Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dinner, dinner, dinner! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=360471)

Jonahsafta Thu, Jan-10-08 15:45

Baked chicken
l/c gravy
green beans with butter and almonds

Misa Thu, Jan-10-08 16:49

Tonight's dinner is going to be chicken breasts (marinated in an "italian" dressing) cooked on George. I got broccoli on the way home from work as a surprise for my husband - we both love it!!

MercyD Thu, Jan-10-08 17:48

Tonight me and a LC friend are having Taco Salad:

Spiced ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, cheese, sour cream, salsa..no chips of any kind.

lcbkk Thu, Jan-10-08 19:20

Hamburger cooked with a couple spoons of tomato paste and various herbs, served over a bed of chopped lettuce, a sprinkling of freshly grated parm and a small dollop of mayo on the top! Lots of water along with it.

chubbygrrl Thu, Jan-10-08 19:29

Chicken taco Salad - shredded chicken breasts cooked with a little taco seasoning, topped with shredded cheese, a few jalapenos and a dollop of sour cream - over a bed of lettuce, of course :yum:

Lianne Thu, Jan-10-08 22:57

Last night we ate spinach salad with hot bacon dressing with shrimp. Tonight we had quiche with broccoli, shrimp, mushroon, onion, garlic etc (with old bay). Maybe I should call it Shrimp Bisque quiche?

Cacey Thu, Jan-10-08 23:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen51
Last night was grilled salmon and broccoli-cheese soup.

Broccoli-cheese soup?? Oh, please please share the recipe!!! :idea:

Synne Fri, Jan-11-08 01:59

Tonight is going to be lean steak and veggies. I'm only going to have a portion the size of my fist and fill up on veggies.

zorra_1 Fri, Jan-11-08 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Tonight I was short on the sort of dinner food I usually have so I had some Pate, olives and a bit of goat cheese. Quite nice really!

I end up doing this often... I prefer to eat the bulk of my food in the early hours anyway (I need a huge b'fast) and I tend to do more appetizer style dinners. :thup:

Annie1gi Fri, Jan-11-08 12:58

Boneless pork ribs, on top of cabbage, chicken stock, little onion, some spices, and a few sun-dried tomatoes.......cooked in the crock pot for an easy meal.....ready when I get home!!!! Perfect for a Friday, end of week meal....... :yum:

LowCarbRob Fri, Jan-11-08 13:19

Garlic shrimp with steamed broccoli

FenwayGuy Fri, Jan-11-08 15:58

Tonight it will be pan seared medium rare ribeye steak, steamed broccoli/cauliflower with melted butter drizzled over, and a nice radicchio salad topped with good old olive oil and fresh ground pepper. :)

Jonahsafta Fri, Jan-11-08 18:15

turkey sausage
alfredo sauce
zucc.

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

noelle1275 Fri, Jan-11-08 21:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan's mom
baked salmon steak with a crisp salad. MMM

I've never baked salmon (or cooked it at all). How'd you do yours?

bsheets Fri, Jan-11-08 22:21

alsmez, did you have to cook the chicken before you did all of that at all? I don't much care for chicken (so don't know much about it) but I will be making it in a couple of weeks and that recipe sounds great!

27Peach, the coconut you mention in your dinner, is it the flesh? Cream? Milk? Desicated? Sounds like a great recipe!

For me last night was minced beef mixed with egg and layered along the bottom of the dish, topped with the chunky parts of canned tomato, a bit of cheese, a layer of sliced zucchini and pepper and other yummy herbs. Baked and served. Mmmm Mmm Mmmm. Just as good the next morning after reheating :yum: