Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Pizza "Frittata" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=311113)

ElleH Thu, Sep-28-06 17:31

Pizza "Frittata"

I know there's a recipe for deep-dish pizza quiche, but I wanted to share my version of pizza. It sounds a little strange, but I swear to you that you get all the flavor and satisfaction of pizza with none of the guilt or bloating. It's very fast to throw together for lunch, too.

Pizza "Frittata" -- 1 serving, approx 10g carbs

1 egg, beaten
1 tsp parmesan cheese
dash Italian herbs
1/4 C pizza sauce
1 oz pepperoni
2 T slivers of onion, sauteed
2 oz mozzarella
1 T parmesan

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a small skillet. Pour the egg in, add 1 tsp parm and Ital herbs. Cover and cook on low until set. Spread on pizza sauce, top with cheese and then add toppings (your choice of toppings). Place in 400 degree oven for a few minutes until cheese melts. Slide onto a plate and enjoy. Make bigger recipes by using a bigger skillet, and increasing the eggs, 1 per serving.

Sparky2 Thu, Sep-28-06 18:37

I saw pizza and thought yum!

Your recipe sounds very good!

missymagoo Sun, Oct-01-06 18:32

oh how yummy!!!!! sue

ElleH Tue, Oct-10-06 15:03

I simply cannot tell you how this very simple, very fast (made it in 10 minutes the other day) recipe satisfies a craving for pizza. It is so creamy, so gooey, soooo gooood!

ElleH Mon, Jan-21-08 17:03

Here is a picture of this:

kiki67 Tue, Jan-22-08 08:33

That looks amazing, I am going to have to try it

rdy2rde Tue, Jan-22-08 10:08

That picture makes me want pizza for lunch!! I did something almost identical to this the other night, but used only a couple of forkfuls of pizza sauce, so I hope mine wasn't quite as carby. It was delicious....wait, I put bell peppers in mine so my carb count was probably about the same..oh well.

Lisa

Needlehole Tue, Jan-22-08 10:14

That looks like a real pizza!!!
Guess whats on the menu for dinner tonight?!?

ChrisCanDo Tue, Jan-22-08 13:10

:yum: Yum

I don't like eggs but have been trying to convince myself that I do. This sounds like a great recipe for disguising the egg taste.

What a great way to have pizza without having pizza.

Thanks!

ElleH Tue, Jan-22-08 14:58

You cannot taste the egg at all! The layer of egg is so incredibly thin...it's nothing more than something to keep the toppings together. The key is to use about an 8 inch skillet so the egg later will be very thin. You obviously cannot eat this with your hands, but it is so yummy and satisfying. You can use the amount of sauce you like. I like my pizzas "saucy" so I will spend my carbs on the sauce when I make it and mostly use meat toppings.

Lie2MeJL Tue, Jan-22-08 16:13

Do you just throw the entire pan in the oven??

ChrisCanDo Wed, Jan-23-08 07:44

Thanks Elle,
I have the ingredients on my shopping list!

ElleH Wed, Jan-23-08 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie2MeJL
Do you just throw the entire pan in the oven??

Depends. If the oven is already on, I will. If not, I cover the pan and let everything melt over low heat.

djhspawn Wed, Jan-23-08 15:16

[EDIT] i figured out my own question. :p

lcbkk Sat, Jan-26-08 00:16

I have a paella pan that is very lonely as of late and I think it is going to get used very very very soon!