Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Green Giant Mashed Cauliflower and Other New Veggie Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=476468)

Hedgey Sun, Mar-11-18 15:13

We have Price Chopper here, and yesterday I picked up "fresh" riced cauliflower. Dole is the brand name. Just finely shredded cauli in a bag in the salad/produce section. I'm thinking I'll bake it with some cheese, though I'm wondering if it will produce a lot of liquid. I'll share my results.

Meme#1 Sun, Mar-11-18 15:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgey
We have Price Chopper here, and yesterday I picked up "fresh" riced cauliflower. Dole is the brand name. Just finely shredded cauli in a bag in the salad/produce section. I'm thinking I'll bake it with some cheese, though I'm wondering if it will produce a lot of liquid. I'll share my results.

My three ingredients for Cauliflower are cream, butter and cheese plus seasonings.

Since it's frozen, When you thaw it out, do it in colander set in a bowl and let the ice melt off and the water drip out. You can do it in a microwave if you want to speed it up.

doreen T Mon, Mar-12-18 04:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgey

Try tossing the fresh riced cauli with olive oil or melted butter, and herbs (or just s & p ;)), and maybe a finely chopped onion or shallot .. spread it in a greased casserole dish and roast (hot oven, like 450+) for 15 minutes or so. Stir it up at least once, to make sure it browns evenly. Top with shredded cheese, then finish it off :yum:. Roasting the cauli first will allow any excesss liquid to cook off, but I doubt there'll be much in the first place as this is fresh product, not defrosted from frozen. Alternately you could sauté the riced cauli in a large skillet on top of the stove, then finish it off in the oven with cheese on top.

Keep in mind there will be a "shrinkage factor" .. that bag of fresh riced cauli will cook down quite a bit ;)

OgreZed Sat, Apr-07-18 13:45

I use the Green Giant Riced Cauliflower Medley quite a bit, but haven't been a fan of the Bird's Eye products.

I didn't like the Green Giant mashed cauliflower, but did like the Hanover brand.

sunset Sat, Apr-07-18 18:52

I love the Green Giant riced cauliflower. The other day at Walmart I noticed they also make Green Giant Spirals. I bought the zucchini and the beet one, and a couple others. I can't wait to try them.