Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Turtle Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Welcome to the turtle club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=25202)

tamarian Sat, Nov-10-01 14:38

Welcome to the turtle clucb

Any turtles around? :)

Wa'il

Atriana Sat, Nov-10-01 14:51

Does 3 pounds during induction, 1 pound a week afterward qualify?

Ka3n Sat, Nov-10-01 14:54

Name Calling

Slow Losers, eh? (Robert Ninero-like) You callin' me slow ?
You callin' me a loser? ;) Hey, you talkin' to me ?
ok, I am a turtle. I've been a Hare before and now I'm a Tortoise. So that makes me hare and now a tortoise. :rolleyes: I'm going now....

doreen T Sat, Nov-10-01 15:22

Net loss of 8 lbs in the last year, and never once the thought of quitting, or eating any other way. Good health and well-being are the primary measures of my success. Weight loss is just a bonus!

Doreen

Natrushka Sat, Nov-10-01 15:24

Great idea for a forum :) This place sure is undergoing some major renovations!

Nat

anita Sat, Nov-10-01 19:55

Do you mean that I am not the only one losing at this incredibly SLOW speed?? I am truly glad to hear it! I have not thought about going off LC but I sometimes wonder how long it will take me to get throughly frustrated...It's great to have the incredible support of this list to help me keep my eye on the ball.
Thanks for this
Anita

mrsvvt2001 Sat, Nov-10-01 20:18

WOW - is this the perfect place for me! Anita, I've done so much soul searching the past 2 weeks and I've come to realize there's no point in getting frustrated, I've no where else to go. I've tried everything. this is the only WOE where I'm not starving or completely insane with cravings, sweet/salty binging and everything else that goes with low-fat dieting.
I am definitely a turtle, but then again, who am I racing?

doreen T Sat, Nov-10-01 21:09

Quote:
Originally posted by mrsvvt2001
I am definitely a turtle, but then again, who am I racing?
Ooooh, that's good!

No race, that's for sure, but sometimes I do feel like I'm chasing myself in circles :daze: .. Just to clarify ... my 8 lbs NET loss, includes a sudden gain of 12 lbs due to medication last winter ... so technically, I have lost 20 lbs in a year. It's just that 12 of them were reruns :lol:

I think that losing slow but steady is the key to ultimate success at keeping it off for good .. because the healthy eating habits truly have become a way of life. I've lost lots of weight quickly, on diets in the past, and gained it all BACK quickly and then some .. because the programs weren't something you could maintain.

It's nice to know we're here to see each other through.

Doreen

Ka3n Sat, Nov-10-01 21:23

Quote:
I've no where else to go. I've tried everything. this is the only WOE where I'm not starving or completely insane with cravings, sweet/salty binging and everything else that goes with low-fat dieting.
mrsvvt2001, me too. It feels like I've done it all, well not all, but been down so many roads that I never wanna see again, that's for sure. I'm very happy with this WOL for the reasons that you mentioned. But, mainly b/c I feel so much better.
Quote:
I think that losing slow but steady is the key to ultimate success at keeping it off for good .. because the healthy eating habits truly have become a way of life. I've lost lots of weight quickly, on diets in the past, and gained it all BACK quickly and then some .. because the programs weren't something you could maintain.
That's so true Doreen. It's the quick fix mentality that "we want it now" that I keep tripping over these days.

SweetLoren Sat, Nov-10-01 22:41

This is such a good club.....I sure qualify im gaining weight....and it helps to hear that im not the only one whose loosing slowly...props to the person who thought of this club
Lorena

Flintstone Sat, Nov-10-01 23:19

Repeat after me....

I feel better.....I'm healthier....I feel better....I'm healthier......I feel better.....I'm healthier..................

TO H_LL WITH THE SCALES!! :devil:

coquina Sun, Nov-11-01 00:34

10 days into induction and I've only managed to skim off 3 lbs. But guess what? I'm not hungry, I don't feel deprived, I have no cravings for anything. And slow is healthier in the long run,I know that. And I'm committed to this for the long run. I can see already that this is a WOE I can live with. (Unlike some other woes I have! :p )

So glad to be here with you all! :yay:

Atriana Sun, Nov-11-01 06:36

Coquina - I definately agree with you! I feel so much better eating this way that I would continue even if I wasn't losing any weight. Like you, I only lost 3 pounds during induction. But, even if it is slow, the weight loss WILL continue. This morning's weigh in has shown that I have lost a total of 15 pounds.

LC Sponge Sun, Nov-11-01 06:49

Just in case there is somebody out there who isn't sick of hearing it yet:....

It took me 1 year 8 months and 15 days to lose 40 pounds.

Whatever conclusions us slow losers come to on this WOE, only this counts:

It doesn't matter HOW LONG IT TAKES, this isn't a race. It's not a competition. The only *losers* are the quitters. You can't compare your results with anybody else because at the end of every day the only real WINNER is YOU.

doreen T Sun, Nov-11-01 08:38

Right on Spongey!

Instead of "slow losers" we should think of ourselves as
  • Unhurried Winners
Doreen