Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   251lbs Lost (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=466054)

bevangel Tue, May-05-15 11:29

OMG - I posted in my previous post in reaction to your pics and without seeing the entire thread. I am so sorry to hear about the cancer. Feels like I put my foot in my mouth big-time.

But, you do know that there are studies coming out that show that a very low carb diet is actually quite helpful in fighting cancers. It seems that cancer cells must have carbs to grow and spread and can't use ketones (fats) the same way that healthy cells can. So it is quite possible that the cancer has actually been there for quite awhile and that your low carb diet actually slowed it's growth.

Still wishing you a very long and healthy life but I'll modify my toast to "here's to kicking the cancer AND maintaining your new svelte shape for a very long and healthy life!"

Turtle2003 Sat, May-09-15 10:08

I just now found this thread. I saw the posts about the cancer first, and then went through all the pics from your weight loss journey, so I got a full blast of the irony here. So, so sorry to hear about your illness. I'm hopeful that the same fortitude that helped you through the loss of all that weight will help you to beat this cancer. God bless.

Jamackarch Sun, May-10-15 21:47

We are all here, cheering for you!!!
You are the epitome of inspiration.
Thank you, Maori!

Lynnsey Tue, May-12-15 11:34

Your pictures/progress is AMAZING! Good for you!!

I am so sorry to hear about the stomach cancer. I will keep you in my prayers.

bevangel Tue, May-12-15 11:42

Good luck! With cancer, have 'em hit it with everything they've got! No point in taking half-way measures. I just know you're going to beat this. Prayers coming your way.

verh Sat, May-16-15 17:44

Good luck with the cancer. Please keep us posted. I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I'm assuming you are actually Maori. So was one of my extended (non-blood relative) family members. Most beautiful person I ever met. Keep strong, and please know we are here for support. And, seriously, serious Congratulations on your massive LC success! So very inspirational!

Zuleikaa Sat, May-16-15 19:46

Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss.

Sending positive thoughts your way on the stomach cancer.

weezyb7881 Tue, May-26-15 18:53

prayers for stage 3 and successful surgery and a full recovery. Good luck and God bless

jamthesun Wed, Jun-03-15 11:08

Oh man that's tough. I wish you all the best I really do.

If determination has anything to do with the prognosis you'll kick it!

OtherCher2 Thu, Jun-18-15 10:09

My favorite part of this forum are the success stories. This WOE does work! Thank you for your story! :yay:

AnneChoco Fri, Jun-19-15 04:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Anne....please go back and read Maori's last couple of posts...

I missed that the first time around. So sorry for your diagnosis. Will be praying for you and sending healing your way. :there:

Blume Fri, Jun-19-15 09:10

OMG you look amazing! Congrats. Wow.

weezyb7881 Sat, Jun-20-15 20:19

i hope you're doing well. I pray for your complete recovery.

Marchstart Tue, Aug-04-15 08:28

WOWzers!!!! WTG

weezerchic Fri, Aug-14-15 18:48

this is so inspirational!!!