Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Schwarzbein Principle (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Schwarzbein Principle (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27454)

eleanor Wed, Dec-12-01 08:54

Schwarzbein Principle

Hi all!

I have a very supportive doctor who was the one to recommend low carbing and I know I'm pretty lucky to have one who does. I just got a hand out in the mail suggesting the Schwarzbein plan, anyone out there that can give me insight about how well this one works, and a general overview without running out to by the book? I just finished reading Atkins and most of PP and really can't justify buying another one for the collection. I also have Carb Addicts. Is it anything like this?

TIA--Eleanor

doreen T Wed, Dec-12-01 09:05

hi Eleanor

You can read reviews of various low carb plans at our Low Carb Comparisions page. Check it out here. The reviews have been submitted by our members, and outline program basics and other info from the books.

Hope you find what you're looking for :)

Doreen

Natrushka Wed, Dec-12-01 09:08

Eleanor, Schwarzbein is discussed under "Which Plan is right for me ?" You can view a synopsis and see a typical menu. Her plan is quite different from Atkins, but more similar to PP's maintenance or the PPLP (lifeplan) Phase II; more carbs, carbs based on activity level etc. She's considered to be somewhat of a purist, but she's got some great ideas and insights (specially for women). I suggest taking a look under the Journal section at both YogaBuff and LisaF's daily routines; they are both following this plan quite successfully.

As for getting the book, don't forget the public library. I'm reading her now and that's where I picked up my copy. If you *really* want your own copy some day check out this site: www.half.com they have books for a little as .75 cents!

Nat

eleanor Wed, Dec-12-01 09:18

Sch.Plan

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll save it for a treat in a couple of weeks. I still have another week of induction, but I think I'm going to try for two...it would get me through the BIG day and then I won't have any excuses to "fudge" just a little bit, much easier than starting some new til then. I think my sweet tooth is almost under control so there is no use in changing what I'm doing. You guys are a big help! Thanks again--El :D

BrennaAK Fri, Oct-16-09 12:27

I can't find LisaF's daily routines in the journals, i can look again, but if you can, can you post a link to it please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Eleanor, Schwarzbein is discussed under "Which Plan is right for me ?" You can view a synopsis and see a typical menu. Her plan is quite different from Atkins, but more similar to PP's maintenance or the PPLP (lifeplan) Phase II; more carbs, carbs based on activity level etc. She's considered to be somewhat of a purist, but she's got some great ideas and insights (specially for women). I suggest taking a look under the Journal section at both YogaBuff and LisaF's daily routines; they are both following this plan quite successfully.

As for getting the book, don't forget the public library. I'm reading her now and that's where I picked up my copy. If you *really* want your own copy some day check out this site: www.half.com they have books for a little as .75 cents!

Nat

BrennaAK Fri, Oct-16-09 12:44

nevermind, I found it.

amandawald Tue, Oct-20-09 01:26

I'm also following Schwarzbein and doing fine. Pop into my journal if you want to chat about how to do it - well, I'm not saying I'm an expert, but I am convinced by her approach.

amanda