Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   LC our way! #2 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=478157)

Blue52 Fri, Sep-15-17 16:08

Hi all,

Have a pal coming over for happy hour soon so I'm just going to "collage" this out quick.

K-mom, great that your heartbeat is back up there and you're totaling in step with "the plan." Three cheers for little Ava!!! Warms my heart no end. Fire ants, bugs and big black snacks, oh my! ---hahahahahahaha. I think of Denzel Washington. In the most lady like way of course. I love the exceptional typo. Sorry the kiddo hurt her ankle but I'd be workin' the silver lining on that thang too. HATED gym. Me on the balance bar, or behind a bat, or under a basket, all experiences in humility and humiliation. Can we say NO talent in this area? Ms. Klutzbutt here. And of course you have to clean for the cleaning lady, or as Nic said more specifically, pick up for her. I used to just close my son's door and tell her not to go in there...then do the same as Nic, make him do it himself.

Badda bing, badda bang, and I'm out, just as the doorbell is ringing.

On plan.

Jaz66 Fri, Sep-15-17 17:39

OMG- I laughed out loud at that typo- Thank YOU TRIG - for of course pulling that one out.

KMOM- we were not talking cake over the typo...... I will leave it at that-
Maybe this single gal was thinking of a ............ HAHAAHAHAH
Ok- need to let it go....HA

Glad everyone doing ok-
Work was good- dinner was ZERO CARBS
OHHHHHHHHHH-

I got a PAYING client! Serious! So I told ya all I was working with 2 gals in my office- they both took off and have done SO well..... one is now at 25 pounds lost.....

She was asked by someone else in the company- different dept how she lost all her weight. She said- JAZ instructed and counseled- and gave her my card. So long story short she wanted a cash paying meet. OK!!!!!
So I met with her and put her on 60 carbs day- and need her to do a food diary, blood sugars 3 times a day and gave her a binder of material I have collected - we will meet next week.

I was then ask again today to counsel someone else in our company- on carb counting. Her A1C came back as borderline and she heard I love that line of work....... go figure!
Loved EVERY minute
AND ya know what- my size didn't matter- they wanted what is in my head! SHOCKING...... I real had a brain flip- I am ready to go...... I did this for years and in Greenville I worked for ENDO doing just that - working with diabetics

I am passionate again! People want truth and will pay

Jaz66 Sat, Sep-16-17 05:49

Good Morning All-

Got a few minutes before I am off to Greenville.
So I was thinking about this thread- us- and really how much we know compared to the average person.

Yes I maybe the nurse on here- but much of my nutritional learning came from research and wanting truth outside of what I do.

There is so much misinformation out there it is really hard to know what to believe. When I told this gal yesterday that sugar the the biggest inflammatory think we put in our mouth - she was stunned.
Then I told her fat was OK.

Maybe I moved really too fast with her. I gave her a binder she can browse at her leisure. It is packed with articles, and studies, and helpful stories regarding LOW CARB.
I also included serval articles about emotional eating etc.

I am so grateful I found a place where we can talk about our WOE and it is accepted.
Most people including my own family "don't get it" - well my kids do. They eat a lot like I do.
But most people do not understand. I can ya most people still buy into the calories in= calories out theory.

Ok gotta run- personals next post!
Off to hang with the 2 year old!

Whirrlly Sat, Sep-16-17 06:09

very cool on your new 'teaching lc' adventure and $$ to boot! There ya go, new career!! You can move anywhere and help people and make a great income...cool

enjoy the zoo with the little one!!!

Whirrlly Sat, Sep-16-17 06:11

Blue did ya have fun with your friend? :) Hope it was a great night!

Barb was supposed to walk with me but her and Rex had to drive out to buy a new motor for some dairy farm equipment and they rarely get away from the farm so it ends up they do the errand and do lunch just for some down time so she blew me off the other day on hiking. We gotta get together, I need some friend time here also and I hope you are getting your social 'to do' in also LOL
Hanging with friends is a good thing, decompresses me for sure!

niccofive Sat, Sep-16-17 07:35

Jaz- That is great news! That is two of "us"- you and Lori- who have counseled others and/or made money doing so. Well done!
Have a great time with your grandson. Take a pic or two on your phone if you think of it!

