Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   CAD/CALP (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Question about CAD? Ketosis??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=27811)

sugarless Mon, Dec-17-01 16:06

Question about CAD? Ketosis???

Hello everyone. I have been doing the Atkins for about 3 weeks now and have lost 13 pounds so far. However, my husband (who is also low-carbing) and I have been looking into the CAD so that we might be able to sit down in the evening and have a more relaxed meal plan with our 3 young children. I do have one question that I'm hoping someone out there can answer. Do you stay in ketosis on CAD? Is it even a concern. We have been so concerned with whether or now we're in ketosis on Atkins. If anyone has any answers or just a comment, please write. Thanks!

tamarian Mon, Dec-17-01 17:28

On CAD, you are not expected to be in Ketosis, and it is not considrerd as part of the plan, or something to watch for.

Wa'il

wawtigress Sat, Dec-22-01 06:42

I'm trying CAD/CALP

I've been on Cad for 5 days now and maintaining the weight loss i got from atkins. I'm really enjoying this way of eating better. I have proteins and veggies for the first two meals or brunch if I'm staying home. Then at supper I have a large salad( must eat first) then meat of choice, another green veggie, a starch and then dessert. When you get to the meal after the salad I can only eat about a tblsp to I/2 c of the rest of my meal . I was leaving half on my plate until I got wise and started putting less on. I am not hungry between meals and have no problem waiting for my big meal at end of day. This is not for everyone. If you can control your eating and not gorge, this is the best way to go . no more fake foods.Also make your desserts light and save the ultra desserts for special occasions. Wawtigress

JoAnnAtkin Thu, Jan-17-02 15:41

Deserts?????

:q: Wawtigress..................for instance, what kind of deserts do you have during your reward meal?
:wave: Jo Ann in TEXAS

JoAnnAtkin Thu, Jan-17-02 15:44

Howdy Tamarian!!

Help......... :q: .what example of a desert would might you have during one of your Reward meals? Do you watch for calories, fat, carbs, anything concerning the desert????????????????

:wave: Jo Ann in TEXAS

wawtigress Thu, Jan-17-02 17:27

About dessert

I can have anything i want for dessert. It can be cake,pie,cookies.icecream or fruit or popcorn . Anything starchy. YOu can choose a roll and 1/2 piece of pie. The two together can be no more than your meat or veggie or you can have a regular piece of pie and no roll or you can choose to not have dessert and have a baked potato , corn , bread instead.The salad is in addition to all this.Check out my journal T-z and you'll get an idea of what i'm eating. Have a great day. Wawtigress

JoAnnAtkin Thu, Jan-17-02 19:32

Wawtigress!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions!!! I can't wait to get hold of the CALP book to read it!
Jo Ann in TEXAS :wave: