Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   I'm an "After" Story!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=446476)

Chris_D Sun, Sep-16-12 17:23

I'm an "After" Story!!

I'm an "After" Story!! :hyper:

After many years and several attempts of being a "Before", I am now proud to call myself an "After"!

On March 15, 2012 I reached my goal of 150 lbs. Six months later I'm not only ready to claim it but I'm pleased to announce I've lost another 14lbs! :clap:

I know six months is far from a lifetime of maintenance but in the past when I reached a goal weight, I stayed at it for all of a few weeks, maybe a month; quickly reverting to old habits and a silly sense of indestructible I've-got-this-attitude! :o

Reaching this goal has not been about a number on the scale; it’s been about exploring and learning about myself and my relationship with food. It’s been a journey to a healthier, stronger and more confident person. It’s been about taking care of myself and giving myself the time to get here (almost two years to get to goal).

Here are a few things I want to document so that during challenging times (I'm a constant work in progress and am no fool, I KNOW I will be faced with challenges and temptations), I can come back here and read my own two-cents-worth of "words of wisdom"..............

To develop healthier coping strategies, it's important to learn more about the connections between your brain and your food choices.

• Pay attention to your body's hunger cues. Is it hunger or thirst? What's "eating" you?

• Be mindful when eating; eat with consciousness. Don't eat in front of the television, in the car or standing up. Pay attention to your meal. Sit down in a comfortable place and enjoy it.

• Drink plenty of water.

• Give yourself encouragement. Think positively. Celebrate your success!

• Don't beat yourself up when you slip. Fight hard to regain control!

• Try not to ignore your problems and negative feelings. Facing them may be hard, but it's healthy.

• Use your support system; call a friend to talk through any problems you may be having. Remember that seeking help is a sign of strength not weakness. This site and the wonderful life long friends I have made have been and continue to be invaluable!

• Write it all down! Keep not just a food log, but a journal describing emotions that trigger overindulgence. Resolving emotional eating is a journey. The first step is awareness and the second is being ready to change. Changing negative, self-defeating thoughts into more positive constructive thoughts is key.

• Get out of the house, exercise, read a book, take a bath -- be good to yourself! Remember you are worth every effort!

Thank you for being a part of my journey. And believe me, it ain't over! I continue to be a work in progress.......an "After" story!! ;)

Keep Swimming!

Before......

After......

Gypsybyrd Sun, Sep-16-12 18:42

Congratulations! And you look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emzi06 Sun, Sep-16-12 20:00

Wow! Congratulations! You look wonderful! :)

RuthannP Sun, Sep-16-12 20:20

Beautiful!

Whofan Sun, Sep-16-12 21:52

Slim, pretty, and youthful. You look wonderful and have every reason to be proud. Well done!!!

becky7474 Mon, Sep-17-12 06:30

:cheer: :cheer: :clap: :cheer: :cheer:

ojoj Mon, Sep-17-12 06:41

Brilliant!! Hang on to the feeling and be proud!!

Jo xxx

Vaguness Mon, Sep-17-12 10:17

:cheer: Wow! :cheer:

That's a brilliant success, you look fantastic and sound so happy. And I’m getting a lot of inspiration here – thanks!

Blackstone Mon, Sep-17-12 14:53

You are a huge asset to this forum. I love your honesty. You are wonderful!! :)

Kirsteen Mon, Sep-17-12 17:54

Great advice, thanks Chris.

Aradasky Mon, Sep-17-12 18:35

WOW!!! Great job! Hard fought but well done! :hyper: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

bike2work Sun, Sep-23-12 14:46

Congratulations! Job well done.

JEY100 Mon, Sep-24-12 15:51

Brilliant advice. Congratulations on exceeding your goal!

GiGi0715 Sat, Sep-29-12 17:19

Congratulations (Any Exercise Pointers)

Hello,

In my younger days I was 117-125, I'm now 208 so I know both sides of the fence and would like to go back to the other side. My goal is to get rid of 70 pounds. Over the last 2 months I lost 7.5 pounds. I love Aerobics and Pilates, however I see a lot of people have success walking. Can you share some of the exercises you did to achieve your goal, and approximately how many pounds you loss per month.

Thanks much :) and congratulations again.

slmrickman Sun, Sep-30-12 03:25

You are proof this works....you should be so proud