Lori- Hope you are having a great time!

Trig- Sorry your time with your buddy fell through. That can be so disappointing when you are really looking forward to girlfriend time.

Kmom- Agree with you about the CASA kiddo but the good news is that she is in a great placement and has been since birth, and it is a relative placement so she is surrounded by family members rather than in a foster family. To me the scary thing would be that a parent gets just well enough to get her back and then falls apart again.

Blue- Hope you had a wonderful time with your friend yesterday. You deserve some wonderful down time!

••••••••

Happy Saturday all!

DS15 did get his room clean last night, I believe. I haven't seen the final result since he is asleep but I did hear him doing stuff, and the sheets are in the laundry room this morning. Plus the trash can in the kitchen was rather full of stuff he cleaned out so apparently he moved into some deep cleaning while he was at it. ;) I'll take that!

Today Dh and I are going to drive the van over to a friend's house and drop it off over there for her. Her car died and she needs an alternate vehicle for work this week and while she shops for a new car. It's sort of a beater (2006, 162k miles) that we keep for the kids to drive, and since DS18 doesn't have it at college and DS15 isn't quite old enough for a learning permit, we are happy to loan it out to her. Talk about a rough week- she is currently in Nebraska because her Mom died. :(

Then tonight DH and I are going to the National Harbor to meet his parents and brothers for a fancy schmancy dinner. This isn't really my scene, a fancy anything, and both my SILs bailed. I want to bail too but I would feel badly doing that to my ILs - I think they would be paranoid is all three of us did, like we had colluded or something, so I'm going. But (insert whine here) I have get dressed up, and put on makeup, and be all freaking grown up and well behaved and OOOOOOHHHHHHHH I don't wanna gooOOOOOOOO!!! Don't worry though, I will suck it up and smile and be all good and stuff.

No UMD game on today as they are on a Bye but will be tuning in to watch the Ravens tomorrow. They are looking really good this season thus far but I am hesitant to celebrate much, yet!

Blue52 Sat, Sep-16-17 15:57

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just lost a long post. Hasn't happened to be in a long time. So frustrating. No time to re-write, hubby and I are settling down to dinner in front of a movie in a couple of minutes. May try to come back later and try again. Darn it!

Had chicken wings and cold shrimp w/my pal/neighbor last night. Perfect. We sat out on our back porch gabbing till the crickets went to bed. Particularly lovely as the days to be on the porch are waning, and I haven't felt particularly sociable lately, and wondered how long I'd last, but the knack came back just fine. She is such a bright, generous person, and is in the biz, so we really understand each other on that. She had some great suggestions and will be a nice support and help.

Tonight, pork chops, LC coleslaw and some of k-mom's sliced tomatoes. On plan, Stan.

Jaz66 Sat, Sep-16-17 18:40

Back- -that little 2 year kicked my butt....... Guess what he is now talking- he wasn't doing anything but GRUNTING the last time I saw him a month ago- in 1 month he is using full sentences. He ran to me grabbed my legs and yelled GIGI!!!!!!! GIGI!!!!!! GIGI!!!!
OMG I fell in love with that kiddo all over. He had to hold GIGI's hand the entire time. Even when I was in the bathroom I could hear him saying---- GIGI potty? Where GIGI.....

I kissed and tickled his belly and said- hey you- you knew all along what we were saying...... more giggles..........

We saw alligators, giraffes, tigers, lions, and the gift shop where he walked out with a bag of plastic animals way over priced that I could have gotten at Target for 3 bucks. But NO we were at the ZOO- it was 13.........
Then the little guy got tired and we headed back to the Ronald MC Donald house. OMG that place is so pretty and so welcoming! It is a haven for families struggling to be with loved ones that can't afford to stay in a hotel. They have a HUGE common area- cosy couches. Large stocked kitchen to use for all- they make the families breakfast lunch and dinner. Varies people come in to cook for them- there are sandwiches, fruit, snacks, water, pop, fully stocked for the taking open when every they want- no need. Plus full dinners- the sandwiches are just snack. Full complete meals are for free and in the fridge when they get there. they just go to fridge and get meals. What an awesome place!

Their bedrooms are larger that a hotel room- with bathroom- full walk in closet. Very lovely for the 3 of them The washer dryer is around the hall fro them- also open for them to use. I am so happy they are there. All expenses cared for. That way these families can just focus on their babies, kids.
If I had extra money I would send them money! What a beautiful thing.

I saw Ava today too- yes she is now 2.5 pounds- but ever SO small. Tiny tiny tiny hands. Always outstretched and seems to want to touch her mommy. her heart rate drop when DD held her hand- like she was relaxing.

Blue- hate when I lose a pst- :( :( I LOVE your posts-

I have more to say personal but struggling to stay awake- thinking I will skip church tomorrow.
I was only going to meet people- don't really drink that cool aide.

I have been having such vivid dreams lately- one that I had was I was sitting in church- everyone was mumbling in unison but me.I then started looking for an exit- and couldn't a find way out- then I woke up- !!!!!

I am taking computer to bed and settling in with Netflix until I am drooling and snoring !!!!!!HAHAHAAH

Personals tomorrow

Kauaimom Sat, Sep-16-17 20:23

SD here for three days. Can you say....tired! But again, a good tired. She rocks my world!

Happy weekend to everyone.

K-Mom 10x4

Whirrlly Sun, Sep-17-17 06:27

Nicco tell us about the smanchy dinner and how it went. Love to hear an update on it!!
What gets me is a funeral I must attend, I never seem to have the right clothes for one :) I have sporty stuff and farm junky clothes and none of those inbetween clothes when they are needed for a nice dinner or funeral or some event. Man I need to get me at least 2 outfits in the closet for that stuff. lol

HI ALL
yesteday shop went well and expensive as always :( we did good tho and I am getting--finally!!--her to be a more fast efficient shopper. She dogged me thru that store at warp speed lol.....she tried on 2 pairs of pants, loved 1 that fit great, and we bought 5 pairs...2 black, 1 dark blue, 1 lighter blue and 1 khaki. Done deal She has 0 interest in clothes.

ok, her hair is now BLUE.....I made sure she bought an ok color lol but thankfully we got a 'demin blue' and it was 'irredescent' and came out alot nicer than some shocking bright blue....still weirdo for me but it has a black tone in it and I have to say it is not that bad...well, I can live with it and she doesn't look crazy freaky...at least not to this old woman LOL----I think her hair is 'her thing' and screw clothes and more oh well, it is what it is HA

might hit walking track today
fast walk with kiddo and doggie cause very cloudy and rain supposed to come so?? just seeing how the day rolls

great day all

niccofive Sun, Sep-17-17 08:09

Well darn it, Blue, so sorry you lost your post. I hate it when that happens but especially a long one that I put time and thought into.
Glad you had fun with your friend!

Jaz, The zoo day sounds really fun and so glad you had a wonderful time with Noah and that he is growing and developing in leaps and bounds. What did you think of the zoo itself? Was it better than you thought in terms of enclosures?
The Ronald McDonald house sounds absolutely amazing and is an absolute gift to those families. They are building a new one in Baltimore and IF the CASA case winds up that might be on my short list of possible volunteer options.

KMom- I know you are having a wonderful time with your SD. I always picture her in my minds' eye with her hands dancing now. :)

Trig- That is exactly how I shop. Find something I like, buy several in different colors and it becomes a "uniform" of sorts. I am all about ease and comfort, but I know I make fashion conscious people around me want to cry. :lol:
Are these colored dyes easy on the hair? I am guessing they are since she isn't actually stripping the color.

Lori- Hope you are having a wonderful time!

