Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Confession Booth (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   What's Your Kryptonite(s)? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=385618)

mike_d Sat, Nov-15-08 20:46

What's Your Kryptonite(s)?

Mine are fresh baked breads, cashew nuts, wine, cheese and pizza :devil:

Chocolate was on the list, but consuming Baker's cooking chocolate has since slain this dragon :lol:

Whats yours?

CValentine Sat, Nov-15-08 21:25

Frickin' potato chips....

HATE Loving them.... ~Cheryl

deniselisa Sat, Nov-15-08 22:38

Potatoes, beans and tortillas, basically, meixcan food- i love the stuff!

crease Sun, Nov-16-08 06:57

used to be pasta, but since i haven't had any in 3 months, and since i've LCed in the past, i know it would taste like crap at this point. i haven't tasted any since i started atkins, but last time i LCed, i did have a bite of blue box mac and cheese and thought, "ewww i really ATE this before?" lol. it's to the point now that even fresh baked bread smells nasty to me - all i smell is the yeast, which reminds me of driving thru milwaukee, and that's more than enough to turn my tastebuds off.

i'm sure almost anything i ate right now that i ate regularly just 3 months ago would taste like crap because i'm not used to all the added/hidden sugar and other stuff. and i'm sure it would send me running for the bathroom in short order. another benefit to this WOE: any IBS problems i had before are long gone.

yeah, a good dose of fear is a perfectly acceptable deterrent for me.

CarolynC Sun, Nov-16-08 07:05

Potato chips, especially homemade.

molmerlin Sun, Nov-16-08 07:49

LAYS POTATO CHIPS (yes, yelling intentionally!!) no fancy flavors, no dips, just me and that big yellow bag.....yummmmmmmm

mike_d Sun, Nov-16-08 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniselisa
Potatoes, beans and tortillas, basically, meixcan food- i love the stuff!
Yeah, even Lance Armstrong can't resist those Spanish carbs as he once confessed. He also helps his kids finish their PIZZA! Maybe that's why he has come out of retirement from cycling :lol:

I try to avoid Mexican places at lunch or dinner as they put that basket of fresh corn chips 'n homemade salsa right in front of you :agree: :help:

Cajunboy47 Sun, Nov-16-08 08:24

all of the above and more.... gotta always be vigilant.....

Annie1gi Sun, Nov-16-08 08:26

Any kind of potato!

Fried, baked, scalloped, boiled, whatever........potato is the demon!!!!!! :devil:

CourtneyUU Sun, Nov-16-08 08:54

Mexican food, definitely!

MsChevious Sun, Nov-16-08 15:05

Homemade mac and cheese and mashed potatoes!

algts Sun, Nov-16-08 16:57

Fresh-baked cookies, like chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, those white chocolate macadamia nut ones.

gweny70 Mon, Nov-17-08 10:32

Chocolate, pizza, wine, fresh bread, and mexican food!

Jenai Mon, Nov-17-08 10:34

Potatos and Bread.....*sigh*
Craveing chinese and vietnamese food.

Cajunboy47 Mon, Nov-17-08 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenai
Potatos and Bread.....*sigh*
Craveing chinese and vietnamese food.

Nothing wrong with craving Chinese food. Eating Chinese food and taking Chinese herbal medicine has turned my life around comletely for the better.... :agree: