Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   !! 60 pounds in 3 months (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=241758)

atmasters Wed, Mar-30-05 15:02

!! 60 pounds in 3 months

Well this is my story. I made a commitment on Jan 01 05 that I was going to get back to my weight that I was before I got Married. I am in the Canadian Army and was 230 pounds after coming out of all my training and I was hard training. I am in the Infantry. It seemed like the day I said I do my waist got bigger :D So I made a plane to loose 60 pounds. I was weighing in at a big 290 pounds. I am now at my goal weight of 230 pounds in just 3 months. I did do Atkins last year for about 2 months and was not that commited to it so I fell off the wagon. My wife is not a low carb fan at all so not to much support there but she is liking the resaults :lol: I started by realy watching my carb intake and staying very low at around 10 grams a day. I did this by eating a lot of fish. I eat a lot of eggs and I switched to Turkey Bacon. I also got a Husky :thup: She is great always wanted a Husky I love Kona so much. So I started to walk and I meen walk a lot like 14 km a day. I found it very easy I would go in the morning and then after dinner it is nice. I also was swimming as well. My wife called me an extreamest because I made this such a part of my life. I have slowed down a little I needed a little more family time. I did not give up the walks. I have had to fight off a lot of negitivity from a lot of people and I just put my head down and walked right threw it all. I am now sitting here at my goal weight and sharring my story with the biggest support group ever. With out all of you I dont think I would have done it. Any question I had was always anserwed. And when I felt down and out I would just read all of your goals and some bumps in the road and once again put the head down and marhed on.I am going to go down to 220 pounds then start interdusing more carbs. I still only take in about 10 grams a day and I try to stay around 1000 calories. I love hot wings so Blow the calorie thing all the time but that is what is great about this WOE. Fitday has also been a very good tool. I take some supplaments Like omega 3 pills and I drink green tea instead of coffie.

Well just thought I would share my story sorry for my spelling and how long this is :lol:
I am going to carrie on and read all of your great storys

SunAngel Wed, Mar-30-05 15:21

Your weight loss is amazing. Great job.
Mine is a little slow about two pounds a week but I am not giving up. At least it is working.
Congratulations on your success! You must feel like a million dollars. :)

Neenz Wed, Mar-30-05 15:21

Thanks so much, I am sitting here trying to see how I can motivate myself and I come across your post. Wow what a great effort and I have learnt so much from it. I really do need to not let others stop me.
congrads you should be very proud of yourself for getting out there and doing it. Lots of us are sitting here just thinking about it.
I want to be like you when I grow up
(I"m only 41)

RUBYROSE11 Wed, Mar-30-05 15:22

You should be so proud. Way to go. I have been on the diet since Jan 3 and have lost 38lbs. I love this woe.

Juli_G Wed, Mar-30-05 15:58

Congratulations! Awesome job! You should be really proud of yourself. Huskies are absolutely gorgeous! Give Kona a big hug for me! Have a great day :wave:

browniz30 Wed, Mar-30-05 19:07

your dedication is truly inspiring!!! way to go!!!! I was sitting here craving something chocolate so before I blew it , I got on here and started reading!! are you feeling tired at all from the strict regimin you are on? I know for me...even 20 grams of carbs and I still feel like i am dragging!!! well...you keep up the great work!!! good luck on your continued sucess!!!

Archie Thu, Mar-31-05 21:13

I'll bet Kona never doubted you for a second!!
Congratulations on your commitment and success! The Canadian Army needs people with this type of commitment. Thanks for serving my country!!
Find Balance and happiness!

DarthRaidr Thu, Mar-31-05 23:29

WOO HOOO!!!

wow that's really great, hey if you could do it I could try it!

GinaLeanne Fri, Apr-01-05 00:04

Wow, you should be so proud of yourself and happy!!! Did you always stay below 10 carbs a day?

Great Job with the weight loss!!! have a nice weekend, Gina

faith2004 Fri, Apr-01-05 08:41

Wow, 60 pounds in 3 months! That's amazing! Congratulations

2fat Fri, Apr-01-05 17:42

Hi there

Hi there. I am so proud of you. :thup: You did it and that is great. ;) I only hope that one day I too will have a success story. I look forward to reading about the 10 pounds you lose. Have a low carb day. :wave:

egnue Wed, Apr-06-05 10:36

Wow!!! What great success you have had. You are a LC machine! Good for you! I am thrilled for you.

erinleigh Wed, Apr-06-05 11:43

Great job! You've done awesome! :)

Mikhail Thu, Apr-07-05 05:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunAngel
Your weight loss is amazing. Great job.
Mine is a little slow about two pounds a week but I am not giving up. At least it is working.
Congratulations on your success! You must feel like a million dollars. :)

I wouldn't consider 2 pounds a week slot at all...that's over 100 pounds in a year if you keep it up.

Kristine Thu, Apr-07-05 10:50

Congrats on your rapid weight loss!! It's tough when you're the only one and you're not getting a lot of support, eh?

So are you reg force? I'm a reservist with an infantry unit. :D