Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Low Carb In Texas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=296145)

MeganTSU Mon, May-08-06 14:53

Low Carb In Texas

I thought I would start a post to get all of the Texans together and discuss our losses, tips, or whatever we think is important!

I thought it would be a fun place to post Texas related recipes as well as good places to eat out when you are on a low carb diet!

Any past, present or Future Texan welcome! :wave:

Hope to hear from yall soon!
Megan

patigayle Mon, May-08-06 15:03

Howdy Megan...I'm from Fort Worth! I just started LC'ing Jan 15,2006. This is my 3rd? try so it's pretty slow. I have lost 12 lbs since then, but a total of 16 since the first of the year. I've lost a load of inches....tight size 12/14 to a baggy 10. I love this WOE!
I'm still practicing as far as recipes go, but I tried a delicious brocolli/cauliflower recipe that I got from someone on this forum last week...it is delish!!! Maybe that party would post the recipe again??.I hope........When we eat out,we eat at a small Mexican restaraunt on the north side of Ft. Worth, El Puerto.......the tacos are wonderful.....you don't even need the shell!!!
Pati

MeganTSU Tue, May-09-06 06:02

Nice to meet you Pati! You will defiantly have to post that recipe on the board when you get it down! I would love to try it!

Mexican food restaurants are always a favorite for Texans! I love to get fajitas with cheese on top and just eat them right out of the skillet!

Congrats on all of the weight loss... I have been low carbing since January 2005 and did really good all year long, until the holidays. Now I am having a hard time getting back to as strict as I was before!

Thanks for posting, I would love to get this board up and going and get some new people in, so invite all of your posters from other boards.

-Megan

bob2112 Tue, May-09-06 06:22

Sounds like a great place to be!!

MeganTSU Tue, May-09-06 06:24

Hi Bob! Glad to have you! We are just trying to start a page to discuss Texas related tips and trades for LCing! Where is Seabrook?!?!?

MeganTSU Tue, May-09-06 08:30

:wave: I noticed a lot of views on this page! Please post a message and we can get this board started! :wave:

patigayle Tue, May-09-06 10:02

Megan...I noticed on your profile....starting M&C...what is that?
Pati

kbfunTH Tue, May-09-06 10:25

Born and raised in a little suburb of Austin. The best thing I like about Texas food is Brisket and sausage. Growing up hunting and fishing and always having access to wild game is another bonus. :) There is a great variety of culture here too, which makes it great for trying other kinds of food.

MeganTSU Tue, May-09-06 11:11

hey pati,

M&E (oops I typed it wrong) Its Meat and Egg. Its an extreme version of Atkins, that is supposed to throw you into induction... Its hard, but at this point I will try anything.

Hello kbfunTH-- Im from the austin area as well! There is wonderful bbq around here! I love Rudys!!!!!
Welcome!

-Megan

MeganTSU Wed, May-10-06 14:16

Hey yall,

Just checking today to see how everyone is doing... Let me know of any progress... Or tips! Im at a stall that is very frustrating! :)

gumby142 Wed, May-10-06 14:46

Hi Y'all

I was born and raised in Texas and keep moving farther South. Started in Dallas and now live outside Houston.

Hi bob - we are almost neighbors. Do you ever go to Tookie's? Haven't been in awhile since I can not resist their onion rings.

Hope everyone is doing well. :thup:

MeganTSU Wed, May-10-06 14:47

Welcom Gumby,
I want to know more about Tookies, I frequent Houston a lot bc of family.... What is it, I might have to try it out!

kbfunTH Thu, May-11-06 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganTSU
Hey yall,

Just checking today to see how everyone is doing... Let me know of any progress... Or tips! Im at a stall that is very frustrating! :)

I bet if you drop your calories and/or up your activity a little bit, your stall would be history.

mscents Mon, May-22-06 13:02

Hey Everyone
I'm about half way between Dallas and Houston on I-45 in a town called Madisonville. Great to see a forum for us!

Thanks
Trisha

Josiemk Thu, May-25-06 06:39

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Marion,TX it's between San Antonio & Austin well closer to Seguin. I've been doingAtkins for 5 years & 4 of them were maintence. I plan on returning to Atkins after nursing is done. I'm looking forward to be back on a losing streak again.

My favorites are brisket w/o sauce & beef fajita's & beef fajitas salad w/o the shell. I also like this one Mexican chicken it's spicy grilled breast w/ melted montery cheese & sour cream but I'm not sure what it's called. Another thing I like is green beans w/ bacon.

I'm looking forward to hearing from other Texans.