Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lisa wants a nice body (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=82236)

lkonzelman Fri, Jan-24-03 12:39

Lisa wants a nice body

Figured if I have a gym log I will be more prone to sticking to my plan here.

I'm usually much better when I know you guys are watching me.... ;)

This was day 5 of my new weekday regime.

First thing on an empty stomach (6am weekdays) I do 20 minutes on my Nordic Track elliptical skiier.

I understand others may go faster but this is a push for me.

First through 3rd minute ranging in the 3.3 mph range
Minute 4 - up to 3.8 mph
Minute 5 - up to 4.2 mph
Minute 6 - up to 4.5 mph
Minute 7 - up to 5.2 mph
Minute 8-13 settling in the 3.5 range
Minute 14 - up to 4 mph
Minute 15 - up to 4.5 mph
Minute 16 - up to 5 mph
Minute 17 - up to 5.3 mph
Minute 18-20 settling in the 3.7 range

Great sweat and I believe a workable plan for my life at this point.

Weekends walk doggies first thing in the morning. About a mile but slow to walk two dogs (well my dogs) but must pull and train them constantly so a little active at least.... :)

lkonzelman Sat, Jan-25-03 07:33

FYI - walked the doggies although I don't think that counts.

But I wanted to mention regarding the skiier that I keep the tension pretty high.

Today my measurements in inches:

Waist: 34 1/4
Hips: 40 1/4
Bust: 42
Thighs: 23 1/2
Arms: 12

diget77 Sat, Jan-25-03 10:33

Hi there... :wave:
Clicked on your log on accident, but glad I did. Walking the dogs does count. I walk my kids in a stroller. Walking is walking even if it is slow, you are not just sitting...you are moving and using energy!

Hey, we have a similar mini goal...I want to fit into my old 8's by Valentine's Day. I just wanted to say "Keep Up the Good Work!" Set your own pace. I have a friend on here that goes to the gym every day and works to the bone...I on the other hand will Try to get in some crunches. I don't sweat it if I don't because I atleast now that I have made a big eating change and that that is a huge accomplishment in it's self (since I was a serious carb cruncher)... Hope to hear more from you soon.

Dani

lkonzelman Mon, Jan-27-03 07:28

Walked the doggies on Sunday morning.

Worked out this morning... :D same interval 20 minutes on the skier on an empty stomach. Had a keto shake though about 20 minutes later.

FYI- started taking my fiber pills at night to try to get a better body/ weighing time down. I'm back down to 161 (at least on Sunday) but jeez.... I know I should be down but this is all the workout, bathroom scheduling.

I'm sure it will all work itself out soon.

diget77 Mon, Jan-27-03 10:20

Sounds like your doing great! I don't know if I could stay on any equipment for 20 min or more...I am not that diciplined...can't even seem to keep up the crunches on a reg. basis.

Keep up the good work :clap:

lkonzelman Mon, Jan-27-03 14:43

Wow it is so cool to have encouragement in my gym log! Super Thank you!

diget77 Mon, Jan-27-03 15:10

It is great to have support and encouragment. I have this gal who is stationed in Japan and we have been "helping eachother" along each step of the way. It makes it a lot easier when you have someone going through the same things with you and someone who can give you the words of encouragement needed. Thanks so much for your words...I really do enjoy reading what others have to say about my life and theirs.

Oh, catspaw and I are going to post before and after photos on Valentine's Day...are you game. We know we won't be to our goal weight, but thought it would be a great mini goal and sort of mile marker. If not no prob...just thought I would invite you and leave it up to you.

Even if not at our ideal weight, we all have made great progress thus far and are still headed down the right path :D

lkonzelman Mon, Jan-27-03 15:20

That is cool with me although I can't find any of my 260lb photos since I moved (not that many were allowed to remain either - so i'm hopeful they turn up).

I will post the before LC and up to date though.

diget77 Mon, Jan-27-03 18:02

Sounds great. I don't have many pics either because I didn't like to have them taken, although I have found a few....I think I will have fun taking new pics of the now...

Talk to ya soon,
Dani

lkonzelman Mon, Jan-27-03 18:23

Well you better Dani because you are even smaller then my dream weight. So you better be happy girl!! :D

lkonzelman Tue, Jan-28-03 08:07

Last night 35 crunches thinking of Dani :D .

This was a crazy morning and only got to do 17 minutes *but did both rotations of increasing speed before I got off. Good sweat but I do want to do my minumums whenever I can.

diget77 Tue, Jan-28-03 09:18

Height matters though. I am only 5'1 with very big hips. My sister who is 5'3 at 130-135 is in a size 4-5 don't ask me how....I at 127 am still only in a size 9-10 and can get the 8 on snuggly.
It works so bad for me that I looked really heavy. at 162 I was almost in a 16...my 14s were snug.

I'll tell you, you should be very happy yourself to have the extra inches....they do make a big difference. So just remember I may be smaller in weight, but we are pretty close to the same size hehehehe

Now I need to do my crunches...I can't let someone do them thinking of me and me just slacking off.. :)

digwig Tue, Jan-28-03 17:50

Hey Lisa, my small child is demanding a popsicle, but I just wanted to give you a :thup: in your gym log!

I can't wait to see those before and after shots!

Dig

lkonzelman Wed, Jan-29-03 08:22

Wow the impressive and hard working Dig comes to visit my gym log.... :blush:

Today was really REALLY hard.

Hard waking up.
Hard working out.
I did my regular 20 minutes but the second interval I couldn't seem to keep standard timing. Like I increased from 3.7mph to 4.2 but then I couldn't get it higher the next few minutes. Just chugged and chugged as hard as I could but remained only slightly higher for those three minutes.

Anyway clothes feel good today and I know i'm doing ok but.... hard work.

Yeah me!!

lkonzelman Fri, Jan-31-03 07:15

Morning workout - 18 minutes today.

DH got back from walking doggies and was lurking in the dark watching me. Freaked me out and I lost my tempo.

Went through the whole interval thing though so good workout!