••••••••

So, the fancy schmancy dinner was fine, all things considered. I do enjoy my ILs and my BILs, even though I like it more when at least one SIL is there also. I did get on nice clothes and even <gasp> makeup.
I tell you what though, this is a big drinking group. I'm not so much, neither is my DH, not for any reason other than we just don't tend to drink that much. I spent time from high school into year three of college drinking and then slowed down quite a bit, although I definitely have my moments! I did have a drink last night, a Long Island Iced Tea and as you know that packs a punch. One was plenty! :lol:
So the bill was split four ways and between lots of alcohol and an expensive place, our bill was IMO a hella lot to be split four ways! Sheesh!! And the food was decidedly average.
Still and all, not sorry I went and it was a nice time.

Today the Ravens play. DD and Fi are planning to come over too, I believe. Hopefully I will hear from DS18 once or twice via text if he is watching the game at college. I am doing MUCH better with missing him, although we passed the exit for his college on the way into DC and I had major heart tugs. I just wanted to hug him real quick.

DS15 was back to work on his armor yesterday. Our Sky Chair broke on Friday evening so I told him he could use that also. He has completed the upper armor and is now working on the lower armor. He was showing off his work last night when we got home and it is impressive. Quite a mind! He also said he studied a bit for his first AP test on Monday and I was glad for that. Traditionally everyone fails the first AP test since this is the first AP class offered to them and they aren't used to the college way of studying vs high school. So, I'm expecting him to fail but that doesn't mean I don't want him to try!

Very busy first half of the week coming up so I gotta pace myself.

Jaz66 Sun, Sep-17-17 08:10

Good Morning all!

Trig- I love that you let the kiddo get creative with her hair. So she is a pants kid? Pants and tee shirts? Are jeans not allowed? Pants seems uptight to me for a kid. All the kids I see are wearing jeans.

They go to old navy- and wear the crap outta those, grunge is in right now. Ya know the homeless look! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry about your funeral - those are never easy. I try to avoid those like the plague. I rarely go to funerals. But then again I have only had a few people in my life pass. My one set of grandparents donated their bodies to science and there was no funeral. That was their request.
The other set of grandparents - Granda- wanted a living wake, while she was living. I went to that, she said her goodbyes to everyone. Told everybody she loved them. She dressed up in best dress, and had makeup on and everything.
She passed 2 weeks later- had her ashes buried. Grandpa- I was sick, and the kids were sick, I choose not to go. We were not close.

Nobody else in my family or friends (yes I have some- HA) have passed. I know I am lucky that way. I also know none of us are immune - we will all have to go through that.

As far as what to wear- do you own a pair of nice pants? I was going to type the word dress- :lol: :lol: :lol: - but I know better.
Truly maybe just one pair of dark slacks and a loose drapey top. Boom done.

Blue- Are you posting and I am missing it? OH wait - you lost the post. I am on my fist cup of coffee. I still have a few cobwebs.
I can't think of a better way to spend an evening that cosy with your hubs- watching a movie. What did you see?
How are things in general going? Really do want to know.
Plus- how is your DS doing? Does he still like his new job?

Leeann- Yes do tell us about your evening! What did you wear! What did you order- did you have fun!?

So the DS15- finally cleaned his room huh? The ones that are spunky and do their own thing tend to me the messiest. They really DO NOT CARE. I still see that in my kids. My DS- as neat as the military- even folds his undies. My DD- ya push stuff off the couch to sit. She really doesn't care. She is the free spirit of the two. DS is an engineer. So funny how that works.

KMOM- have fun with SD. Love that you do. How is your WOE going? Heart rate still going well?
-----------------------------------------------------
All- Had a beautiful day with the kids yesterday! See prior post!
I had my daughter send me her pic's she took. I will be honest they were very hard to really look at.
The sweet boy is just adorable- but it was me.
I remember that BLUE posted about a pic that was taken of her while she was on the set and it was shocking to see.

Ya know - sometimes pictures are a kick in the jazz of reality. I truly don't think of myself as a "fat" person. I have the OPPOSITE of anorexia- when I look in the mirror I see young, and thinner than I am.
I lost all that weight 8 years ago- and was thin, for many years. I have held onto that image of myself. Until I see pictures.
BTW- I will post ZOO pic's in email.

Back to the pic's though- I am glad in a way I saw them. It gives me a real picture of how others see me. I saw that pic and thought- OMG- who is that fat lady with my grandson!
I am totally sure everyone of us has had that revalation. Funny how we see ourself.

