Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   6 stone 6 months it will be tough but im determined! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=477325)

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 07:06

6 stone 6 months it will be tough but im determined!

Hi Guys :wave: im new to this forum, just wanted to introduce myself.. im Kay i currently weigh 265lb and want to lose 6 stone in 6 months for holiday end of november, its going to be hard i know but im really determined and i know low carb has worked in the past for me. Have Anybody lost this amount of weight in a similar time scale? :)

Just Jo Sun, May-28-17 07:20

Hello and Welcome Kay! :wave:

So why the urgency in losing 6 stones (around 85 lbs for us non-stone counters) in 6 months? Just curious...

Imma fast loser and I lost approximately 100 lbs in 6 months (this time around)... that being said, Imma also a FAST gainer...

For me, it WASN'T about how quickly I could lose it, I've NEVER had a problem with that aspect of this WOE.

My biggest problem was always maintenance... never once in 35 years did I ever get the hang of that until this last restart on 5 July 2013. I always thought the point was losing the weight... not much thought on maintaining the weight loss... stupid right??

Imma determined to NEVER EVER have to fight "Fat Jo" again & it's all about choices! :thup:

Wishing you much success on your journey to better HEALTH! :agree:

cotonpal Sun, May-28-17 07:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayxx
Hi Guys :wave: im new to this forum, just wanted to introduce myself.. im Kay i currently weigh 265lb and want to lose 6 stone in 6 months for holiday end of november, its going to be hard i know but im really determined and i know low carb has worked in the past for me. Have Anybody lost this amount of weight in a similar time scale? :)

Often when you set a time frame in which you want to lose a given amount of weight you simply set yourself up for failure. It is better to determine an eating plan that is sustainable for the long term and just stick with it. You can only determine how much you put in your mouth. You can't determine exactly how your body will process it.

Jean

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 07:34

HI Jo i have been meaning to have a bigger time scale but just kept putting my weight to one side and not thinking about it.. its only now that i have realised its not long until i go on holiday and i only have 6 months left to get back to 6 stone down. Like you i am a fast gainer and have lost and regained 6 stone. This time round i want to keep it off! :) thanks for your reply.

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 07:35

I get you jean ill take your comment on board. thanks!

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Hello and Welcome Kay! :wave:

So why the urgency in losing 6 stones (around 85 lbs for us non-stone counters) in 6 months? Just curious...

Imma fast loser and I lost approximately 100 lbs in 6 months (this time around)... that being said, Imma also a FAST gainer...

For me, it WASN'T about how quickly I could lose it, I've NEVER had a problem with that aspect of this WOE.

My biggest problem was always maintenance... never once in 35 years did I ever get the hang of that until this last restart on 5 July 2013. I always thought the point was losing the weight... not much thought on maintaining the weight loss... stupid right??

Imma determined to NEVER EVER have to fight "Fat Jo" again & it's all about choices! :thup:

Wishing you much success on your journey to better HEALTH! :agree:

HI Jo i have been meaning to have a bigger time scale but just kept putting my weight to one side and not thinking about it.. its only now that i have realised its not long until i go on holiday and i only have 6 months left to get back to 6 stone down. Like you i am a fast gainer and have lost and regained 6 stone. This time round i want to keep it off! thanks for your reply.

JEY100 Sun, May-28-17 08:03

Welcome Kay,
I agree with Jean but if you seriously want to meet this goal, you also have to be serious about understanding how a LC plan works and sticking to it, always, every meal, every bite. You have not read any LC books so first suggestion is to pick one and understand what you can eat on a strict LC plan...Jo used the original Atkins '72 induction plan and has great Buddy group for the members who follow that. I used the Westman clinic plan and another variation of that one is the DietDoctor two Week Challenge. Any of these might work but they are not just vaguely a "Low Carb" diet. Spend time on this forum reading back through threads to see what appeals to you.
If you don't have a road map, and directions you are willing to follow, it will be harder to reach your destination. All the best,

cotonpal Sun, May-28-17 08:24

It's great to be determined but unless determination is combined with wisdom you could end up going in the wrong direction. Janet's suggestion to read a book, find a plan and stick with it is wisdom in action, combine it with determination and you've got it made. You still might not lose all the weight you want to in the time frame you want but you will definitely be headed in the right direction. Think beyond your holiday.

