a good start. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
CU on the thin side,
FabMarta

FabMarta Thu, Apr-17-03 22:16

11209 steps

I went to my hip Aerobics class Today. All told, after a few laps around the track with K, I was at 11209 steps. I will be busy this weekend, and unable to post (family stuff) so I will keep track of my steps, and hopefully get almost 10K in every day!
Happy Easter! :sunny: :daizy: :sunny: :daizy: :sunny: :daizy:
Fab Marta

FabMarta Sun, Apr-20-03 21:37

15789 Steps!!!

Saturday I went to the Mall of America and walked 15789 steps!!!!
Friday was not as good with only 7K of steps, but I think Saturday made up for it.
I did really well on Easter- no bread- no sweets. I got home and HAD to have a low carb chocolate after looking at all of the candy today! Well, I made it!!!! My first big holiday. whew. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

FabMarta Mon, Apr-21-03 21:36

7404 Steps

;) 7404 Steps-
I did some yard work,(Raking and such) but was busy cleaning my house and really couldn't get to the gym. So, It will have to do.
I am going for a walk tomorrow, which should help, but I'll keep an eye on it. Need some motivation...

:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :cool: :p

FabMarta Wed, Apr-23-03 10:05

about 9K

I walked about 9000 steps yesterday. I went on a pretty brisk walk with my friend Emily, and then I had a MK party at my house. I really haven't had anything to drink since I started this WOE, so the three glasses of wine I had are probably going to put me into a stall. They were good (Although I have a little bit of a headache today :bash: )
I have a busy day today- so no time until 10pm to work out.
I'll just have to get all of sy steps in by parking far from the door today...:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Thanks!
FAB :daze: Marta

FabMarta Wed, Apr-23-03 10:13

BTW

:cheer:
I lost one more pound! I love this WOE!
FM

FabMarta Wed, Apr-23-03 22:39

Slow Day!

After my party last night, I was quite sluggish today. I did not get in any excercise (I was working until now-11:34 pm) So, I only logged about 4000 steps. That's less than half of where I should be!
Tomorrow will be better! I have my favorite aerobics class, so I will definitely get in some cardio as well as my weight lifting.
I will also try not to OD on the sugar free candy. I shouldn't buy it, but it is better than going off plan. Since I started this WOE, I have followed everything to the letter except for 1)my occasional glass of wine or low carb beer or 2) one time about three weeks in I ate one french fry. Just one. It really wasn't very good anyway.
Ok, I'm tired. GOODNIGHT CUTIES!
M. :o

FabMarta Thu, Apr-24-03 19:25

Forgot my pedometer!

Oh well! I walked about 5000 steps before I changed into my workout clothes- the class is usually about 5-6 thousand steps, so I know I am over. Then I lifted weights. It was a great exercise day. I even ran to the building from my car! I never would have done that two months ago (unless I was being chased! :daze: )
The rest of the day was busy- lots of driving around. I was at a nuclear plant and in other small towns on the lakeshore. Very nice on such a sunny day. Now I will continue my excercise trying to find a lost library book!!!
over and out-
fm

FabMarta Wed, Jun-04-03 22:09

I'm starting over

So I was pregnant. I really wanted to be a mom. I know I still will be someday. Until then, I'm back on plan.
Actually, I was working out the whole time I was pregnant. I was walking, and going to water aerobics classes. But, now that I am going to go back on Atkins, I am going to kick this sucker back into high gear.
I'll keep you posted. :)P

:daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze: :daze:

FabMarta Mon, Jun-09-03 07:08

Getting into the swing

I am getting back into the swing of things. I have to take it easy for a few days, but I took two walks with my husband yesterday- probably about 4 miles total. Not a hugely fast pace or anything, but every little bit helps.
I'm still up a few pounds from the pregnancy, but I am sure they will come off.
Here's hoping...
FM

FabMarta Fri, Jun-13-03 07:48

Hopefully all better

I go back to the doctor today to see how I am doing. Hopefully, I will be approved to start exercising, and that will so help. I lost another 2 pounds! I can't believe it! So, I am very happy about that. I am 2 lbs lower than I was before I got pg. AWESOME. This is the lowest I have been for over a year! Maybe even two!
Dan my DH is lc'ing too now, which makes it easier for me. We are going to the in laws for the weekend-and we will be walking around the Eau Clair Dells in Wausau for some exercise. Can't wait!!!!!
Wish me luck at the Dr.
Love,
M.

FabMarta Mon, Jun-16-03 07:42

The Walk was great

The walk was great, the in laws were not. Jerkstores.
Anyway, I will be working the exercise back into my WOE today. I had some carbs yesterday (not too many, some popcorn and some thin wraps for my veggies) but today I have a headache and feel like crap. I'll be more careful this week.
fm

FabMarta Mon, Jun-23-03 13:02

Completely back on the wagon

CARBS ARE OUT!
FAT IS IN !
Finally, after a slow start, my eating is stable, and I am WORKING OUT!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
I am so excited. Will post how it goes. I think I am going to kick some a** tonight!
See you on the thin side!
fm :wave: :wave: