Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Allura gets it together~ (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=71306)

AlluraD Mon, Nov-18-02 12:53

Allura gets it together~

Well.............today is the first day of my "get it together" workout log.........

Goal.........Curves 3x week
Walk to the beach 2x/week............about 50 minutes in all

How will I do it??
Be ready to go so I have no excuses

Do this for me~
Look on it positively as a gift to myself.......

today
Nov.18,2002..........curves for women visit #1

AlluraD Fri, Nov-22-02 19:41

goal for the week met~

Went to curves three times this week which is what I wanted to do.
I will walk once this weekend too about a 50 minute walk~

I am sleeping like the dead and exhausted........I am assuming that I will start feeling more energized in another week or so.......the workout is fine, but I am sooooooooo tired!! Arrrrghhhhhhhhh. But very glad I am finally excersizing!!!

updown Fri, Nov-22-02 20:16

:) Hi there, I'm new to this site, and I noticed your message about curves and your personal challenge to go 3x a week. I've been a member since May :blush: and I've yet to make it consistantly sometimes, not even making it there 3x a month...

So far this week, I've made it 2x and I'm going tomorrow- thats my plan. I went from 184-163 and then I got sloppy with my lo carbing and gained 5 pounds :(

I can appreciate your effort and plan on walking some also.

Good luck to you :thup:

AlluraD Fri, Nov-22-02 22:49

welcome~

Hi there~
welcome to the forum~ :)
This is a great place for support and encouragment. Today was my third day going. I like it, it's a fast workout. I wonder how long it will take me to see some results??? Soon would be good!! *s*
Thanks for saying hi and hang in there...............the 5 lbs will come back off and your on your way~ :wave:

AlluraD Fri, Nov-22-02 22:50

updown~

What is lean for life?

AlluraD Thu, Dec-05-02 11:10

finally getting back to this~

Ok.......an update......I have been going to Curves for three weeks.........3 x each week.........I love it. Sometimes by the end of the day I am really dragging and I don't want to go......like last night, but go I did and I felt great................couldn't keep me away now if you tried.......I get remeasured and weighed on the 18th and I am really looking forward to it.........*keeping fingers crossed*

Anybody Sat, Dec-28-02 07:33

Well?!?! How did the measuring go on the 18th? Curious minds want to know!

Topher

AlluraD Sat, Dec-28-02 07:39

Hey there~
There was absolutely no change.........exactly the same weight, same percentsge of body fat.........same measurements.............I was so dissapointed I wanted to cry.........but I didn't........I stayed and did my workout and will continue to do so..........I am damned if I am going to sabotage myself by............you know.......throwing in the towel.
I am building some muscle.........I feel better.........look better......and hopefully will show something good by next time......so stay tuned...........the saga continues~

Anybody Sat, Dec-28-02 07:43

Well you passed the first test. You finished and your going back. That so rocks. I understand how easy it would have been to quit right there but your resolve shown through. Whats curves like?

Topher

AlluraD Sat, Dec-28-02 07:47

Tag!*s*

It's a circuit.........a 30 minute workout with pieces of resistance equip.........in between each is an aerobic station where you work on various body parts.......all to music............cues when to move.........all ladies~ It's fast and that's what I like......in and out and over~

Anybody Sat, Dec-28-02 07:49

I've got a friend of the family that has started out on it.

I'm also a fan of getting out the gym as fast as possible. :)

Do you measure heart rate and none such while there?

CJ

AlluraD Sat, Dec-28-02 07:52

~

Yes.........every so many minutes you take your heart rate. One of the things I want to start again is walking. I live about a 10 minute walk from the beach here..................the walk I take is about 55 minutes or so,,,,,,,,,to the beach and up a long way, back and home.........especially now with my walking staff.........think I will go do that now~ thanks for your encourage thoughts today~ I hope you have a great day~ *s*

AlluraD Wed, Feb-12-03 09:07

Update~
Still going to curves three times a week and walking twice............day before yesterday was the first time I was really excited and looking forward to going........felt great and I feel that way today too........maybe I have crossed that line!!! Down 140 lbs. from my highest weight!!!

Anybody Wed, Feb-12-03 09:12

Awesome... just awesome. :)

its great to see you upbeat and getting more energy. I noticed a great increase of feeling better about myself and physically feeling better when I started working out.. warning.. its addictive.. ask nat ;)

AlluraD Wed, Feb-12-03 10:04

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks!! Well.......I have been working out ~ Curves since Nov. I think..............this week was the first time I am really jazzed about it!! And that IS awesome!! Plus walking to the beach feels great.............waiting for the days to get a little longer though because I can't go till 6 pm..........last time was approached by some strange man and that kind of freaked me out........so not after dark by myself!!

This was taken a long time ago..........but it is one of my inspiration pics........on my fridge next to the Goethe statement~

Nat is doing incredibly......she is amazing!!!