Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Candida Yeast & IBS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   how strict do i need to be (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=291475)

mbcs Thu, Mar-30-06 10:24

how strict do i need to be

....how strict do I need to be in order to get rid of this yeast?

1.I can't find sugar free vit C and ester C....is the regular better than nothing?

2. I have read that I must not kiss anyone or have other relations, sleep alone and change my toothpaste?

3. I have been purchasing everthing I can organic....however, my husband has not worked in 3yr b/c of an industarial accidents so I can not afford to buy everything organic.......

I have started the ooo everyhour....but I need to get the C's...

thanks
mb

tunkany Thu, Mar-30-06 15:33

I don't think you should be concerned about organic versus commercial. I'm not convinced that there are significant amounts of antibiotics in the commercially raised animals' meat.
They also have organs to detoxify and they are also tested before slaughtering. The organic prices are just ridiculous. However, try the grass fed butter since it ha a higher vitamin content than grain fed cow's butter. Cows should eat grass, not be fed gmo grains.

If you have a Giant or Safeway card, you can get good deals on the meat. I buy everything on sale and then figure out what I'll make or freeze it for later.

There are vitamin Cs without sugar. Try to find buffered vitamin C. Make sure there are no starches and rice powder in it either. But if you can't avoid it, the amount is miniscule and won't make too much difference.
If you have white patches in your mouth, cottage cheese like and bleeds when scraped, it's thrush and is contageous.
As for toothpaste, choose one without sugar alcohols, though. Go with natural ones like Burt's Bees.
Don't get stressed out, relax... you're doing great.
There are a few threads here about OOO and you find lots of good advice.

Malulani Thu, Mar-30-06 22:02

I do not have the thrush in the mouth is regular toothpaste ok since you spit it out anyway?

mbcs Fri, Mar-31-06 07:26

I do not have an active yeast infection in my mouth or anywhere else......over the past five years I have slow cut my diet down. Currently dx with the candida still in my gut..........so now comes the strict diet and supplements including ooo. I am going to pick up some coconut oil this weekend also. I am hope a nice benefit of killing the yeast will be help my hashimoto's..........my last antibodies count was 1000 x higher then the last one. :(

I told my teenagers last night that I NEVER want to hear them say that there was nothing in the house they could eat!

mb

tunkany Fri, Mar-31-06 07:35

Regular toothpaste is OK but most of them contain sorbitol or xylitol. Just don't swallow it. The one I use currently has sorbitol. I found it out after I bought it, but I'm not going to throw it away. Next time I'll read the label more carefully.

I think if you take OOO drops or coconut oil you are doiung good to your oral cavity anyway, so I wouldn't worry about toothpaste.

mbcs Fri, Mar-31-06 07:46

Great - Thanks Tunkany................I can tell my brainfog is getting a little better as I am able to form my questions. :)

Malulani Fri, Mar-31-06 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcs
I told my teenagers last night that I NEVER want to hear them say that there was nothing in the house they could eat!

mb

I concur........hubs and son.....complain........but they need to be on the diet as well. I'm killing myself to try and come up with new ideas too. They are pretty good but when we are trying SO hard and the die off is so bad.........the last thing I wanna hear is.......there's nothing to eat.........or do I have to eat this.........or after I made the meal and we eat.......I'm still hungry.........ahhhhhh!

ok on the toothpaste.........I don't swallow anyways.

mb..........on that cocnut oil .........make sure it is unrefined, and I accidentally bought the one high in sat fat. Zul.....posted a link for a brand to buy online and it's not too bad a price compared to the one I bought at the health food store. Look to see at the health food store if they have one that is unrefined and has lower sat fat............but next time I thingk I'm gonna order the one she suggested.

Also just a thought:

Alotta people on this thread have already tested a lot of these products for us and are passing this info along........we need to take advantage of the flow of info. A lot of the bad brands of items they've weeded out for us.....so I'm going to try and stick with what they suggest.

Malulani Fri, Mar-31-06 22:37

mb..........

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/v...coconut_oil.htm

where to buy coconut oil online.......

mbcs Sat, Apr-01-06 06:02

Mal..thanks for your help and encouragement. The HF stores in my area didn't have the CO.....I will probably need to by online.

Also.......I'm from MA.....I have a high school friend that moved to port st.lucie,married and is raising his family there. What a beautiful area!

tunkany Sat, Apr-01-06 07:54

Coconut oil is high in saturated fat even if it's unrefined. Saturated fat is good. The bad kind is the hydrogenated oil, trans fat.
Tropical Traditions is good, also, most health food stores and vitamin retailers carry Nutiva which is a lot cheaper, I have used both.

mbcs Sun, Apr-02-06 06:49

On board with the CO........now when and how much to I take.
mb

tunkany Mon, Apr-03-06 05:29

It is usually recommended that you start with 1 teaspoon and gradually work it up to 3 tablespoons per day. If you take too much too suddenly you might experience funny symptoms, like the die-off, and racing heart, stomach ache.
You can eat if off the spoon if you like or add it to a smoothie, coffee, tea, plus you can cook/fry with it.

mbcs Mon, Apr-03-06 06:54

Thanks...........eating it off the spoon is fine.

I have noticed that many people post that if can be put into coffee......I was under the impress that coffee is a hugh no no.

So.......I am proud to say I am coffee free

tunkany Mon, Apr-03-06 07:34

Me too, I put it in peppermint tea. Herb teas are OK.

Malulani Mon, Apr-03-06 18:51

Oh goodie......ok thanx tunk.......my oil is hydrogenated free....that's good to know. YEs, coffee is bad but I really miss it..........it kills the good flora in the intestines.

I love green tea.........I've even been making my own iced green tea.........put some stevia sweetener in it or just some lemon or lime.........yum.

Mb..........I'm in the beginning stages of this as well.......I'm still buying the right supplements and changing over the diet and all........it really is a huge life change and it takes time to perfect this.

PSL is a very nice town........thank you.......what is your friends first name?

Oh.........one more peice of advice............so you don't get bored w/ the diet.........experiment......A LOT with recipes!!!