Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Everywhere (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Atkins products now available in Malaysia (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=195876)

makeisha Mon, Jul-05-04 23:59

Atkins products now available in Malaysia

This post is for all Atkins/low carbers in Malaysia, just want to inform everyone that a limited range of Atkins products are now available at all GNC stores. I've tried the Endulge bars and they're quite good.

Makeisha

dazzlin182 Fri, Jul-09-04 21:15

surprise..surprise....which branch great eastern, times square...star hill?

dietcoke Sun, Aug-01-04 06:55

hi makeisha
do u recall the prices for the bars & other items (eg bake mix)? thanks!

sabrina_a Tue, Aug-10-04 09:08

Splenda

Just wondering... I'm not sure if we can get Splenda in Malaysia, so anyone interested if we order by bulge through Atkins.com? Most cost comes from the shipping so if we buy in bulge we could split the shipping cost..

I'm checkin out GNC times sq soon so i'll try to post the prices here! :wave:

sabrina_a Wed, Aug-11-04 00:15

Low Carb in GNC Malaysia

I just came back from GNC times sq, and heck - talk about limited!

But they do have quite a fair range of low-carb bars. Atkins Advantage Bars & Endulge r two of them. There's this offer, if u buy 3 of the same range u'd get 10% off n 6, 20%.

They don't have splenda, no bake mix either. There's Atkins Advantage Shake Mix for rm115. that's abt all. each low-carb bar sells at around rm8.90 - rm14.50.

i hope to find more atkins devout in kl tho... oh yeah, the salesperson in gnc also told me that they have 'sugar-substitutes' in gnc singapore. i hope it's splenda! i'll get my friend to check them out.

shucks, i hope i'm not the only one talkin in here - n that i'm not posting this for myself to read!

take care & god bless, :D :D :D

dazzlin182 Sun, Aug-15-04 21:30

hi sabrina re:splenda none here so far but you can use local manufactured sucralose under the brand "ever sweett" available from guardian or vitacare about 9.90 per box. its rather hard cuz only available in sachet and not granular or whatever so it makes it hard when we wanna bake etc but im thankful enough to be able to buy them locally and i use them all the time for whatever i eat eventho its the baking thing so i usually stock lotssss of them. i called the company they said none granular available yet.

dazzlin182 Sun, Aug-15-04 21:33

sabrina if you speak malay theres low carb message board run by local girls! have couple of members in there definitely help ya where to get stuff in KL. most of them are on fat flush or south beach tho and couple of them on atkins but hay we all have one goal here! :D

cheers hay stop by at my journal sometimes okay :D

sabrina_a Mon, Aug-16-04 02:18

kewl! thanks for lettin me know - I've almost been goin 'sweet-less' for one whole week since i'd started atkins! :lol:

btw i'm interested in that msg board u mentioned.. where is it? its great to find local peers for support! :agree:

so long for now, hope to hear frm u soon! :D :D

dazzlin182 Wed, Aug-18-04 19:24

alamak i went to check the board and it seemed down! what a shame...because theres lot of good info in there. re: sweetener if you dont like that mock splenda i suggested....you can use stevia i think its available somewhere in one utama

sabrina_a Thu, Aug-19-04 21:59

Whoa... 1 utama's huge! mind specify? :)

btw i've yet to find ever-sweett.. the guardian near my house only has equal & pal-sweet. which guardian did u find them?

thx!

dazzlin182 Mon, Aug-23-04 20:26

i forgot the name of the shop lah, one girl from the board suggested it i never bought it tho. re ever swett try guardian klcc or bb plaza

sabrina_a Tue, Aug-24-04 22:57

yup i found it thx ;)

dazzlin182 Fri, Sep-17-04 06:35

amacam diet sabrina..ok? :D

sabrina_a Sat, Sep-18-04 09:52

haha, mcm tu lah..

i jz practice low-carbing w/o the counting carbs all those stuff, simply cut out completely rice, bread, junk food etc (tho i do cheat once in a while for a nice choc! :D )

steadily sheding abt 1-2 lbs a week n feelin gud.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hows u ?

tracylim Mon, Nov-01-04 03:26

hi, i'm new here....who else in LC program?