Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Food Combining (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   [SS] Hi guys! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=49659)

somersizer Sat, Jul-06-02 01:57

Hi guys!

20/f here starting Somersizing on Monday! I would love some support and also to give some via email. If you would be interested please reply, age and sex do not matter! Can't wait to start and get to know you guys. I have 50 lbs to lose.

Puddles Wed, Jul-10-02 12:59

I started on Atkins, but I just didn't like it...I bought Suzanne Somers newest book & read it & I like it much better! And you get to eat some carbs (whole grain). After losing 8 lbs on Atkins, I kind of stalled. Now that I've been doing Somersizing, I've lost another 3. It's coming off slowly, but I enjoy the Somersizing MUCH more!

ydegruchy Thu, Jul-11-02 17:40

You said it!

Sommersizer...You are so right! You have to enjoy the program or you just won't stick with it. I love sommersizing! I feel really good...no bloating, so sick feeling at the end of the day, and fewer headaches. This is a program I can stick with, and I know I will have to for the rest of my life. I can never go back to eating refined carbs like I used to. And I don't miss them! That is amazing for a recovering sugar addict!
Puddles...I lost the first 13 pretty easily, and the last 4-5 has been slower...but that's ok..it is still coming off...and that's the main thing.
Take care...Yolande :wave:

somersizer Fri, Jul-12-02 23:22

Oh I miss my old foods lol I had 3 little sips of coke tonight, couldn't resist! But I know better and have to stick to this and will learn to rather these foods. What helps is that I can have as much meat as I want. I LOVE MEAT with a passion! Other diets say oh 3 oz or 6 oz I couldn't do that. I lost 1/2 inch this week in the waist I will weigh in in the morning. It said down 5 tonight but I'm used to weighing in morning so it should be about 7 or 8 in morning. I'm so happy!

somersizer Fri, Jul-12-02 23:38

Oh I miss my old foods lol I had 3 little sips of coke tonight, couldn't resist! But I know better and have to stick to this and will learn to rather these foods. What helps is that I can have as much meat as I want. I LOVE MEAT with a passion! Other diets say oh 3 oz or 6 oz I couldn't do that. I lost 1/2 inch this week in the waist I will weigh in in the morning. It said down 5 tonight but I'm used to weighing in morning so it should be about 7 or 8 in morning. I'm so happy!

somersizer Sat, Jul-13-02 15:19

ah well it was at 5 this morning, I'm still happy though!

bikerchick Tue, Sep-24-02 09:42

I did Somersizing about a year and a half ago, I lost about 17 lb. over the winter, but more importantly I felt great. I kept it off over the summer while bicycling, then had 2 surgeries in 5 months and gained it all back. No exercise for 8 months!
I tried Atkins a couple of weeks ago and really had a hard time having enough energy to cycle.
I started back on Somersizing yesterday. I really like the ability to have carbs and fruit. I am going to try and stay veery active over the winter, so I need some carbs. Cycling is really important to me, and I need to be able to do that
But I love to have a beer at night, so I have to figure that out.

Puddles Tue, Sep-24-02 09:45

Yes...beer is my weakness. I love to drink one while I'm cooking.

doglover Tue, Sep-24-02 14:47

It's good to see some Somersizer's posting! I have been real lazy about somersizing lately...also, I have been trying to do decide between Atkins and this program. I did Atkins for 2 weeks and lost 8 lbs, but have since gained it back. I do like this program the best but I know the weight loss can be slower than Atkins.
I like having fruit, whole grains and not having to count carbs, etc. I need to watch my legal desserts though, too much is not good for me. I also need to lose about 60 lbs....I am going to make me a legal dinner tonite and get back on sommersizing!
Everyone have a good day!

Macbeth Tue, Sep-24-02 15:44

Well, I've joined the gang in Somersizin. I hope this one works. I need to lose 50! Would love to fit in my ski clothes before Dec! I need support....I have very little will-power and my husband is a stick ...which doesn't help. I feel like Jack Sprat and his wife! Yuck :thdown: If you have any pointers...please send them my way and congrats to all of you who have lost weight. Keep going! Macbeth

bikerchick Tue, Sep-24-02 17:40

Since there doesn't seem to be a ton of folks on this particular forum, maybe we can help each other out.
I try and do carbs in the AM mainly because I get really tired of eggs! toast and cottage cheese really tastes ok. I am turning 50 at the end of October, and my motto was 50 by 50, but that won't happen in time. I am an avid bicycler and don't understand why I don't weigh about 110! :confused: We ride hundreds of miles each month, but then of course there's the eating.......and you really are hungry all of the time.
Anyway I have a friend, who lives by Somersizing, and I think she does weigh 110, she goes off it occassionally, but then gets right back on it. I watch her down Cobb salads with double Blu cheese dressing. And she remains a stick! So there is hope yet. I'm trying to get my 17 year old son to eat with me, because my husband is a stick also.
So off we go, good luck to all of us.
Biker....... :wave:

Macbeth Wed, Sep-25-02 07:46

Thanks Biker Chick!
It was so nice to hear from you. I had to make kolaches for my daughter's 4th grade class last night and normally, I would have eaten a couple myself. While they were baking, I read your reply and I think just knowing someone else is in the same boat, helped me to resist. I just ate the sausage and smelled the bread :yum: My stick husband and stick children ate what I didnt send to school, so they are out of site and pretty much out of mind. Breakfast and lunch are easy for me. After 5 is when my willpower is tested! Don't be dissapointed about not meeting your goal! Be proud of the weight you have lost. The rest will come off. They say...the slower it comes off.....the longer it stays off. I dont know if it's true...but I like to think so! Well, I'm off to work...Thanks Again,

Macbeth

MamaSara6 Fri, Oct-04-02 06:51

I'm back too!

I've been toying with Atkins for a while since I can't seem to lose weight while breastfeeding, but I really like ssing. It's a really great way of eating--you can have those fat-free carbs when you want some! :yay:

If you're looking for more somersizers you can go to Suzanne's website where there is a great community. Go to www.suzannesomers.com . There are lots of great people and recipes although the boards have just been renovated and they deleted all the old recipes and posts. People are working furiously to re-post all the recipes!

hairmaster Tue, Oct-08-02 16:12

ssizing rocks

To all of you who are struggling and all those that aren't, hang in
there! I've been hovering between 202 and 197 it's making me crazy!(I'll never give up) I tried Atkins but found it to be to restricting(I lost 30lbs, but gained it back again).On SSizing I'm
losing so slow but in my opinion slow and steady wins my race.
:q: How many of you are from canada :q: