Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   low-carb grocery - looking for recommendations (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=454351)

Caroxx Mon, Jul-29-13 16:16

low-carb grocery - looking for recommendations

I'm in Ontario and want to put my first order in at The Low-Carb Grocery. I will order sf syrups and whey protein powder (I have chocolate, so vanilla and unflavoured), as I want to try a cheesecake and many interesting recipes seem to be made with protein powder. Also, coconut and oat flour, ground almonds.

Would my fellow Canadians kindly steer me towards your favourite brands? I've heard of DaVinci syrups and Miracle noodles. Does anyone recommend these?

Are there other products you particularly like that are available from this sources? Is there another source you would recommend over this one?

Thank you for any and all ideas!

Caroxx :)

jeanyyy Tue, Jul-30-13 11:24

I have a ton of Da Vinci syrups and have tried the Miracle Noodles. Both are... okay. But I find I don't use the Da V all that much, so I would recommend you get maybe one bottle, eg the French Vanilla, and try it first. As for the Miracle Noodles, again.. get one and try first. I'm in no hurry to have them again.

Coconut and almond flour - yes! Sugar free chocolate, including chocolate chips. Peanut flour, that dry PB stuff you make into peanut butter... all good.

Kristine Tue, Jul-30-13 15:48

Hi. Where in Ontario are you - anywhere near a Bulk Barn? I was happy with my orders from LCG, but I'd bet a lot of things are cheaper at BB: almond flour, coconut flour, flax seeds... and try to find an Asian grocery store for the konnyaku noodles. :idea:

I wasn't a big fan of the DaVinci syrups I tried. There was just something... odd about them.

To be honest, the only LC product I go out of my way to buy is Heinz LC ketchup. :yum: I bring some back from the US every time I go.

deelane Wed, Jul-31-13 11:25

I order regularly from them and I recommend these products.

Dreamfields pasta...they are all good and very versatile,{salads and seafood)

DaVincis syrups...love the pineapple for pina coladas

Big Train Mocha Mix...excellent for mudslides

Miracle rice...for salads,soups and sushi rolls

Mama Lupes tortillas...excellent for wraps,pita chips,etc.

Hershey's chocolate sauce...dh puts it in his morning coffee.

Caroxx Wed, Jul-31-13 11:42

Wow, great info! Thank you all!

Caroxx

msmum1977 Tue, Feb-25-14 10:25

The sugar free PC Ketchup is pretty good. Low in carbs as it has no sugar. Found at any Loblaws/Superstores/Zehrs/Fortinos/No Frills, etc - anywhere that carries President's Choice products.

riddick818 Sun, Mar-23-14 14:39

I'd recommend hazelnut butter. I recently tried it and it was amazing.

deelane Mon, Mar-24-14 08:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmum1977
The sugar free PC Ketchup is pretty good. Low in carbs as it has no sugar. Found at any Loblaws/Superstores/Zehrs/Fortinos/No Frills, etc - anywhere that carries President's Choice products.

I've been buying PC ketchup no sugar ketchup for years and thought it couldn't get any better...I was wrong! I bought some the other day and now they are making it with stevia instead of spenda!! YaYYY :yum: