Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   restaurants in the states with low carb menus (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=280908)

2donnalee Thu, Jan-12-06 18:50

restaurants in the states with low carb menus

we are from Canada and just tried the restaurant called souper salads and it was great good value for the money 5.79 and the salad was good. Just wondered if you have any suggestions I really love the buffet type thing so I have lots of choices. Thanks for any help you may have. I have seen Luby's advertized anyone tried there food?

kevinpa Thu, Jan-12-06 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2donnalee
we are from Canada and just tried the restaurant called souper salads and it was great good value for the money 5.79 and the salad was good. Just wondered if you have any suggestions I really love the buffet type thing so I have lots of choices. Thanks for any help you may have. I have seen Luby's advertized anyone tried there food?

Calories and Carbs in Luby's

Josiemk Fri, Jan-13-06 07:02

Yeah, I love Souper Salad. And Luby's they have Chicken Fried steak w/o the breading & they put bacon & cheese. It's low carb & really good. If you have a Ryan's Steak House check the out I think the buffet is $8 -$10. But they have roast beef , ham & lot's of low carb options.

2donnalee Fri, Jan-13-06 07:58

Thank you I have heard of Ryan's steak house I will have to try that. Thanks again

Stardust Fri, Jan-13-06 08:09

How about Hometown Buffet? Maybe that's on the wrong side of the States for you? You could make bad and good choices there. It's all up to you!

2donnalee Sat, Jan-14-06 15:40

I just found one called Golden Coral what a great place. It cost 6.50 for all you can eat buffet. They had grilled hamburgers pork chops roast beef chicken salads and vegetables all fresh made there was a lot of great choices for my husband to everything you can think of must of been 25 different desserts I did not have any of that. Or the fresh baked bread. So anyone out there looking for a place to go and still eat legal that is the place it is a chain store so I am sure there is one in almost every city. we are in Brownsville right now as we travel on to Arizona and Nevada I will whatch for this eatery.

kywoman2 Sun, Jan-15-06 06:37

Golden Corral is wonderful. You have so many LC choices that your plate will look like the Non Dieters around you.
I find too that you can always ask the resturant to hold sauces or breading, and that is not a problem. Hot dogs with chili are a big thing around here, so we drive through and ask for the coneys with cheese, and chili without the bun...I must not be the only one requesting that because they dont bat an eye to fix it that way.