Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   South Beach Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   I Always Come Back! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=447012)

BabyPhat Sat, Oct-06-12 18:40

I Always Come Back!

Hello Everyone!!! :wave:

Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I've been low carbing off and on for the last 12 years.. yes 12! I first started off with Atkins and then after my second daughter around 2004 I started South Beach and successfully lost 40 lbs in a few months. Since then I have had weight loss surgery ( which didn't work) gained back all but maybe 30 lbs. I've been dancing around the idea of literally "going for what I know". Low carbing has been SO good to me. Unfortunately I am one of those people who has to literally treat "Carbohydrates" like the plague. NO matter how much I work out, how little I eat..... if I don't watch carbs I get bloated and feel HORRIBLE.

I have decided to come back home. Initially I found this forum in 2004 and it has been an instrumental source in my progress, success and inspiration while low carbing. I look forward to restarting on Monday and will be updating my profile with my current stats.

Lulumae Sun, Oct-07-12 00:52

Hi there. Welcome back. Low carb rocks!

aramaya Sun, Oct-07-12 03:19

Hiya,welcome home.....
Dont forget we are all in the same boat,so to speak,lol...enjoy..

Judynyc Sun, Oct-07-12 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPhat
Hello Everyone!!! :wave:

Just wanted to reintroduce myself. I've been low carbing off and on for the last 12 years.. yes 12! I first started off with Atkins and then after my second daughter around 2004 I started South Beach and successfully lost 40 lbs in a few months. Since then I have had weight loss surgery ( which didn't work) gained back all but maybe 30 lbs. I've been dancing around the idea of literally "going for what I know". Low carbing has been SO good to me. Unfortunately I am one of those people who has to literally treat "Carbohydrates" like the plague. NO matter how much I work out, how little I eat..... if I don't watch carbs I get bloated and feel HORRIBLE.

I have decided to come back home. Initially I found this forum in 2004 and it has been an instrumental source in my progress, success and inspiration while low carbing. I look forward to restarting on Monday and will be updating my profile with my current stats.

Welcome Back...again!! :wave:

I want to share with you the fact that until I got it about the fact that I must control my starchy carbs and anything else that triggers me to overeat(salt, fat, sweet), I was doomed to keep gaining and losing over and over.
I've been maintaining my 120 lbs loss for 7 years now....I know how hard it is but I also know how worth it, it really is.

You can do this...for good!! :cheer:

BabyPhat Sun, Oct-07-12 16:36

I went grocery shopping earlier today so that I can start on tomorrow. I appreciate all of the well wishes and can't wait to "do" this once again.

Judy, I've followed you since I first came to the forum back in 2004 your success/progress is phenomenal! :thup: Breaking down the phases with meal plans is great and gives really good structure on how to plan each day's meal ahead of time. I used that when I went grocery shopping. I am taking this one phase at a time and will only concentrate/focus on phase one for right now.

I will begin logging my meals, etc. in my journal starting tomorrow and will post a BEFORE pic. And I agree with what most have said about catering this WOE to suit personal preference, cooking styles, trigger foods, etc. Will keep you guys posted.... Can't wait to see what the scale looks like next Monday!!! :D

Judynyc Mon, Oct-08-12 08:22

Quote:
I went grocery shopping earlier today so that I can start on tomorrow. I appreciate all of the well wishes and can't wait to "do" this once again.

Judy, I've followed you since I first came to the forum back in 2004 your success/progress is phenomenal! :thup: Breaking down the phases with meal plans is great and gives really good structure on how to plan each day's meal ahead of time. I used that when I went grocery shopping. I am taking this one phase at a time and will only concentrate/focus on phase one for right now.

I will begin logging my meals, etc. in my journal starting tomorrow and will post a BEFORE pic. And I agree with what most have said about catering this WOE to suit personal preference, cooking styles, trigger foods, etc. Will keep you guys posted.... Can't wait to see what the scale looks like next Monday!!! :D

Great start! :agree: Good Luck this week! :wave:

Lulumae Thu, Oct-11-12 12:17

If it feels good, do it!!!!

BabyPhat Tue, Oct-16-12 07:16

Hope you guys don't mind me poking around on the SBD boards..because since last week I have kind of revamped my plan and sort of doing my own thing....even though I still use a few "SBD Principles" for the most part I've customized my WOE... anyhoo I am happy to report that I am down 4 pounds in 9 days! And just want to let anyone who is reading this know..low carbing does work. It can and is overwhelming at times because we can get caught up on fat grams per day, calories per day, carbs per day, am I eating too much cheese? am I eating too many nuts? am I drinking enough water? am I getting in enough green veggies?

Actually those are all questions that have plagued me and still do. So, I've just been kind of winging it for the last week and so far so good!

Judynyc Tue, Oct-16-12 07:40

Quote:
Hope you guys don't mind me poking around on the SBD boards..because since last week I have kind of revamped my plan and sort of doing my own thing....even though I still use a few "SBD Principles" for the most part I've customized my WOE... anyhoo I am happy to report that I am down 4 pounds in 9 days! And just want to let anyone who is reading this know..low carbing does work. It can and is overwhelming at times because we can get caught up on fat grams per day, calories per day, carbs per day, am I eating too much cheese? am I eating too many nuts? am I drinking enough water? am I getting in enough green veggies?

Actually those are all questions that have plagued me and still do. So, I've just been kind of winging it for the last week and so far so good!

I'm not sure what you mean but I do hope that whatever it is your doing, will keep you on your path. :wave:
There are many factors to getting this job done. It can be very easy at first to see loss. As we get further into it, it will get harder and thats when the guide lines come in handy.

I wish you long term success!! :)

BabyPhat Tue, Oct-16-12 13:56

thanks Judy.. for posting.. will definitely keep track of everything so when the "stalls" or issues arise I can over come them. I actually feel better since I have reduced carbs. I don't feel sluggish, bloated and I don't have the usual hunger pains. So this is not just about weight loss, but overall health. I use to have heart palpitations and feel like I had been running after eating sugar. My body is very carbohydrate sensitive. My stomach would literally hurt when I was hungry and I think that was basically carb withdrawals. I am in it for the long haul an even if the scale stops moving.. I know I still have to press forward. So far so good...