Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New beginning (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=478398)

Saladguy Tue, Oct-10-17 23:27

New beginning

Hey everyone. I've been reading this site for a while and I just wanted to express my appreciation for everyone's imput and contributions on the many topics. This forum is a great resource and has been very inspirational for me to change my eating habits.

I am five days into Atkins induction and am so far feeling great.

Thank you all!

zoogirl Wed, Oct-11-17 02:41

Well Good Morning Saladguy, and welcome to a great new beginning...this forum is truly a wonderful place to be, take your time, wander around, read and read and read some more. You will find tons of success stories and answers to any question you may have. Plus we are all here for ya, we got your back...

Congrats on the first 5 days, one day at a time, celebrate small victories. suggest a food diary, so that you can track EVERY thing you put in your mouth...best of luck to you on this journey, drop by my journal sometime, I love company, ttyl

Mama Sebo Wed, Oct-11-17 12:51

Welcome saladguy! Well done on your first five days!!

thud123 Wed, Oct-11-17 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladguy
...to change my eating habits.

That's what it's all about Brother! Find what works for you. Wait for the "fruit" of your patience to drop from the tree :)

bkloots Wed, Oct-11-17 16:10

All good wishes, Saladguy. You can do this. You'll be glad you did. And as a regular reader here, you know the "secret" to success: keep doing it.

Best wishes.

Ptrcmcc6 Sat, Oct-14-17 11:35

Welcome, Saladguy and Congratulations on your success so far!! One of the reasons I came back here is because everybody on this site has been tremendously helpful when I first started lc'ing back in 2005. Starting over again is tough but I'm determined to make it work this time...... :).

Saladguy Tue, Dec-05-17 15:10

So 2 months in and things are going pretty well. My appetite is suppressed to the point where I have been able to throw in a couple multi day water fasts and feel great doing it.

My pants are definitely loser. I am looking forward to getting some smaller clothes at a regular store but the change has not been that dramatic in how my clothes are fitting yet.

I don't see the change as my much as my friends/co-workers seem to.

Thanks again for all the support!

WyoDiva Wed, Dec-06-17 09:11

Glad to see you are staying the course - onward and downward! ;)

PilotGal Fri, Jan-12-18 23:52

congrats on the start of your journey.
i can't remember who it was, but he used to put holes in his belt as he lost weight, and then one day, he finally decided to get a new belt.
it was his daily writings about saving up to get some awesome slacks for his 50 lb loss.. wish i could remember who it was..

keep up the good work.
you measuring?