Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to 350 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=31447)

wbahn Thu, Jan-24-02 16:04

Countdown to 350

I feel like I'm upping the ante with THIS thread!

If I can break through 350, that will be an emotional hurdle that should give me tons of encouragement. It would also be a total loss of 30 pounds since New Year's and getting past that point has historically been a show stopper for me.

But I can feel that this time will be different and I think a good part of my optimism is related to finding this group.

wbahn Mon, Jan-28-02 10:49

Half way there!

So far I have lost 14 # of the 27# I need to make 350#.

I know my weight loss will slow considerably soon, but maybe I'll be at this mini-goal by mid-February - even the end of February would be just fine.

allisonm Mon, Jan-28-02 11:07

wbahn Thu, Feb-14-02 10:41

Made a mini-milestone on the way to a mini-goal!

This morning I was 360#. Only ten more to go. There's a fair chance I can make it by the end of February still.

I'm sure I will bounce up a pound or two before continuing down, but the initial broaching is a great confidence booster.

Sinlaila Thu, Feb-14-02 16:14

Awesome job!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

You can do it! :agree:

wbahn Thu, Feb-14-02 16:19

Thanks a lot.

Looks like you are doing great, too. Nearly ten pounds a month!

Keep it up!

wbahn Mon, Mar-11-02 11:39

Almost THERE! Just two more pounds to go to 350!

I expect it might take me a couple of weeks, but I should be through this barrier before the end of the month.

For a while I thought I was just going to flounder at the 357 mark forever.

suzieq Tue, Mar-12-02 20:44

:wave: AWESOME JOB!!! YOU ARE DOING GREAT!

mcavana Thu, Mar-14-02 09:57

good job dude. have you started walking? It has made all the difference for me. I jog, but walking would probably do almost as good. we started about the same time.. Let's do this.... Join my 30 pounds of my f a club!!!

wbahn Thu, Mar-14-02 14:18

Less than ONE pound to GO! Aaaaarrrgggghhh!!!!

When I got on the scale this morning, I though I HAD it. It came in at 350.75 pounds.

One the brighter side, I was expecting to be UP a pound or two for the next week or so. Therefore I am ANYTHING but depressed.

I may sneak it into 350 in the morning (or I may find those couple of pounds I'm expecting). But I will almost certainly be under 350 by the Monday weigh-in because I'm going to the SAREX (Search and Rescue Exercise) and I ALWAYS lose some weight on those. Although this time I'm hoping to spend most of the weekend on an aircrew instead of running the Flight Line.

As for the walking - I'm trying, but have been so busy that it has spilled by the wayside for at least two weeks entirely. Need to get back after that, for sure.

wbahn Fri, Mar-15-02 15:49

I found the couple pounds. :D

I'm now at 352.5.

About what I expected would happen. Hopefully a diligent weekend will get me to or below 350#. On Sundays I generally am very restrictive of my sodium intake in preparation for the Monday weigh in. And yesterday (and so far today) I have had a lot of salt. I'll try to keep it reasonable tomorrow and on the low side on Sunday.

Sure, that's a short term cheat and only adds a small offset to the Monday weighing. But so what? :D You know that. I know that. Just as long as know one tells my scale that. So Shhhhh!

wbahn Sat, Mar-16-02 20:40

Had quite a teaser today.

I got up and went to the bathroom and weighed myself and I was at 352. About what I expected - in fact better than I expected. I took care of a couple of things and then laid back down and read for a while. I was still a bit tired since I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately so I took a nap - hadn't eaten or had anything to drink yet today. I woke up about six hours later (really enjoyed that nap, let me tell ya) and too another piss and, out of curiousity, weighed myself again. 349.75. Sure, it's a cheat and it doesn't count - but it felt damn good none-the-less. Hopefully it also bodes well for me over the day and a half as I head for the Monday weigh-in. I need to be to 350 to make 2 pounds this week and that's the trend I seem to be settling into so things look promising.

Almost there!

wbahn Mon, Mar-18-02 10:34

I MADE IT!!!!

This morning I was 349 pounds!!!! :Party:

I will probably rebound back above 350, but that's expected.

Now it's on to 325!

Victoria Mon, Mar-18-02 12:34

Woo hoo Bill!!!! :roll: You are on a roll!!! Good to see your success. I'm sure that was encouraging for you. Keep it up! :thup: Victoria