But on the other hand it is motavating as well. I really could be doing more. I am not going to suck up this space with whining- THANKS TRIG! :heart: I am just going to do it.

I have been listening to this guy Dominick ..... on health benefits of being KETO. I am loving it. Can't remember his first name though I am sure you can find him on You Tube. He is all over it. Interesting.

Today will be my putter day. I will put a pork roast in the oven- low and slow. Bought romaine leaves so I can make pork wraps. I will top with some LC BBQ sauce and a TINY bit of shredded cheese.
No other cabs- should come in at about 3 today- total carbs.

I also need to take some time and freeze my credit. I upped one of my cards- and want to close 3 tiny ones I have to local stores. And just play with the big boy cards and freeze everything else.
I was one of those hacked - :( I will be signing up for that case action suit. I really don't care if I only get 1 dollar out of it. How careless of them!!!!!! They should be held accountable.
Plus my time to secure my stuff up! What a pain in the arsenal.
You all should check too!

Ok all - have a beautiful day

Whirrlly Sun, Sep-17-17 08:17

Nicco, expecting him to fail LOL I bet 100% he will amaze ya and do well :) but I get the drift on that.

my kid is taking the college ACT test on 10/28. I surely expect her to do bad but I told her, heck I am not sure how smart she really is and if she 'truly thinks' about it and applies logic she might have a true shot LOL She is freaking out on this testing but I told her never worry about things like this. They might give ya great benefits or you aren't to that level and you know and you just keep on trying and learning...I mean I never want her under any test stress. I don't fly with that nonsense :)
Life is too darn short to give a 12 yr old stress HA

Very cool on the smanchy dinner

expensive and food was just ok and average. I know that, the last few restaurants we loved and visited
are kinda just ok now....must be change in food costs for them and quality they can offer at a 'somewhat reasonable cost' but when I spend over $30 for a friggin' meal it best have some special zing to it ya know lol

yea ya paid for their alcohol for night on your 1/4 of that bill....you nice thing you :)

Long Island Ice Tea. OMG I inhaled those by the bucketfull in my old days...great drink and will knock ya down fast

oh I feel like I was there with ya and now want a nice night out -
---heehee

Whirrlly Sun, Sep-17-17 08:28

HI Jaz!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
Good Morning all!

Trig- I love that you let the kiddo get creative with her hair. So she is a pants kid? Pants and tee shirts? Are jeans not allowed? Pants seems uptight to me for a kid. All the kids I see are wearing jeans.
oh these pants are kinda jeans...that stretchy material demin in colors so it is just basic jeans/pants thing to put on and go lol

They go to old navy- and wear the crap outta those, grunge is in right now. Ya know the homeless look! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yea I see that everywhere now also and she can't wear any cutouts or holes in jeans...school won't allow it but ya know I kinda like them :)

Sorry about your funeral - those are never easy. I try to avoid those like the plague. I rarely go to funerals. But then again I have only had a few people in my life pass. My one set of grandparents donated their bodies to science and there was no funeral. That was their request.
The other set of grandparents - Granda- wanted a living wake, while she was living. I went to that, she said her goodbyes to everyone. Told everybody she loved them. She dressed up in best dress, and had makeup on and everything.
She passed 2 weeks later- had her ashes buried. Grandpa- I was sick, and the kids were sick, I choose not to go. We were not close.
OH sorry, no funeral, just saying I need to put an outfit inthe closet for a funeral if needed LOL thankfully no one passed! And I get ya on your grandma....many love to say goodbye and get that final closure!

Nobody else in my family or friends (yes I have some- HA) have passed. I know I am lucky that way. I also know none of us are immune - we will all have to go through that.

As far as what to wear- do you own a pair of nice pants? I was going to type the word dress- :lol: :lol: :lol: - but I know better.
Truly maybe just one pair of dark slacks and a loose drapey top. Boom done.
HAHA I got like all summer stuff, capris and top for the beachy going out thing but not like a suitable outfit for things so I will shop and get some and leave them in the closet for when needed. being home and not working outside the home means I dress on the grungy side and have my 'public outfits' but those are good jeans/capris and a ''nicer''' t shirt lol

-----------------------------------------------------

Glad you had a great day at the zoo!!

