Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   What are your Mini Goals? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=461464)

Jamackarch Sun, Jul-06-14 13:29

What are your Mini Goals?

Hi All,
I just wrote down my mini goals in my journal and I thought it would be cool to see if anyone else has significant 'magic numbers' too.

SO, who wants to post Mini Goals? I wanted to put them up so I know what my milestones are along the road.
I want to picture myself achieving these numbers.
See it happening.
Make it real. :agree:

So, here we go...

MINI GOALS
#1:159 Out of the highest decade I've ever been in, gulp.
#2:149 Back in the 140s
#3:138 Pre-preg (and also, 1 yr after w breast feeding) weight
#4:125 Wedding weight
#5:121 University weight
#6:119 Back in the "teens"
#7: 116 GOAL! (Weight I was when I moved here 15 yrs ago, and high school weight more than 25 yrs ago...Can that possibly be right??)

Gotta' Name It to Claim It! :lol: Those are MY NUMBERS! an' I'm uh goin' to get 'em back!!! They're miiiine! (not sure why I turned all wild west, there...)

What about you?

JAnn Sun, Jul-06-14 14:53

I've met my first two mini goals. Here's what I'm working on now:

MINI GOALS:
#3: 208.8--officially out of the obese categary!
#4: 206.4---31.2 gone--HALF WAY THERE
#5: 199.8--ONEDERLAND
#6: 190.2--THREE QUARTERS THERE!
#7l: 187.0--FIFTY POUNDS GONE!
#8: GOALl: 174.6--GOAL--62.4 gone--into the 'normal" range

Jamackarch Sun, Jul-06-14 15:17

Cool, JAnn! :)

jessdamess Sun, Jul-06-14 16:43

Let's see. It's difficult as I have bounced up and down like a jack-in-the-box on crack over the years.

Goal #1: 235-married weight (-20lbs)
Goal #2: 220-college weight (-35 lbs)
Goal #3: 208-no longer obese (also -47 lbs, just over halfway)
Goal #4: 199-ONEDERLAND (-56)
Goal #5: 170-weight when Hubs and I met and started dating (-85)

My last goal is 165. That's my final, but we'll see how that looks when I get closer. The ideal weight for my height (just under 5' 10") is anywhere between 130 and 170. We'll see...

I just realized that I'm so pathetic that I don't even get to lose 100lbs...oh well 90 will have to do. That's plenty enough. :lol:

sexym2 Sun, Jul-06-14 17:18

I've hit my first 2 goals so now I'm at

loose 6 lbs per month fully plan to hit 145 lbs by the New Year ;)

I just hit 180 lbs at the end of the month and that was a mini goal too and we went out on a date. Every 10 lbs will get me another date :) The monthly 6 lbs will get me giggling and dancing around the bathroom naked.

JAnn Sun, Jul-06-14 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2
I just hit 180 lbs at the end of the month and that was a mini goal too and we went out on a date. Every 10 lbs will get me another date :) The monthly 6 lbs will get me giggling and dancing around the bathroom naked.
I like the date idea but the only two places I know to go on a date are dinner and lovers lane! :lol:

I had to laugh at the dancing around the bathroom. Today I hit 210.8 and made hubby come in and look at the scale. It felt like I would never get out of 211.

Kelly_L Sun, Jul-06-14 21:23

I know my signature differs but this is what I'm really trying for:

Goal #1 240 By the end of July
Goal #2 230 End of Aug
Goal #3 220 End of Sept. I'm doing a lot of travelling in October and my goal is to fit better in the airplane seat!
Goal # 4 200 by the new year and no longer in the obese BMI

jaywood Mon, Jul-07-14 04:00

My mini goals were:

Fit into my motorcycle trousers OH had bought me 4 years ago.
Get down to the weight I was when we first met.
Hit the weight for my fight.

Now that they have been done, I am not sure what my mini goals are.

They now seem like maxi goals.
Like: say hello to my abs, or finally make it down to a hip waist ratio that takes me out of the high risk group.

I shall have to have a think :-)

JEY100 Mon, Jul-07-14 08:53

I used the "decades", Onederland was the biggie, and the two BMI cut-offs. First when I was no longer "obese" and final goal was to be "healthy" by my doctor's guidelines. I am a few pounds over "healthy" now and mad at myself, so that is my goal again.

Jamackarch Mon, Jul-07-14 11:09

Very cool, everyone. Eyes on the prize :hyper: LOL

sexym2 Mon, Jul-07-14 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
I like the date idea but the only two places I know to go on a date are dinner and lovers lane! :lol:

I had to laugh at the dancing around the bathroom. Today I hit 210.8 and made hubby come in and look at the scale. It felt like I would never get out of 211.

Thats pretty well what our dates consist of. Dinner, sometimes a movie and parking :) The other day it was beer in the tractor (baling hay) supper and watching fireworks. Fell asleep durring fireworks so no fun afterwords, gettin too old.

I bought a skimpy dress for our next date when we get to 170 lbs

Jamackarch Tue, Jul-08-14 00:44

Sexy, wow!!! :D You've made HUGE progress!!! Way to go!!! :thup:

sexym2 Tue, Jul-08-14 06:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Sexy, wow!!! :D You've made HUGE progress!!! Way to go!!! :thup:

Thanks, I did not exactly eat on plan the night of our "date" and I'm not working on 7 lbs of water retention. At least I'm starting to feel better, I couldn't sleep, tired all dang day and just feelt like crap. I got back into ketosis last night and I slept better and feel all around better this morning. that pesky water weight is hanging around though :lol:

GLoals, we must all stick with out goals!

bworthey Fri, Jul-11-14 14:50

I haven't set many mini goals. I had a few though I guess:

- Get under 100lbs to lose
- Get under 300lbs
- Be able to buy clothes in the regular clothes section (not big/tall)
- Reach 240lbs

When I hit 240 I'm gonna readjust how much further I want to go, but I'm thinking a least another 20-25 pounds. So far I've reached 3/4 of those goals. Just bought a 2x shirt and size 40 pants, down from 4/5x and 48/50 pants!

CallmeAnn Wed, Jul-30-14 13:19

[QUOTE= It felt like I would never get out of 211.[/QUOTE]

That's the good and bad of digital scales. Every pound feels like ten pounds. I just now got out of 190. I know our bodies don't know what number is on the scale but it seems like when you are faced with that last tenth of a pound, your body behaves like a kid trying to get the nerve to jump off a high dive. That first moment you break the 'water' of the next lowest pound, it really does feel like the victory of mastering a new diving skill and the refreshing water after a long hard slog to get there.