Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Advanced/High Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   You Know You Are A Gym/fitness Addict When ... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184254)

Trainerdan Thu, May-13-04 07:24

You Know You Are A Gym/fitness Addict When ...

Feel free to add to the list ... Just some observations recently that are out-of-the-norm, but any card-carrying gym rat would appreciate ... :D

(1) When you purchase memberships at different gyms because you like the equipment for chest and back at one gym, and the equipment/machines for legs and cardio at another.

(2) "Dude, that's alot of pills to take in one day." "Ummm, that's just with breakfast bro."

(3) Your desk and kitchen begin to resemble a strange mix of pharmacy and health food store.

(4) The other gym regulars have a nickname for you.

Anyone else? Let's have some fun with it ...

nets33 Thu, May-13-04 07:32

(5) You pass on the a few beers at the bar with friends so that you can go home to get in a quick workout.

(6) You spend your tax refund on new workout equipment.

AL2105 Thu, May-13-04 08:19

Al2105

7) People at your office start asking you for workout and nutrition advice.

8) People start asking you "what is that and what is it for?", pointing to your weight vest or ab wheel.

climbergrl Thu, May-13-04 08:30

9) You lie about having another "engagement" when all you really want to do is go work out.

10) family members and friends tell you to "go for a run or something" when you are moody or depressed

11) You schdule vacations to fall on your rest days so you don't miss days

12) A forced rest day causes you great anxiety and you feel like a blimp because you didn't work out that day.

Trainerdan Thu, May-13-04 08:33

LMAO ... #10 ... Yeah, that's so true.

"Yo, go lift or something. You are miserable."

RoseTattoo Thu, May-13-04 08:40

People at the gym--whom you don't directly know--start asking the person in charge for your phone number if you miss a single day, to see if you're still alive. :D

AJ_0001 Thu, May-13-04 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTattoo
People at the gym--whom you don't directly know--start asking the person in charge for your phone number if you miss a single day, to see if you're still alive. :D

Ha ha ha - I had to go at night for a week in the winter and when I went in the following Monday morning, the receptionist started giving me heck - Where were YOU, missy! Made me feel special though... :D

Galadriell Thu, May-13-04 09:19

When more than half of your laundry is running/exercise clothes.

When you buy shoes only from the kids/men section - because you consider every women shoes as foot killers.

When your #1 skin care product is BodyGlide.

When your dining room look like a sporting goods/running gear store.

When in the middle of a reception you notice that you are checking people's feet if they are under/over or normal pronators.

When your kids wish you a GREAT RUN for Mother's Day:-))

doogieb Thu, May-13-04 10:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriell

Amen to that one! Between a sweat towel, a shower towel, t-shirt, shorts and socks for the gym I'm never done washing gym clothes!

Infact I need to remember to buy more towels over the next few days as I keep running out and having to tumble dry some!

Vanity3 Thu, May-13-04 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriell

Very true, I now need to invest in more workout clothes.

But another one is...
When you have a morning and an evening workout routine.

liftnlady Thu, May-13-04 11:36

you bring you own food to family events and get togethers with friends

Trainerdan Thu, May-13-04 11:38

Quote:
you bring you own food to family events and get togethers with friends

Every summer, every BBQ ... LOL ... me and my private cooler ...

Good one.

fridayeyes Thu, May-13-04 12:33

* when '30 grams of the good stuff' means dextrose, and that roll of quarters in your gym bag is a stash for the Sweet Tart machine because your kid keeps raiding your gymbag for Smarties.

* your family keeps asking when they are going to meet those friends you keep talking about. You know, Dan and Lyle?

* there are more miles on your exercise bike or your pedometer than your car.

* hearing the words 'ripped', 'cut', or 'shredded' no longer sends you running for a needle, band-aids, or scotch tape.

* you find yourself debating the relative merits of Nair vs wax with a bunch of your guy friends

* you're an expert at the one-footed cursing dance that comes from pulling the 50 lb plate off the bar without seeing the little 10 in front of it.

AL2105 Thu, May-13-04 13:03

:)

* You spend your lunch break shopping at the sporting goods store *
(I just bought new workout shoes and a medicine ball for this evenings workout... :)

LOL! I guess I have finally arrived as a "fitness addict." I have or do more than half the things on this list.

'Bout time!

nets33 Thu, May-13-04 13:07

Forgot a couple...

- You've got different pairs of shoes for running, weight training, walking, yoga, tennis and all your other fitness programs
- Your Mom comes to you for advice on training and has you review her fitness program to ensure she is on "the right track"