Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Milestones (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Some NSVs! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=468819)

Little Me Thu, Jul-16-15 13:41

Some NSVs!

I got a cute new golf outfit. Everything else hangs on me and I looked like a schlub (golf clothes are expensive). So the girls I play with (we're mixed, men & women) noticed I was losing more weight "YESSS!" And they noticed at book club this week, too.

So today I am laying out some clothes for Las Vegas, and I went shopping in my closet. NOTHING FITS! Everything was so tight before...I was packed in, stuffed in, buttons not buttoned or popped off, gaposis in the bust...now everything is loose. (Even my skin :p)

THIN FEELS TERRIFIC! I still have a way to go. I "only" lost 6 pounds (so far) this second round, but it was enough to put me out of between-sizes and firmly into size 14. I used to be pushing 20.

For all you newbies out there, if you see this, hang in there and stay with it. It doesn't happen overnight, but in a way it really does--because time passes whether you stay on plan or not. You will feel so much better. I can't tell you how much easier life is not carrying around a >30# sack of potatoes everywhere. You move through space easier, you don't grunt when you stand up or get out of the car, and you don't waddle when you walk. And you look good in your clothes. It's worth it!

Nicekitty Thu, Jul-16-15 20:51

Fantastic job! You are going to hit goal in no time! Must be time to go out and get a few new things. I went into a dressing room the other day, and didn't really recognize my body, but no one else (other than husband) seems to have noticed anything yet.

Meme#1 Thu, Jul-16-15 21:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Me
I got a cute new golf outfit. Everything else hangs on me and I looked like a schlub (golf clothes are expensive). So the girls I play with (we're mixed, men & women) noticed I was losing more weight "YESSS!" And they noticed at book club this week, too.

So today I am laying out some clothes for Las Vegas, and I went shopping in my closet. NOTHING FITS! Everything was so tight before...I was packed in, stuffed in, buttons not buttoned or popped off, gaposis in the bust...now everything is loose. (Even my skin :p)

THIN FEELS TERRIFIC! I still have a way to go. I "only" lost 6 pounds (so far) this second round, but it was enough to put me out of between-sizes and firmly into size 14. I used to be pushing 20.

For all you newbies out there, if you see this, hang in there and stay with it. It doesn't happen overnight, but in a way it really does--because time passes whether you stay on plan or not. You will feel so much better. I can't tell you how much easier life is not carrying around a >30# sack of potatoes everywhere. You move through space easier, you don't grunt when you stand up or get out of the car, and you don't waddle when you walk. And you look good in your clothes. It's worth it!

It's so fun when that happens and nothing fits and glad you went shopping.
I'm right there with you. If fact, I sometimes forget what size I wear. I ordered some shorts on line and I think they're going to be too big because I forgot that I wear 14 now too. It's just hard to process.
I saw you wearing a couple of nice jackets in your old pics and thought that I have some like that too.
That part is bothersome especially when they're nice ones. I tried a couple on the other day and they wrapped 5-6 inches..no hope of doing anything with them but donating them.
I thought it was just amazing when I first realize that it was easy to cross my legs again and they fit.
30lb of potatoes...can you just imagine how much fat that was..
I'm 5'3"-5' 31/2" idk but I'm right there with you...