Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New TDC member! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=476109)

KOrman Sun, Jan-15-17 17:32

New TDC member!

Hello everyone!
I am new to this site but not to the LC lifestyle. Last January I found out I was prediabetic. It scared the crap out of me & I said enough is enough & started eating LC. I did awesome for about 8 months, losing 85 lbs! But then I stopped losing weight. I was very discouraged , so when the holidays rolled around it was impossible for me to say no to all that fantastic food.
I went to my doctor the other day for a check up & when they weighed me, I almost cried. I had gained 20 lbs. I told my doctor about my weight gain & he told me about the Keto diet. It is basically how I had been eating anyways but with a few more restrictions. I started today getting myself back on track.
When I started eating LC last year I weighed 365 lbs (my heaviest was 392 lbs 5 years ago). I am currently at 302 lbs. My ultimate goal is 199 lbs. just so I can be under 200 lbs!
My goal isn't to be skinny. It's to be healthy & happy in my own skin.
To be perfectly honest, the thought of telling perfect strangers my weight on here was something I would have never done. But it seems I found somewhere, where everyone knows how I feel. I've always been the heaviest person in my family, so no one knows what I struggle with. I'm so happy that I found somewhere that I can find support from people just like me!

thud123 Sun, Jan-15-17 17:40

Welcome KOrman! You've learn a valuable lesson in that there are stalls, sometimes weight goes up, sometimes down. And with this goal you stated, "My goal isn't to be skinny. It's to be healthy & happy in my own skin." you should be able to weather any storm.

You will do well.

Tx_Chris Mon, Jan-16-17 11:32

Welcome KOrman to these forums. This is an awesome place for support & advice to aid you in your journey to a healthier & happier you. As thud said there are no stalls when this takes a lifetime commitment. You are not racing anyone. Patience & consistency with this woe is the key to success. As you said we know exactly how you feel as many of us have walked in your shoes in our own lives.

Pick out some journals to read through as not only are they inspiring but can teach some very valuable lessons. Start a journal!! Great tool for accountability & support. Wishing the best of luck my friend.

khrussva Tue, Jan-17-17 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOrman
To be perfectly honest, the thought of telling perfect strangers my weight on here was something I would have never done. But it seems I found somewhere, where everyone knows how I feel. I've always been the heaviest person in my family, so no one knows what I struggle with. I'm so happy that I found somewhere that I can find support from people just like me!

Welcome KOrman. We TDCers get it. We know exactly what you've been through. We were never compatible with the standard American 'carb centric' diet. The problem is the food - but we were the ones blamed for our situation. This WOE will resolve our issues. You found a great place for support and inspiration. This place has be a godsend for me. Consider starting a journal and maybe even join the TDC weekly weigh-in thread. Both have help me with accountability and staying on track. Remain active here. You will make some good LC friends who will encourage you as you get to where you want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOrman
My goal isn't to be skinny. It's to be healthy & happy in my own skin.

That is the right attitude. Make this about being happy and healthy and you will likely end up skinny as a bonus.