Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   I've just joined the "50 lbs Gone!" Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=101143)

jude Fri, Apr-25-03 18:56

I've just joined the "50 lbs Gone!" Club

After 8 months of low carb, I still want to pinch myself to make sure this isn't just a dream. 50 pounds gone! That's more than I've ever lost before--and it was so easy.

When I think of all those times before when I starved myself for weeks trying to lose a few miserable pounds, only to gain it all back and more. If there are any newbies reading this (especially those of a "certain age", shall we say), stay with it, low carb really does work.

A big hug and a thank you to everyone here who kept me
going! This forum really does make a difference.

judy

Rosebud Fri, Apr-25-03 19:09

Goodonya, Judy! That's just wonderful - I'm so happy for you!

Roz

jude Fri, Apr-25-03 23:21

Thanks, Roz! Ya know, I'm still eating avocados almost every day. (I think they've replaced eggs.)

judy

HLFAN Sun, Apr-27-03 12:40

wow

Hey, Jude!! Congrats!! Hope to see ya soon. I have some books for you but it looks like you don't need them anymore!!

You're going great guns, hope to catch up one of these days,

See ya soon, :wave:

asgoodlett Sun, Apr-27-03 15:32

Congrats Jude!

I hope in 8 months I can say the same thing!!! I rarely do write posts, I am mostly a reader here. But 50 pounds is worth writing about!!! :cheer:

kaydee Sun, Apr-27-03 16:22

Way To Go!

I had to post and say congrats. It's stories like yours that keep me going. I'm only 2 weeks into this and 3 pounds down, but still feeling positive.

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll reach your goal. :clap:

FionaMcB Sun, Apr-27-03 16:38

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Congratulations! It is so wonderful to hear of people suceeding in their quest for a healthier life. Well done!

sweetpea33 Mon, Apr-28-03 13:43

Congratulations on your weight loss. It's so inspiring to hear when my fellow LCer's have reached their goal. It's prove that the program does work and keeps me focused.
Happy LCing all.
Sweetpea :wave:

tgill32177 Mon, Apr-28-03 14:19

WAY TO GO!!!

WAY TO GO!!!

I know you feel ecstatic!
Thanks for sharing your
success with us. It really
BOOSTS our resolve to
keep to the program and
stick with this WOL.

Be BLESSED!
Tanya

kitEkat Wed, Apr-30-03 05:56

:daizy: WTG!! I hope I can be as successful as you are

jude Wed, Apr-30-03 17:20

Wow, I really should check my profile more often to see who's dropped in! Thanks so much, everyone, for your kind words!

Believe me, if I can do this, anyone can. I'm definitely not a goal oriented person, but with all the support and togetherness here, it's easy to stay on course.

Whatever problem you have, someone else has "been there, done that", and is more than willing to share solutions.

Thanks again, everyone! Hope you all enjoy the journey as much as I am.

judy

PS Nancy, give me a call when you're ready to walk the park--and yes, I do still want to borrow some of those books!

Puggy Wed, Apr-30-03 20:05

Simply fab, sweetie darling. Well done.

When I hit 50lbs. gone I searched the house trying to find stuff that weighed 50 pounds. I wanted to carry it around and really feel what all the extra weight had been like. I ended up taking the nieghbor's 4 year old (48lbs) on an extended piggy back ride around my yard. Yipes! I'm never going back there, sister.

Good for you!!!

Seto Kaiba Thu, May-01-03 13:17

:Party: 50 lbs is wonderful! KUTGW! You are so close to your goal!

STALLQUEEN Mon, May-05-03 14:11

Thats amazing.

I started the same time as you and I HAVE NOT LOST THAT MUCH WEIGHT, CERTAINLY NOT AS MUCH AS YOU.