Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Back again Got to lose (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=476210)

nsnd Sat, Jan-21-17 21:22

Back again Got to lose

My doctor says I got a fatty liver I have got to succeed this time. I started back on 1/9/2017. I get to feeling down as I am a picky eater and will NOT eat most vegetables so my diet is very limited and I sometimes get a want to munch something and not even sure what. I started years ago stopped then started exercising lost weight then got kidney stones and couldn't walk. So here I am again trying to get the weight off I had started first time at 325 now starting at 360 down to 347. Going on a cruise next week and I plan to NOT cheat... eat plenty of steak, bacon, eggs, ham, Turkey, chicken, fish etc.

Meme#1 Sat, Jan-21-17 23:34

I've been on cruises before and I would bring an ice chest with tons of supplies and even a bag with pork rinds and whatever else you can think of that will keep you low carb when they're pushing the 24 hour pizza stand. Lunchtime for me was the worst because I couldn't find any protein or vegetables and I like both together.
Protein bars like adkins aren't the best but if it keeps me off of straight carbs and sugar, it's a great emergency fix. I'd rather eat 7-8g carbs instead of 30-40g. Slim Jims or any other meat sticks or Jerky with no added sugar. Nuts add up but if you can portion them to a certain amount, that helps as a filler when only garbage junk snacks are available like pretzels or chips.
Where are you going on your cruise, maybe you'll find some good low carb food off of the ship?
ps, If I were you I would bring a case of water because otherwise the ship charges $$ for each bottle and you won't drink enough.

Liz53 Sun, Jan-22-17 13:42

I went on a cruise in Sept (princess) and found it very easy to stay Low Carb. Bacon and omelet for breakfast, salad bar with choice of deli meats and/or fish at lunch and meat + veggies at dinner. We quickly learned we could order extra veggies at dinner, gratis. For exercise we walked around the deck multiple times taking in the sights.

This would be a good opportunity to try new veggies - start with one bite - to see if you can expand your food choices.

Our cruise line would not allow us to bring water or more than 1 bottle of alcohol on board, but I was able to buy a coffe/drink card which discounted the water significantly.

nsnd Sun, Jan-22-17 22:20

I got the drink package. I don't drink alcohol but I do drink water. I figured I could eat eggs bacon burger no bun steak... erc... will have to overcome my brain to make me eat a vegetable. Been a lifelong problem. I am 52 so not sure I can change that.

thud123 Sun, Jan-22-17 22:36

Being "not sure" is better than saying "I can't" you are moving in the right direction :) Also, in my opinion, the brain is not something to over come, it is something to learn to get to be good friends with, find out how it works and work with it.

In this way there is no struggle, only training, cooperation and companionship. :)

You will do well.

Meme#1 Sun, Jan-22-17 23:24

For me breakfast was good and dinner but it was lunch that I had the hardest with. Carbs in everything. If you can find a beef patty, that would work. 2-3 burgers and then throw the bread. I was on Carnival a couple of times and dinners were the best as far as food quality and a sit down dinner but it's getting the quantity of low carb that's the problem because there are always potatoes, rice etc with the protein. Lunch and breakfasts are buffet and after you pass up tons of carb pasteries, bagles, etc, you should be able to fine some eggs and bacon. If I go again, I'll bring a few zip lock bags and stock up at breakfast to eat at lunchtime :lol:

Oh and cream for coffee, I never travel without my own.

nsnd Mon, Jan-23-17 08:12

Lucky I don't like coffee. I have always been a picky eater so I am used to looking Strang when I eat. I hope I can tell them what I want.... I am very picky and now the diet it will be funny.