Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Was: "A WELCOME and some Hot Tips for Newbies!!" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=77636)

lucylu Wed, Jan-01-03 17:36

Was: "A WELCOME and some Hot Tips for Newbies!!"

Marlaine,
Thanks for the newbie tips. It does take time to learn how to negate around the forum, but I have learned a lot. Fitday.com rocks! thanks lucylu :roll:

polgera Sat, Jan-11-03 02:38

welcome, thanks

Thanks for the welcome....doing a lot of research...and reading
going to check into the journal thing..after i post this...
sure are glad someone is around to help....
polgera :wave:

story1963 Tue, Jan-14-03 09:20

How Much Carbs?

I am new and starting to read, how much carbs can be comsumed and still lose weight? Help..

Kathy54 Tue, Jan-14-03 11:02

Gee, Thanks for all those tips, and Hello from Vancouver Island.
I am still stumbling around this stie, it does take awhile to figure out where things are. today is the start of day 4 for me I have been keeping my own journal put will check out the on line idea.
Thanks Kathy

AmyKat Thu, Jan-16-03 13:20

Hi! New here

I started Atkins a week ago tomorrow and I've been web surfing all over to find others doing the same - especially ones who have achieved their goals. Feeling a little guilty today. I did a taste test that I was paid for, but upon leaving, found that the little amount I tasted exceeded my carbs for the day, so I'm really looking for some motivation here!! Anyone else slip up occasionally? :D

Thanks!

rwright Sat, Jan-18-03 09:16

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.......

rgopel Wed, Jan-22-03 17:20

Thanks

This is my first note. I just started the program today. Thanks for all the help, especially the reading material.

Merrie Mon, Jan-27-03 15:28

Newcomer from Australia

Lovely to be here. I have been looking for online support for some time. I have been following the Heller type diet for 3 years now. I haven't seen any other Hellerites as yet so for those who don't know it restricts carb intake to one hour per day. I have found it very easy to do . Put on a little weight last year as I became more easy going with the diet. Started strictly in the new year and have already lost 4 kgs! Fighting bushfires here so getting lots of exercise. Merrie :daze:

starmarie Fri, Jan-31-03 02:17

thank you for the tips!
i think i will start a journal. sometimes writing things down helps more than saying them out loud. :thup:

Merrie Fri, Jan-31-03 02:49

I really don't know how to get around this site. I'm sure its great when I get there but I am having trouble. I was sent an email saying I had a reply but I don't know how to get it. Can any one help? Merrie

Rhonda_k Fri, Jan-31-03 15:26

ok I feel really stupid lol

I can see how to reply to posted message but I cannot see how to post a new message. Someone help please. Try not to laugh to hard lol tyvm :confused:

Brian421 Sat, Feb-01-03 19:57

Thanks

Thanks for all the great tips. I just started the Atkins plan on January 7th. I lost 16 pounds in the first 15 days and have been stuck there ever since :confused: . I guess I should be happy that I have not gained any weight :) .
Hopefully I will break out of this rut. I have not added any hidden carbs to the plan. In fact, I have remained on induction because I want to loose a bit more weight before adding any carbs. Any thoughts?
Also, I am going on an Atkin's cruise february 16th. Anyone ever been on one and did you really lose weight while on a cruise?

Brian

BobaFett_a Wed, Feb-12-03 14:33

*~Newbie here!!~*

:wave:
This is my first day in starting the LC plan. I have been wanting to try this for awhile and woke up this morning saying, "This is the day". :idea:
I look forward to reading everyone's tips and ideas. At least I know that we all have a wonderful goal!!
Thanks for the welcome and I'll be glued to my monitor!!
*~Boba Fett~*

Chandra Wed, Feb-12-03 16:28

Wow am I happy to find this forum! I've been doing atkins for about 10 days, and have lost `10 lbs, so I'm off to a great start. My husband also does atkins. We love it! But we have food boredom issues, hahahaa. So I always looks for new recipes to try. Especially desserts, wheeeeeeee!

Chandra

JanBT Sun, Feb-16-03 17:19

We only started Dr Atkins Diet on the 2nd Feb. I lost the first week, but nothing the second at all, although I am looking slimmer. Hubby lost weight both weeks.
I can't seem to find anywhere if there is a portion size that I should be having. I have been stopping eating when I don't feel hungry anymore. Sometimes I am not hungry at all and will happily skip a meal. Is this ok? :confused: