Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Turtle Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Don't WANT to be a turtle (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=371740)

ellenalesa Fri, Apr-25-08 05:57

Don't WANT to be a turtle

I started LCing in February. Lost 6 pounds in induction and then another 2. And that's doing Atkins perfectly and exercising.

I binged, in protest.

So, i gained 3 pounds and am bloated as a beached whale.

I'm disgusted.

I did realize, however, that I really can't mess around with my health anymore. I have low thyroid and apparently my adrenals have been affected as well. I'm under a doctor's care, just waitin' to feel better.

I really need to just relax about this. I'm a type A personality and trying to change. Trust me, that's not easy!

Ellen

skeeweeaka Thu, May-08-08 23:18

I feel the same way 8 pounds since March.....but at least it is coming off. It is extremely frustrating but I stay the course. Just keep on plugging away at it, I figure that is 8 less than I started with....

muffles Thu, May-08-08 23:41

I've lost 1 kg (or 2 pounds) in the last 4 weeks. I think that makes me the queen of the turtles!
I keep telling myself to relax and be patient too... easier said than done!
Never mind.. at my present rate , I'll be down 7 lk by christmas!

Sandollar Fri, May-09-08 09:25

I'm a turtle too.
It takes so long to lose weight that I'm tempted to say "The hell with it!" and eat a whole cake. (like you say, in protest)

I'm just plugging along.....plugging along.....

I need a *whoosh* moment to boost my self-esteem and give me fresh motivation.

muffles Sat, May-10-08 17:02

I keep looking for other changes now, since I'm not getting much gratification with weight loss. I can now do 20 push ups off my knees - when I started in january I could do 3. I did a spin class the other day and actually kept up and felt good for the first 30 minutes, one day I'll be fine for the whole class.
I keep measuring my body too, there have been subtle changes.
The hardest thing is I can't comfort myself with food anymore , the other night I ended up crying instead. It was probably the healthiest thing to do, I felt the emotion instead of drowning it in carbs, but so painful.

Graphite Sat, May-10-08 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenalesa
I started LCing in February. Lost 6 pounds in induction and then another 2. And that's doing Atkins perfectly and exercising.

I binged, in protest.

So, i gained 3 pounds and am bloated as a beached whale.

I'm disgusted.

I did realize, however, that I really can't mess around with my health anymore. I have low thyroid and apparently my adrenals have been affected as well. I'm under a doctor's care, just waitin' to feel better.

I really need to just relax about this. I'm a type A personality and trying to change. Trust me, that's not easy!

Ellen

Just thinking out loud, but are you seeing a human doctor? Shouldn't you be seeing a veterinarian specializing in smaller primates, if indeed you are the chimpanzee you portray yourself to be in your avatar?

Who knows, this could be the breakthrough you're looking for.

:idea:
:read:

Sorry, just thought a smidgen of levity might lift some spirits... Humor is good medicine...? :yum:

skeeweeaka Fri, May-30-08 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles
I keep looking for other changes now, since I'm not getting much gratification with weight loss. I can now do 20 push ups off my knees - when I started in january I could do 3. I did a spin class the other day and actually kept up and felt good for the first 30 minutes, one day I'll be fine for the whole class.
I keep measuring my body too, there have been subtle changes.
The hardest thing is I can't comfort myself with food anymore , the other night I ended up crying instead. It was probably the healthiest thing to do, I felt the emotion instead of drowning it in carbs, but so painful.

I feel the same way...looking for small changes. I noticed today that I could get in some shorts that I couldn't before. I put them on and went walking and it felt good to be back in them....although they are not as loose as they were. I just started walking this week in hopes that this helps my weight loss speed up some...heavy sigh.

I hope everyone else is doing well.... It's a slow process and eventually we'll all get theree...

luckyloser Wed, Sep-04-13 14:00

Confessions of a "turtle"
I lost 34 pounds in 2005.......whoo hoo!!
Since then I have tried to limit carbs.......but not really like Atkins prescribed in OWL.....
Over the past 8 years I gained it all back!, about 5 lbs a year
Also, no "period", so this time it's really harder
I've been doing low carb (AGAIN) since August 4 and have lost a total of 5.8 lbs
Am I a turtle?
What can I do?

luckyloser Wed, Sep-04-13 14:02

I am currently trying a "Fast" day, every third day....of low carb and low calories.......less than 600 on that day....hoping
to Jump start my metabolism

Any suggestions?

want2Bskny Tue, May-27-14 19:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenalesa

I binged, in protest.

Ellen

That made me laugh! Boy, I can relate! :lol:

Dgost23 Fri, Jul-31-15 04:42

I feel your pain. I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. I am so frustrated I almost bought chocolate on my way to work. I didn't buy any, and I am proud of myself for that, but still very frustrated at this unbearably slow loss.