Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb War Zone (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137)
-   -   Oh, look! Dr. Oz has invented IF! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=478576)

kathleen24 Tue, Nov-07-17 16:05

Oh, look! Dr. Oz has invented IF!

Was in the checkout line in the grocery store last night, and saw the usual sets of promises on the magazine cover. I picked the ten-pounds-in-five-days one because why not? That sounds healthful, right?

And to my amazement (or not) there's the smiling face of Dr. Oz (coughmediawhorecough). He has found a way for people to lose weight and still eat ANYTHING THEY WANT! as long as they eat within an 8-hour window. And he has research to back him.

Okay, what is it with this guy, anyway? I don't get a `I just want to help' vibe off this man; I get more of a `I just need to have the cameras rolling and the money coming in' sense from him.

And if he's that eager to get people to notice him, why doesn't he just go ahead and invent low-carb? :rolleyes: I mean, if he's making his fortune off of the backsides of people who are desperate to lose weight, why not do them some good in the process?

bluej Tue, Nov-07-17 18:28

ugghhh! I agree! & that's all I have to say about that man :rolleyes:

barb712 Tue, Nov-07-17 18:45

I started out liking him, and then it fizzled.

robynsnest Tue, Nov-07-17 19:34

Dr.oz...Dr.Phil...blehrk :rolleyes: :Puke:

deirdra Tue, Nov-07-17 20:09

I watched his show to see Wheat Belly's Dr. Davis when he was on. As usual, Oz seemed to be going along with each of the demo meals and just as they were going to commercial after the last dinner plate Oz said just add a nice serving of healthywholegrains and you have a perfect meal - not to counter Davis, but just trying to be helpful balancing the meal with ADA dogma. He had obviously not listened to a word Davis had said. And promos for the next day were for a high-carb diet.

Ambulo Wed, Nov-08-17 02:02

AND, IF you really eat anything you want you are going to need a feeding window shorter than 8 hours. Most people who lose on 16/8 apply some form of restriction - calorie limit, carb limit.

Just Jo Wed, Nov-08-17 05:47

(coughmediawhorecough) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that, Kathleen! :)

FatBGone17 Thu, Nov-09-17 06:03

Dr. O seems to follow any trend that is popular at the moment. If carbing up with spaghetti and Wonder bread became trendy, he'd be all over it. Any research trending in the media and he is "at the forefront" of it. Even Oprah pulled him from the Harpo network.

PaCarolSue Sun, Nov-19-17 10:51

LOL I was doing IF long before it had a name.....and I thought I invented it!!

bkloots Mon, Nov-20-17 17:07

I miss watching television. NOT!

Thanks, Kathleen, for the latest and greatest from Dr. Oz. Didn't know he was still around.