Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dinner, dinner, dinner! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=360471)

Cacey Thu, Jan-10-08 00:26

Dinner, dinner, dinner!

I am really enjoying the "What's for breakfast" thread and getting loads of ideas. At the moment I'm battling a bit with dinner ideas, so I thought it would be nice to hear what all you guys are having for dinner...

Last night a had a nice steak with a dollop of sour cream.

Nancy LC Thu, Jan-10-08 00:32

Tonight I was short on the sort of dinner food I usually have so I had some Pate, olives and a bit of goat cheese. Quite nice really!

Misa Thu, Jan-10-08 05:50

Yesterday was "no dough" pizza from the restaurant a block down the road. They let you pick out the toppings, then cook it in a disposable metal pan. It's exactly like a pizza - with sauce and such - but without the crust.

Cacey Thu, Jan-10-08 06:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa
Yesterday was "no dough" pizza from the restaurant a block down the road. They let you pick out the toppings, then cook it in a disposable metal pan. It's exactly like a pizza - with sauce and such - but without the crust.

How absolutely wonderful!!!!!

*droool*

Goat Lady Thu, Jan-10-08 06:57

Last night we had ham in the crock pot and crm peas (not for me) and a salad. Tonight it'll be fried chicken breast breaded in pork rinds and spices. Sides will be salad and deviled eggs.

cnmLisa Thu, Jan-10-08 10:08

Last night:

Pan fried talipia with wasabi guacamole, steamed broc with butter and a sprinkling of Penzy's sandwich sprinkle. Dinner in less than 15 minutes.

alsmez Thu, Jan-10-08 10:37

Last night - chicken salad made with mayonnaise and olive tapenade, wrapped in romaine lettuce, plus a wedge of Fournols (a pungent brie-style cheese). Night before that was oven-roasted spiced chicken thighs and drumsticks - made a spice rub of chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion powder, cinnamon, allspice, clove, nutmeg, salt and splenda and rubbed it all over the chicken with some olive oil, then blasted them in a 450 oven for 25 mins so the skins would crisp up. DELICIOUS. BF ate 8 (small) legs!

daisyboo Thu, Jan-10-08 10:43

tonight is 3 eggs devilled with mayo/ham and an atkins milkshake

ElleH Thu, Jan-10-08 11:59

I didn't eat dinner last night, but tonight I'm planning to have grilled chicken thighs served with pesto sauce.

daisyboo Thu, Jan-10-08 12:01

I changed my mind and instead of ham put some smoked salmon in my eggs :yum:

27Peach Thu, Jan-10-08 12:11

Tonight it's going to be Asian lettuce wraps: ground pork, coconut and peanuts coated with a sauce made of fresh ginger, lime juice, garlic, fish sauce, jalapenos and soy sauce - all wrapped in crisp lettuce leaves.

Carmen51 Thu, Jan-10-08 12:16

Last night was grilled salmon and broccoli-cheese soup. Tonight will be rotisserie chicken, steamed asaragus, and mock twice-baked potatoes

Synne Thu, Jan-10-08 13:58

Well I am on the first part of phase one SBD and tonight I am having shrimp stir fry. Shrimp, with brocoli, cauliflower and mushrooms. I forgot to buy asparagus, dangit. Add some low sodium soya sauce and fresh garlic, yum!

I'm planning on eating very basic stuff such as stir fries, herbed salmon and veggies, and my very fave is chicken breasts stuffed with cottage cheese and spinach. TO DIE FOR!

dan's mom Thu, Jan-10-08 14:23

baked salmon steak with a crisp salad. MMM

rdy2rde Thu, Jan-10-08 14:32

I seem to be stuck on a huge salad, (had this for the last 4 nights) with baked chicken shredded in it, green olives, bacon bits, a little boiled egg, and a few cucumber slices. Kraft Cesear Dressing, <1 carb per 2 tbls......YUMMY

Lisa