Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Mike's Low Carb Fried Tuna Patties (Atkins Induction Legal) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=418478)

mikeł Fri, Oct-15-10 11:33

Mike's Low Carb Fried Tuna Patties (Atkins Induction Legal)

Tuna Patties
Carbs - 1.5/2

I got tired pretty quickly of Tuna Salad. So I decided to mix a few 'legal' Atkins Induction ingredients together. Before you say yuck try it, not fishy at all and delicious. I was really unsure until I tasted it, really tasty and filling.

They can be spiced to taste with whatever seasoning you like the is Induction Legal.

INGREDIENTS
Egg, Raw - 1 (1 Carb?)
Tuna - 6oz can (Drain the Tuna as best you can)
Cream Cheese - 1oz (1 Carb)

INSTRUCTIONS
Get a pan with a lump of butter heated (Medium-ish Heat). In a bowl mix all three ingredients thoroughly. Make 3 equally sized patties in the pan. Fry each side until lightly brown/cooked. If they look a little mushy in the middle just lightly press down with a Pancake Flipper, turn down the heat and let them cook just a little longer.

Additional Options
Mayonnaise - 1oz (Hellmans is about 0.5g Carb, don't be fooled by the nutrition information saying 0, there is sugar in the ingredients. Quoted from Canadian Hellmans Label)

The Mayonnaise is used as a topping after they are cooked and on your plate.

mainecyn Fri, Oct-15-10 11:34

It sounds good to me. I am tired of tuna fish as well. Thanks

newme2010 Fri, Oct-15-10 11:53

oh i wish i had cream cheese in the house im getting ready to eat tuna now

mikeł Fri, Oct-15-10 11:58

I will post some pictures tomorrow when I make it again. Its nothing flashy but very satisfying.

mikeł Sun, Oct-17-10 13:06

Updated Cooking Info. About cooking heat. Mine screwed up today because the heat was too low. If it is too low they will stick and fall apart and not get crispy.

COOKING:

Set heat as high as you can without burning the butter.

Beez in BR Sun, Oct-17-10 14:45

Thanks! I can't wait to try this! :)

deb34 Mon, Oct-18-10 11:34

a little lemon zest added with really makes these sing!

Beez in BR Mon, Oct-18-10 15:34

Just made these! I added a little dill and a little minced red onion and celery.

Yum!!!! :)

Beez in BR Mon, Oct-18-10 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb34
a little lemon zest added with really makes these sing!

Oh! That sounds great!

I will try that next time.

JessieM23 Wed, Oct-27-10 20:43

Tried it, loved it! Thanks

Regina0508 Thu, Nov-11-10 15:40

this are for sure going my list to try! LOVE the idea of the red onion and celery!!!

Buttoni Thu, Nov-11-10 20:17

I'm gonna be a bachelorette this weekend and think I'll try these! They sure sound simple and tasty.

back to me Thu, Jan-06-11 15:49

these are great and SO easy to make! I chopped some green onion in mine and made my own tartar sauce - it was yummy!

Thanks!

chell02 Thu, Jan-06-11 21:29

Made these for dinner - used a scoop of a pre-chopped trinity mix (Beez you're probably the only one who knows what I'm talking about! onion, celery and green pepper for everyone not in Louisiana...) in it and some oil packed tuna. I think I'm going to switch to the oil packed for everything, it tastes so much better!

Anyway, these were fantastic! I made one too thin and had trouble flipping it, but the other two came out perfectly. Wish I'd taken a picture but my friend borrowed my camera and my phone, well let's not discuss my phone's camera.

I added some garlic powder and Penzey's greek seasoning - be sure to use lots of butter when you make these so they don't stick. Skipped the mayo because they were delish with just a squeeze of lemon juice on top. Thanks for the recipe Mike! Think I might try this with salmon next time...

StellaBean Fri, Jan-28-11 13:08

great recipe! I sprinkled old bay on top and mixed some with mayo for a dip.

next time I make this i'll just add the old bay before I fry them! My daughter loved it too!