Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   South Beach Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Welcome to the SBD Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=234138)

roadman Mon, Jul-14-08 09:39

Good Morning Everyone :wave:

I'm an older "newbie" :lol: :lol:

I've been here before , but not since Jan 2006.

I was doing Atkins at the time, but I have switched over to SB.

I am married with three kids, daughter-15, son-13, son-9.

So far, I've lost 8 pounds in the first week(Phase I). I didn't stray much at all, except had whole wheat noodles at noodles and company.

I can't wait for Phase 2. :)

Have a good week everyone.

PS- I do keep a journal, so if you want to add to my journal, feel free. I promise I won't go into the South Beach Babes Journal. ;)

Judynyc Mon, Jul-14-08 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good Morning Everyone :wave:

I'm an older "newbie" :lol: :lol:

I've been here before , but not since Jan 2006.

I was doing Atkins at the time, but I have switched over to SB.

I am married with three kids, daughter-15, son-13, son-9.

So far, I've lost 8 pounds in the first week(Phase I). I didn't stray much at all, except had whole wheat noodles at noodles and company.

I can't wait for Phase 2. :)

Have a good week everyone.

PS- I do keep a journal, so if you want to add to my journal, feel free. I promise I won't go into the South Beach Babes Journal. ;)

Welcome!! Feel free to join us in the Babes thread!! Its for guys too!! :agree:

roadman Mon, Jul-14-08 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Welcome!! Feel free to join us in the Babes thread!! Its for guys too!! :agree:

Thank you, Judy, I didn't know that.

First day back and I'm already learning. :thup:

Thank you for the welcome.

oldasamule Fri, Jul-18-08 15:38

Good Friday to all: Well today was weigh in day for me and I lost 2.4 pounds I know that alot of people have better luck but I must honestly say that I did cheat some so I was still happy with the results. Have a Great Weekend.

Judynyc Fri, Jul-18-08 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasamule
Good Friday to all: Well today was weigh in day for me and I lost 2.4 pounds I know that alot of people have better luck but I must honestly say that I did cheat some so I was still happy with the results. Have a Great Weekend.

Very nice!! :thup:

This is a link to a thread that was broken out for you and your posts:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...213#post7510213

Please use it instead of posting in this one...OK?

oldasamule Sun, Aug-17-08 15:28

Judy--sorry it's been so long. Had health problems and now is back in the game. Where did you say is the best place to find the information for the SB? I thought you had a free website to use? Please let me know. I get sometimes confused and that is where I am now. Thank you again.

Judynyc Sun, Aug-17-08 15:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Very nice!! :thup:

This is a link to a thread that was broken out for you and your posts:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...213#post7510213

Please use it instead of posting in this one...OK?

Welcome back.....use the link above for posting.

What info are you looking for?
Did you read the SBD book yet?
The food lists and meal plan charts are on the 1st page of my journal, just click on my journal button to go there. :idea:

oldasamule Mon, Aug-18-08 07:13

Thank you so much Judy. Today is a new day and a new beginning. I have gained so much more weight since I chose not to do anything to lose the weight. I need the encouragement and the disciple that comes with posting. Thank you again.

oldasamule Mon, Aug-18-08 16:32

So much has gone on today. Seems like some days things go well and other days things go to the hills. Judy do you still do the SB? If so how much did you lose all together? Do you keep in touch with anyone from this forum because I have noticed it doesn't seem to be much action here. What got you to do the SB? Have you tried any other lifestyle changes? Sorry so many questions. Doesn't seem like anyone else comes here.

Judynyc Mon, Aug-18-08 17:15

Quote:
So much has gone on today. Seems like some days things go well and other days things go to the hills. Judy do you still do the SB? If so how much did you lose all together? Do you keep in touch with anyone from this forum because I have noticed it doesn't seem to be much action here. What got you to do the SB? Have you tried any other lifestyle changes? Sorry so many questions. Doesn't seem like anyone else comes here.

I lost 124 lbs and still eat this way. I love eating this way and will never go back to what I used to eeat.
I gave you a link to a thread that is just for you...didn't you see it?

Join us in the South Beach Check in thread....we are all there. :agree: :thup:

sissytea34 Wed, Aug-20-08 07:49

New to the forum. On SB for a few weeks now. I was 174, down to 160. Can't seem to get under 160. Added exercise. I try not to get on the scale, but do it anyway. I have belly fat. I would love to have eggs today. Sick of egg beaters. Can slimquick be taken on this diet? I like phase 1, afraid to go to phase 2. I want to keep losing. Goal weight is 135.

Judynyc Wed, Aug-20-08 07:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissytea34
New to the forum. On SB for a few weeks now. I was 174, down to 160. Can't seem to get under 160. Added exercise. I try not to get on the scale, but do it anyway. I have belly fat. I would love to have eggs today. Sick of egg beaters. Can slimquick be taken on this diet? I like phase 1, afraid to go to phase 2. I want to keep losing. Goal weight is 135.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...456#post7548456

Hi and Welcome! :wave:

Good job on your first few weeks! :thup: Great progress!! :agree:

I don't know what slimquick is? Is this a diet pill? When we follow the plan, we don't need a diet pill. :agree:

Don't be afraid to add a serving of fruit to your daily food plan...that is all you need to do first week of phase II.

Please click on the link I gave you above and chat to us in the SB check in thread. :idea:

oldasamule Thu, Aug-21-08 09:19

I finally got the thread to work, Judy. Thanks. I am increasing my exercise program little by little. I had surgery on my knee last Monday so I am restricted to certain moves but I am incorporating what I can. Thank you for making me feel at home here. Sissytea34 you did a good job. Judy how do I get my name added on the list. I know that I am late in the game but I weigh in on Fridays is that okay? Should I post more on that forum or on this or use both?

Judynyc Thu, Aug-21-08 09:24

Quote:
I finally got the thread to work, Judy. Thanks. I am increasing my exercise program little by little. I had surgery on my knee last Monday so I am restricted to certain moves but I am incorporating what I can. Thank you for making me feel at home here. Sissytea34 you did a good job. Judy how do I get my name added on the list. I know that I am late in the game but I weigh in on Fridays is that okay? Should I post more on that forum or on this or use both?

Please post to the forum itself.....you are very welcome to add yourself to our weekly weighin...whenever you can!! :agree: :thup:

Do you know how to copy and paste? Hope so! :D
What you need to do is get the last list posted and copy/paste it with your info added in alphabetical order. :idea:

Go it? :cool: