Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Dr.Bernstein & Diabetes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Looking for an article (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=376397)

Adorablema Wed, Jun-25-08 14:53

Looking for an article

I am looking for an article that was written by someone on this forum by someone named Judy. It discussed how the docs would discourage a person from trying to control diabetes with just diet because the research supposedly shows that it doesn't work. Judy examined the research and found that their idea of tight control was only 170 2 hrs pp. I want to share this article with another diabetic and also have it for my own review

Thanks in advance.

lowcarbUgh Wed, Jun-25-08 18:54

Could you be thinking of Jenny, aka Lottadatta?

Adorablema Wed, Jun-25-08 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbUgh
Could you be thinking of Jenny, aka Lottadatta?

Yes, that's it! Do you know of the article? Or where I can go to see her stuff?

Korban Wed, Jun-25-08 19:36

http://www.bloodsugar101.com/

lowcarbUgh Wed, Jun-25-08 19:38

I miss Jenny. I think her views are some of the most sensible I've read on the forums.

Korban Wed, Jun-25-08 19:44

Quote:
I miss Jenny. I think her views are some of the most sensible I've read on the forums.
Me too! I learned a lot from her. She is so mean to get ill and not post...

/smile

Korban Wed, Jun-25-08 19:45

I hope that didn't sound bad... of course, I wish her the best and hope to see her soon...

lowcarbUgh Wed, Jun-25-08 19:49

You must be operating under impaired judgment, undoubtedly due to wine. :D

Korban Wed, Jun-25-08 19:55

Quote:
You must be operating under impaired judgment, undoubtedly due to wine. :D
Mainly just whining since UGa just lost Baseball Championship to Fresno State... you don't detect a bit of self - centeredness do you?

/sigh

lowcarbUgh Wed, Jun-25-08 20:01

Just teasing you. Sometimes when you self-correct, you remind me of Fraser Crane. :lol:

Korban Wed, Jun-25-08 20:03

Quote:
Just teasing you. Sometimes when you self-correct, you remind me of Fraser Crane. :lol:
You caught me again... I am totally neurotic... yeah, Mom (again)...

/smile

lowcarbUgh Wed, Jun-25-08 20:20

Korban, you are geniunely nice and your straight man lines often crack me up.

Lottadata Sat, Jun-28-08 07:08

Hi folks,

I'm still around. I am just not posting much. I've been doing my blog and maintaining the site, but following instructions to rest and not overdo it.

Nice to know I'm missed!

Taking a bit of time off has been good for the mental health, too. It's made me realize I spend a LOT of time online--probably too much. So part of me would like to do a bit more with people in real time once I'm fully back in action.

lowcarbUgh Sat, Jun-28-08 08:24

Funny that working with computers all day makes online more like real life and I know that isn't healthy.

Glad to read you are mending well. :)

Lottadata Sun, Jun-29-08 06:10

Quote:
Funny that working with computers all day makes online more like real life and I know that isn't healthy.

It isn't. And I sent my first email in--honest to gawd--1980!

I was part of the team that developed the first commercial email product. When my second kid had health issues that made it impossible for me to work outside the home, I got active on Compuserve in 1987, GEnie in 1990, and founded my first web site in 1995. I've been living mostly online ever since.

The online life gave me the ability to conduct a real career while staying with my kids while they were growing up and it lets me live in a beautiful rural region with no jobs, but I am thinking it may be time to reestablish the balance with the non-computer life, if possible.