Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   1 year..50 lbs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=449431)

GreenFern Tue, Jan-15-13 22:27

1 year..50 lbs

One year ago I decided to change how I eat, take better care of myself and take control of my eating. I set a goal of 177 by newyears and though it took me till Jan 7 I reached that goal. Maybe for some my loss would be slow but my intention was for it to be a wholistic change. I feel like I'm well on my way on this journey. I would still like to loose an aditional 25-35 lbs and am working hard on that goal. I'm grateful to this site for all of the support and info
Looking forward to posting my success!

Deezil Tue, Jan-15-13 22:55

WTG GreenFern!! :thup:

Slow and easy wins the race...you're making this your way of life and that, IMHO, is the road to success.

This is not a "diet", it's a lifestyle and you are rockin' it!

You look AWESOME, BTW, and you are a wonderful example for your little ones to follow. They will know the truth at an early age and, hopefully, never ever know the struggles we went thru because of the misinformation we were raised with. Hopefully, they will pass what they've learned from watching their momma to their families and be the next generation of "healthy"...and it all started with YOU!

I have no doubt you will get where you want to be on your journey...just imagine where you'd be if you hadn't taken that first step a year ago. ;)

You know the truth now, you've put it in practice and you are living proof of it's validity...keep up the good work, sista'!! :)

joel381 Wed, Jan-16-13 00:06

Great job on your loss and taking care of yourself. Best wishes on continued progress.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

becky7474 Wed, Jan-16-13 08:14

:cheer: :clap: :cheer:

CWatt Wed, Jan-16-13 08:20

I think losing 50 lbs in a year is wonderful! That's how long it took me - and I know I worked hard to lose it. Congratulations!

GreenFern Wed, Jan-16-13 09:01

Thanks everyone :) its special to share with people who really know how big it is to change. People in my town, my family, they see the change but I don't know if they can grasp what a commitment and life changing journey all of this is. Love and support to you all on your journies.

Senzee Wed, Jan-16-13 09:11

WHOOO !! BIG congratulations to you !! Weigh to go !!!

anglgrl Wed, Jan-16-13 10:36

Congrats on the weight loss AND for sticking with it :Party:
So happy for you :yay: :thup: :agree: :roll:

Nancy LC Wed, Jan-16-13 10:46

Excellent! 50 pounds in a year is utterly awesome.

slmrickman Wed, Jan-16-13 12:38

Great job.....you have done wonderful...you should be very proud of yourself

GreenFern Mon, Jan-28-13 01:18

i do feel proud, and a different level of respect and love for myself. im 51 lbs down now, and almost done a whole30. feeling pretty great! :D