Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Oh dear.....I cheated today... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=474038)

Cat lover Wed, Jun-29-16 17:20

Oh dear.....I cheated today...

I cheated today. This was the first time this has happened since starting low carb Dec 31 2015. I went out with my mom who I had not seen in a few months and we went to Swiss Chalet. I had 2 chicken legs which in it self was not bad....but I also had fries, a small multigrain roll and their dipping sauce. They did have a chicken salad on the menu that I could have ordered but I caved. Feeling very full and bloated after 5 hrs........back on the low carb train tomorrow.

1DogDay Thu, Jun-30-16 03:27

The Chalet Sauce isn't that bad but of course the other carbs are.

bkloots Thu, Jun-30-16 18:13

Okay. Confession acknowledged. Have you thought about why you made the choices you did? Want to tell us?

Bob-a-rama Thu, Jun-30-16 19:34

It happens, especially at first. The only thing to do is get back on plan and resolve to do better next time.

Don't flog yourself, just learn from the experience and resolve to be stronger next time.

Bob

slwloser Thu, Jun-30-16 20:09

I cheated today too:(

I went to a fried seafood place with my team. I was starving!!! First time off plan in 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat lover
I cheated today. This was the first time this has happened since starting low carb Dec 31 2015. I went out with my mom who I had not seen in a few months and we went to Swiss Chalet. I had 2 chicken legs which in it self was not bad....but I also had fries, a small multigrain roll and their dipping sauce. They did have a chicken salad on the menu that I could have ordered but I caved. Feeling very full and bloated after 5 hrs........back on the low carb train tomorrow.

Cat lover Fri, Jul-01-16 03:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Okay. Confession acknowledged. Have you thought about why you made the choices you did? Want to tell us?

Not sure why I made that choice, I have no real legit excuse. But on a better note, I am right back on the low carb plan, and have no cravings.

Cat lover Fri, Jul-01-16 03:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
It happens, especially at first. The only thing to do is get back on plan and resolve to do better next time.

Don't flog yourself, just learn from the experience and resolve to be stronger next time.

Bob

I went right back on the plan and its full steam ahead. :)

Bob-a-rama Fri, Jul-01-16 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat lover
I went right back on the plan and its full steam ahead. :)

Way to go.

Just keep moving towards your goals.

Bob

GreekRibs Fri, Jul-01-16 13:25

I used to take my sons to Swiss Chalet when they were younger. Oooo ya, bread, fries and their dipping sauce is EVIL !! Glad you turned things around and got right back into low carb healthy fat. Stay strong. Even though you don't have much to lose (we're practically the same), having those cheats can take us right back to start weight and there's NO GOING BACK!!! Before eating out at a restaurant with others who are not low carb, I visualize what I'm going to order and put in my mouth. Sort of a mental plan. Good luck Cat Lover!

jmh6251 Fri, Jul-01-16 15:55

Everybody has been known to cheat. It happens less often the longer you are on the program. Just make sure you understand what triggered it and try and do better next time.