Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ATTN. : need advice : ATTN. : need advice : ATTN. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=23189)

taz0126 Tue, Oct-09-01 17:56

ATTN. : need advice : ATTN. : need advice : ATTN.

Hi all, sorry I havent posted in a few weeks, my business is HECTIC !
I am down from 269 to 229,I only have 30 more Lbs. to go to get to my goal weight, so any advice would be a big help. I am completely STUCK !!! been that way for about 3 weeks. I eat virtually NO carbs or sugar AT ALL. I cant seem to jumpstart my weight loss again. My working out has slown down a bit due to time restraints, but my eating has stayed exactly the same. No carbs at all...except maybe trace amounts mixed in with my other foods.
ADMINS..you all seem to be great at giving these bits of info so PLEASE E....some over to me !! I will be forever greatfull!
Thanks Chris :wave:

Natrushka Tue, Oct-09-01 18:05

mmmmm how about eating some carbs? I'm not saying go out and eat some potatoes :) but you do need your vegetables and at this point for you some berries would probably be good. Your body can adapt to what it's being fed, and your body can require some time off to adjust to such dramatic weight loss. I don't imagine you gained the weight overnight.... you shouldnt expect to lose it that way either.

A few examples of what you eat every day would make giving advice a lot easier too ;)

That being said, eat some more carbs in the form of green vegetables. A few cups a day with your meals, be sure to keep your water intake up, and don't be so hard on yourself! You know this WOE works.. you're an example of how well!

Nat

tamarian Tue, Oct-09-01 18:12

Taz,

Looking at your profile, starting 3-4 months ago, it's seems about time you hit a normal plateau (normal for my size, and you're fairly similar in terms of goal). Don't fret, hang tough, do what you've doing, and in my case plateaus take 2-3 weeks, and the progress should continue.

Make sure you take measurements, and don't be at 0-carbs, there's no need to. If you really suspect you're doing something wrong, list your daily food intake for a few days, we might spot something you're missing.

Congrats on the loss so far, and remember the last few pounds are the hardest. ;)

Wa'il

wvets Sun, Jun-09-13 20:38

I just was wondering do you need so many carbs to prevent low sugar shakes? I get constipated does it cause like gastroprosis with insulin. I've done Atkins but as a diabetic Bernstein. spoke to VA endocrinologist which informed me VA allows 45 carbs diabetic. At least she will ok if numbers good and I am not sick. Read book listen tapes and keeping food and bg levels. I go up and down with constipation. One day I lost next up. I belive that if the close is big your loosing.

Nancy LC Sun, Jun-09-13 20:39

This is a 12-year-old post. The OP is long, long gone.