Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Keep up the good work,,It pays off!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=204351)

3shewolf8 Tue, Aug-17-04 19:06

Keep up the good work,,It pays off!!

[/FONT][COLOR=Magenta] :D I almost gave up. Yep, I really thought about not doing the low carb thing anymore. I'm not loosing anymore, and I was feeling depressed. Then I went to the tanner today. I saw myself naked in a full lenth mirror under those really bright lights :o and I actually liked what I saw. I can't tell you the last time that I really looked at myself that close naked. I was putting the tanning lotion on, and I looked at my rear end, and turned around and almost cried!!! :D In a good way of course. I could see the definition in my ab muscles. I have been doing crunches for a year, and never noticed anything different until today. Then to top it off :wave: my son says (in front of half of his football team) "Hey mom, lift your shirt and show the guys your abs and your belly button ring!!!" of course I didn't, but when I said "no way!!" he said to his friends "My mom really does have abs, and her belly button ring is so cool!!!" I almost burst!! My son noticed it even before I did. He noticed the last time I was doing my crunches, because he did them with me!! I know it is my son doing the bragging, but because he is 13 (I thought they were embarrassed of you at that age) I guess it means more!!! I am doing my happy dance tonight!!! I saw the muscles, I saw the ribs, I see my belly button ring just by looking down, I can see my C-section scar!! I just had to tell someone!!!! :agree:

oregongirl Tue, Aug-17-04 23:37

Congratulations !!!!!! That is wonderful . You have come a long way .. you continue being proud of yourself .. you deserve it ...

:) Oregongirl :)

Kathy54 Mon, Aug-23-04 09:55

Wow, what a wonderful compliment from your son!!
He must be very proud of you! Way to go, keep it up, you are almost there :)

Kathy

bradshaw Mon, Aug-23-04 10:31

Reading your story brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing. That is awesome.

I was checking out your stats they are similiar to mine. That just proves to me that it can be done. I'm inspired. Thanks!

Kristine Mon, Aug-23-04 17:18

Congrats!! :sunny: Your son sounds like a good kid. ;)

Keep up the good work!

dwilson9 Wed, Aug-25-04 18:25

Congratulationsssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you!

3shewolf8 Mon, Aug-30-04 14:45

It just keeps getting better and better. I have gotten so many compliments on my looks that it is unreal. I have always been the fat girl, you know, the one that is funny, but not attractive. I love the compliments, but it also makes me think. I am the same person inside that I was when I was fat, but people notice you more. I do have more confidence now, I can do more, and I am not afraid to be in the limelight. I love it here, and wish that I would have done this years ago. Man, to think of all that I missed!! I am living like the new Tim McGraw song, "Live like you were dying", for those of you that don't know it, he basically says that you should do what you would do if you found out that you only had a month to live, like skydiving, speak sweeter, love deeper, and just do it now before it is too late. I am, and I will, I hope that you all do too.

GabrielleG Thu, Sep-02-04 18:13

Wow 3 shewolf you should be so proud of what you accomplished. Congratulations and thank you for posting your story.

3shewolf8 Sun, Apr-03-05 14:26

I just had another success moment. I hear compliments from people that I haven't seen in a long time on occasion, but the other night I went out for dinner with friends, one of my friends had a very noticable weight loss, and I commented that I thought that she had lost weight, and how great she looked, on the inside I was thinking, "man, I wish I looked that good", when we went into the bathroom, and I was standing next to her looking in the mirror(full length too), I was the same size as her!! We were standing side by side and I was totally blown away!! I love the way I look!!! I can hardly wait for summer!!!

3shewolf8 Sun, May-15-05 08:52

Gotta add more to my story!! My favorite sweat pants are falling off of my hips!! THEY ARE A SIZE M!! and My husband asked me the other day..."Has anyone told you that you have the hottest ass lately??" Well, coming from him, who is not the most talkative person in the world..that meant more to me than a boatload of compliments from anywhere else!!!

eaglewings Mon, May-16-05 06:24

You Go, Girl!! I am proud of you! YOU are doing fantastic! Do keep up the good work, you are making tremendous progress! Bless that boy of yours, what a gift of encouragement and support he is!

I need help in the excercise department. I lost all but the last 20 pounds without doing more than active living and its time I get real with getting my body moving to lose the rest. I am disciplined to eat well, I just don't seem to make time in my full schedule to make a daily routine for excercise. I need inspiration.

3shewolf8 Thu, Jan-05-06 18:30

this one is good too!! Last night when I was in my P.J.'s (I had to start over on induction with a 17 lb weight gain in the past year) my youngest son says "How much do you weigh now mom, about 155?" I said "No way, I weigh in at a whopping 185" his reply, "You are lying, you look way smaller than that!" I was beaming this morning, then my boss actually asked gave me a compliment on my hair! He asked if I had lightened it, I said why yes I did, and he said "Well done! It looks great" How about that for a really great way to spend a day. What a super ego boost!!

droppin Thu, Mar-16-06 07:51

you go girl!! congrats on the lose isn't it great your son thinks so to.

skippie Sun, Mar-19-06 15:07

Kids will say the darned things, and they are honest to boot.
Congrats to you are doing so good.

3shewolf8 Sun, Aug-20-06 14:14

It has been a long time since I have really felt like adding to my success link. I have to today. Last winter, I would say in Jan. or Feb. I bought a pair of jeans that I loved. I got them home, and they were way too tight to enjoy wearing. (yeah, yeah I know, I should have tried them on, but I just grabbed the size I bought when I last bought a new pair of jeans) Anyway, that made me step on the scale and face the fact that I was indeed putting on weight, 17 pounds to be exact. Today, I felt "thin" I have noticed that my clothes are fitting loose again, so I thought "what the heck" and decided to try on those jeans again. They are LOOSE!!!! I washed them and put them in a cool dryer and they still fit a bit loose!! I am wearing them to work proudly tomorrow!!! This, of course made me decide to try on other clothes that I haven't worn for awhile. I have a favorite sleeveless top that was tight in the boob area at the beginning of summer, it is now totally BAGGY on me!! I am wearing it right now and can pull it out at least 9 or 10 inches from my stomach!! I spent time with my parents last weekend, and my dad told me that I was looking really good since I started loosing weight again, and a friend of mine at work told me that I should stop loosing because I look really good, and if I lost too much more I would look funny because I would be too thin. (That one is debateable. I still have some to loose before goal is hit) but it makes me feel great!!