Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ontario members here? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=459970)

low.carber Sat, Sep-06-14 20:14

Ontario

Hi Myla

I am also in Ontario (London)

msmum1977 Mon, Sep-08-14 07:17

I'm in Ontario near Kingston = mid 30's, single mom - I love low carb and strive for it, but it's a struggle for me mostly budget wise :) Lived in the Brampton/Mississauga area for 12 years when I moved back to my home town in 2009. I remember when Bovaird/McLaughlin was a darn field! That town is growing waaay to fast :) I loved it there but wanted a better place to raise the kids, so here I am back in the country.

Sarada Sun, Mar-01-15 16:38

Hi I'm in Etobicoke

Are there any low carbers in the GTA?

hummelda Sun, Mar-01-15 23:25

Hi Sarada, I'm in Niagara-on-the-Lake, close to the GTA. I come in once or twice a month ... welcome and hope to hear more from you!

low.carber Mon, Mar-02-15 06:50

Proud to be Canadian

Hi Myla

I am in London Ontario. Have been eating low carb for about 1 year and have lost over 50 pounds.

Welcome,

Carolyn

CWatt Mon, Mar-02-15 08:50

Welcome Sarada - I am just outside of Toronto - I live in Oshawa. I have been low carbing for over 3 years now, and have lost 82 lbs!

Sarada Tue, Mar-03-15 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummelda
Hi Sarada, I'm in Niagara-on-the-Lake, close to the GTA. I come in once or twice a month ... welcome and hope to hear more from you!

:wave: I love NOLA!

SexyGirl Wed, Mar-04-15 08:49

Hi Everyone! :wave:
I joined last year in May and then just couldn't pull it off. I'm here again and hope this time I can follow through. Have around 80 pounds to lose...AGAIN. This is probably the 5th time I will have lost and regained. So here goes.
Do any of you cook on this diet? Last time when I lost 70+ pounds I survived on poached chicken and scrambled eggs. This time I want to try to recreate some comfort foods in LC.
I have made a couple of cream soup recipes that were good; no flour, just cheese and broth as a base. This should be ok in induction?
It's great to have support!
Thank you all!!
Olwyn

SexyGirl Wed, Mar-04-15 08:51

Oh and by the way...I'm in Toronto!
Olwyn

Sarada Fri, Mar-06-15 18:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatt
Welcome Sarada - I am just outside of Toronto - I live in Oshawa. I have been low carbing for over 3 years now, and have lost 82 lbs!

Congrats on your excellent weight loss! You are an inspiration! :wave:

Sarada Fri, Mar-06-15 18:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyGirl
Hi Everyone! :wave:
I joined last year in May and then just couldn't pull it off. I'm here again and hope this time I can follow through. Have around 80 pounds to lose...AGAIN. This is probably the 5th time I will have lost and regained. So here goes.
Do any of you cook on this diet? Last time when I lost 70+ pounds I survived on poached chicken and scrambled eggs. This time I want to try to recreate some comfort foods in LC.
I have made a couple of cream soup recipes that were good; no flour, just cheese and broth as a base. This should be ok in induction?
It's great to have support!
Thank you all!!
Olwyn

I'm back on low carb too, after losing 120 lbs on Atkins 10 years ago. I have had some issues in my life since then, but now I have decided to go back to low carbing in earnest. I am also adding intermittent fasting to the mix.

The P.L.A.N. on this forum is very helpful, especially with the colour coding of the macro nutrients.

Bitelog is also a good website because it also tracks vitamins and minerals.

Cheese and broth should be OK in induction. I know you will be successful! You've done it before and you can do it again! :thup:

All the best

Sarada

MuskokaGal Wed, Mar-25-15 14:54

Hello Ladies...I too have just started back again after doing well a few years ago...gained it, lost it and gained it again. This time I am not setting such an extreme goal, but still want to lose 50 pounds.

Grew up in Bramalea for 25 years, moved to Muskoka for 25 years and now recently relocated to Hamilton...very happy to be down south again!

Looking forward to making some weight loss buddies :)

4debbs Mon, May-01-17 10:05

Windsor

Hello everyone,
I am 52 years old and from Windsor area. I started Atkins about a year ago (off and on the program), loss 17 pounds in 2.5 months. I regained all my weight very quickly and came to the realization that I am very carb sensitive. In March of this year I recommitted 100%. I am constantly reinforcing my belief by visiting this site, reading LC diet books and tracking everything!!! It has been 53 day of consistency and to date I have loss 15.7 pounds. I am glad I found this forum.....a true Ontarian. :wave:

hummelda Sat, May-13-17 10:28

Hi Debb, Pleased to meet you. I'm in Niagara-on-the-Lake. I don't come to the Forum often but good luck on your journey!!

robynsnest Sat, May-13-17 16:41

Hey there!! I am from the Cornwall Ontario area...