Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Hello (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=5763)

Genesis Sun, May-27-01 16:13

Hello

Hello. I am new to this site, but I have been low carbing over 7 months, and very happy with results

doreen T Sun, May-27-01 16:27

hey, another Ontariariarian

hi there, welcome to our forum!

There's lots to discover around here --- hope you enjoy exploring the whole website (click on the red menu bar at the top of the page), and I'm sure you'll find lots to read in all the posts on this board.

And, well, y'know, we're nosey too ... so, what plan are you following??? Atkins, Protein Power or an individualized plan of yer own?? I just checked your stats, wow, you're doing great -- 64 lbs. in 7 months! That's awesome ... Congrats!

Looking forward to reading more posts of your lowcarb success .. :)

Doreen

tamarian Sun, May-27-01 16:49

Welcome aboard Genesis!

Great to have experienced low-carbers with us. :) Congrats on your loss.

Wa'il

Genesis Sun, May-27-01 16:55

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I started doing mostly Protein Power, but have also read Atkins, and as time passes I have kind of molded my own plan that seems to work for me (at least so far). As I approach my goal weight, the weight loss has definitely slowed to a crawl, but I continue along.

From what I have seen of this site so far, it seems very informational, and there seem to be lots of Canucks aboard (always a bonus)

I guess I should get to filling out the introduction forum, and familiarize myself more with this board.

debbiedobson Mon, May-28-01 11:49

hello and welcome genesis! this is a really great site. you'll find lots of support and info here! way to go on your weightloss!!!:D you've lost 64lb! congratulations!!!! not much farther to go now! how many carbs do you normally eat in a day?

Genesis Mon, May-28-01 11:53

hi Debbie

Thanks for your kind words

I try and keep my carb count between 30 and 50 per day - usually closer to the 30 side. The odd time I go over, and it has not caused me any problems (at least not yet)

numberonewendy Tue, May-29-01 05:30

Richmond Hill....right on. Getting closer to home :)

Welcome and congratulations on your weight loss in seven months....wow 64 lbs thats great!

I look forward to more of your postings. Got any advice for a newbie on this wol? (since this March) Sure would like to know any secrets you may have!

Genesis Tue, May-29-01 17:06

hi numberonewendy,

advice for newbies - I would have to say just stick to it, and don't even think of it as a diet, after all it is a way of life, and I honestly believe it is the best and healthiest way of eating. Since I have started this WOL, I have not even gotten sick once, and I have been on it over 7 months

Good luck to you