Jean

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 09:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Welcome Kay,
I agree with Jean but if you seriously want to meet this goal, you also have to be serious about understanding how a LC plan works and sticking to it, always, every meal, every bite. You have not read any LC books so first suggestion is to pick one and understand what you can eat on a strict LC plan...Jo used the original Atkins '72 induction plan and has great Buddy group for the members who follow that. I used the Westman clinic plan and another variation of that one is the DietDoctor two Week Challenge. Any of these might work but they are not just vaguely a "Low Carb" diet. Spend time on this forum reading back through threads to see what appeals to you.
If you don't have a road map, and directions you are willing to follow, it will be harder to reach your destination. All the best,

thanks for that jey i will look up the atkins plan jo did, ill also do as much reading as possible to be fully informed on this journey i wish to take, thanks for your message

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
It's great to be determined but unless determination is combined with wisdom you could end up going in the wrong direction. Janet's suggestion to read a book, find a plan and stick with it is wisdom in action, combine it with determination and you've got it made. You still might not lose all the weight you want to in the time frame you want but you will definitely be headed in the right direction. Think beyond your holiday.

Jean

i agree as i know i need to stick to this long term, do you have any books in mind that you think would be good for me to start on?

Blue Ruby Sun, May-28-17 09:36

Lots of great suggestion here, especially to read a book/plan and stick with it. The only thing I can add is to take some body measurements. I've never taken measurement before but this time i did (just waist and hips.) I've been in a weightloss slowdown / stall for over a month but have lost close an inch off each during that time. It really encourages me to keep on with the woe (way of eating) and just have faith and trust that it works.

Good luck to you. Reach out for support when you need it!

JEY100 Sun, May-28-17 11:08

Jo's Buddy thread has everything you need to know about Atkins '72...the food lists, best quotes, etc. It is a good summary of the book, which is hard to find now.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...32&page=1&pp=15

DietDoctor is a good website with a 2 week challenge diet. It is based on a clinic LC diet, no problem staying on it longer than 2 weeks. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

The book I like best is Why We Get Fat which is about exactly what the title says it is. Best for understanding why low carb works for weight loss and improved health. Not really a diet book, but it has the Duke clinic diet in the appendix. http://www.kostdoktorn.se/wp-conten...starch_diet.pdf

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ruby
Lots of great suggestion here, especially to read a book/plan and stick with it. The only thing I can add is to take some body measurements. I've never taken measurement before but this time i did (just waist and hips.) I've been in a weightloss slowdown / stall for over a month but have lost close an inch off each during that time. It really encourages me to keep on with the woe (way of eating) and just have faith and trust that it works.

Good luck to you. Reach out for support when you need it!

good idea! ill measure myself in the morning and write it all down :)

kayxx Sun, May-28-17 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Jo's Buddy thread has everything you need to know about Atkins '72...the food lists, best quotes, etc. It is a good summary of the book, which is hard to find now.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...32&page=1&pp=15

DietDoctor is a good website with a 2 week challenge diet. It is based on a clinic LC diet, no problem staying on it longer than 2 weeks. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb

The book I like best is Why We Get Fat which is about exactly what the title says it is. Best for understanding why low carb works for weight loss and improved health. Not really a diet book, but it has the Duke clinic diet in the appendix. http://www.kostdoktorn.se/wp-conten...starch_diet.pdf

thank you for the links i will deffo take a look at the book you reccomended!

robynsnest Sun, May-28-17 18:47

Welcome and all the best to you!