But on the other hand it is motavating as well. I really could be doing more. I am not going to suck up this space with whining- THANKS TRIG! :heart: I am just going to do it.
hey all we can do is act on our whining if it is that important to us :)

enjoy your putter day!!!

Ok all - have a beautiful day

Blue52 Sun, Sep-17-17 17:32

Hi all,

Behind on personals, so some of this stuff may refer to the last week's comments.

Jaz---I'm so happy to hear you have your first client, and SO HAPPY to hear you are not letting your weight stop you from sharing your experience as a nurse, a great resource on diabetes and low carb eating. When I think how long it has taken me to learn all I have and collect the right web sites, and resources and recipes---!!!! You could make that process so much shorter and easier for your clients.

Maybe you should have some cards printed up. Come up w/a fun name for your consult business, get your contact info on there, and pass 'em out wherever you go and give them to colleagues and pals to pass out when someone's interested too. Doesn't cost much, LOTS cheaper than a web site. You keep a bunch of 'em on you and just pass 'em along as you go, and slowly build your business. Then recommendations from clients begin to help it all along.

Trigger---Went to a movie today and sat behind a young gal with blue hair and smiled big thinking of the kiddo. So interesting she doesn't give a rip about her clothes, but is definitely interested in hair, and make up. I agree w/Jaz, it's kind of the thing at her age to look as uncontrived as possible and be comfortable. LOL, the gal at the movie had on stripped knee socks, a plaid pleated skirt and an old man sweater with patches on the elbows. Still, she put some effort into that combo, y'know? It had that perfect "I don't care" look, except for the hair. :)

Nic---I enjoyed hearing about your fancy night out and smiled thinking of you having to actually consider make up and fashion. :lol: It's a two sided coin, as most things are. Not caring about that stuff is such a freedom, but for those of us who enjoy it, it's so much fun.

I love to go out to eat and dress up a bit. Not every day in every way, but lots of times. But these days the budget has been trimmed with a buzz saw, and I am enjoying not caring as much because we don't go anywhere I have to as often as before, and I'm enjoying the freedom of that. Gads, I've worn the same thing for the last 3 days. :lol:

Also, just have to say, IMO, it sucks when people do the "Let's just split it thing." It's fine when it's all equal but for a small amount. But drinks are so expensive these days, as are all the little add ons that don't get counted, like coffee and soda, and appetizers, and other extras. Most of my pals and I just ask for separate checks right from the get go. And that goes for our couple pals too. But that's harder to do in a family situation I guess.

K-mom---Give your SD a hug for me, and hope you were able to grab some naps over the weekend!

Ready to go back at the water starting tomorrow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we went to see Wonder Woman at the $2 theater today. Hubby was all gun ho and I was his willing date. It was fine. Liked the first half of it well enough, and then it just got too long and too many repetitive action scenes for me. By the end I was laughing for the wrong reasons, but then this kind of thing is just not my cup of tea. But, looked over at hubby and he was entranced, so it was worth it to see him so into it.

What wasn't so fine is I overdid on the popcorn, so guess this is my 1 out of 6/1 plan, even though I didn't plan it as so, but it actually was right on time from my treat day a week ago. I usually do much better, but to be honest I got kinda bored half way thru and used the popcorn to keep me company. Other than that, NO other carbs today and will have a couple of brats for dinner, because that's what hubby is grilling and I'm in a lazy mood. Can anyone yell SALT! I shall look like a blow fish by sunrise tomorrow morning.

We are watching a REALLY good new series, incredibly addictive. It's called "The Fall" on Netflix. It is about a serial killer, so won't be for everyone. But oh man, this is as good of a twist on a serial killer as Dexter was. Stars that gal from X files, as the lead detective on the case, and the slow building duel of wits between her and the killer is really compelling.

Ok, going to copy and paste and then press submit fast, before another one disappears.