Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   It actually worked. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153700)

MaryToU Fri, Dec-12-03 10:31

It actually worked.

I was thinking this morning as I put on my size "8", yes that is right size "8" pants, that wow it actually worked. I know I have been losing weight low-carbing. But it is finally sinking in. I am thin now. I have reversed back in time to 12 years ago. And as I think back, you know it really wasn't that hard. Oh, I did have my stalls. I don't think I moved much over the whole summer. But I just accepted that and kept on going. Hey a 12 is better than an 18. So what if my body want to take a break for a while. Now I have those times when l look down at my legs, and I don't recognize them at first. Then I am like, wow those are my thighs!

It may have taken 10 months, which when first starting out seemed like a very long time, but I got there. Now it seems like a very short time. Now I want to preach out to the world. I know how to do it! I know how to lose the weight! To heck with Dr. Phil, ask me!!! But instead I just smile and eat another piece of cheese. :yay: :yay: :yay:

cwbydeb Fri, Dec-12-03 12:41

Mary

Thank you, I needed to hear that right about now... My strength was lagging some and I needed and extra pick me up, u did it!!

Size 8, WOW!!!!!!! Congrats!!!:Party:

katwoman Fri, Dec-12-03 13:10

Wonderful news

Kristine Sat, Dec-13-03 06:54

Mary, congratulations! :Party: Pat yourself on the back! :cool: You must feel fantastic. :)

golflady59 Sat, Dec-13-03 07:59

Congrats Mary,
I definitaly needed to hear that this morning. I gained 1 1/2 this week and I really didn't think I did that bad, but did have quite a bit of ham this week, maybe water retention. Not that TOM. Anyway thanks for getting me back on track.

Kathy54 Sat, Dec-13-03 11:22

Quote:
Oh, I did have my stalls.

Good for you for sticking to it through the stalls :thup: It's hard to do, but, thats exactly how you achieve what you have done :)

Great Job!! :agree:

Kathy

McBear Sat, Dec-13-03 11:37

Mary - that is wonderful! I bet size 8 is delicious *and* you're healthier and happier. 10 months seems rapid to me - I am truly impressed and inspired. That is such an accomplishhment. Glad to hear it! -McBear

MaryToU Wed, Dec-17-03 06:25

:yay: :yay: Important update....... Was at J C Penny's yesterday and tried on a pair of size 6 relax Lee jeans, (I always wear relax jeans, give those hips a little extra room ;) ) and they fit!!!! :yay: :yay:

Now that is what I call a very important update!

sproch3384 Wed, Dec-17-03 07:38

Mary, Thanks for sharing your success with us! It truly is an inspiration for those of us who still have a way to go. Weigh to go on the size 6! Awesome! Can't wait to get there myself. I've already gone from a 16 to 12 but still have a ways to go.

Thanks for the uplift this morning!

Praiser Wed, Dec-17-03 12:37

Good for you!
Congratulations!!!!!!

rachelratz Sun, Dec-28-03 22:27

This is wonderful news!!!! I always get happy when I read posts like this. I've been 114 lbs for over trhee years now and love being in a size 4. It took me 6 to 7 months, but I did it and best of all it stayed off. Wonderfull when you burn fat instead of carbs. Hang in there and it will happen to you. I paln to keep my size 4 for years to come.

writermom Thu, Dec-16-04 09:59

I am using these posts as inspiration on my new journey.

I can't even imagine what it must feel like to wear a size 6??

I think I would want to wear the size tag on the outside ALL the time - just never take it off "oh have I mentioned I'm a size 6 ..." or "so, as I was saying I'm a size 6" ... and I would command all my friends to refer to me as "my size six friend" :agree:

You have every right to be SO PROUD. You deserve it!!!

Now, I hope it rubs off ...

NewGal04 Thu, Dec-23-04 21:27

writermom- just wanted to tell you that you made my day! You're very funny- I had to read your post to my husband and had him laughing (not an easy feat!). So thank you, and congratulations MaryTuU! I am so happy to hear your accomplishments! You must be so proud!! :) :)

Maureen721 Wed, Dec-29-04 05:51

You are my inspiration! Thanks for the success story.

vegaslassi Fri, Apr-20-07 13:09

I enjoyed reading your story and it is inspiring for me. Thank you for sharing your story.