Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Eggs? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=295500)

Afrikahnea Wed, May-03-06 11:39

Eggs?

Where are the eggs on the meal plan?

Cavendish Wed, May-03-06 12:59

Hello Afrikahnea--

I'd love to help. What do you mean exactly? :)

Afrikahnea Thu, May-04-06 06:04

I'm trying to log my food diary on the My P.L.A.N. Page, but I don't see eggs.

tamarian Thu, May-04-06 06:05

When you do a search, type egg instead of eggs (without s), this will return more results.

Wa'il

jazzfan Mon, Jun-05-06 15:01

While we're on the subject, why are there different carb counts for eggs? Say scrambled versus hard boiled? Isn't an egg an egg no matter how it's prepared?

tamarian Mon, Jun-05-06 15:16

These are the exact entries from the USDA data. They distinguish the various preparations based on the ingredients. So a scrambled egg would have some additional fat like butter taken into account.

Wa'il

jazzfan Mon, Jun-05-06 18:00

Ahh, I see. So I wonder if the USDA assumes a person adds, say, milk to scrambled eggs? That would certainly account for a higher carb count. Thanks for providing the source - I had always wondered just where those numbers came from.

astari Fri, Jun-09-06 10:18

What I do is just enter a plain hard boiled egg and then add butter, milk, cheese, whatever I cook it with.

Losing it Wed, Jul-19-06 00:42

whats the C, F and P stand for and also how do you delete a selection eg Breakfast I put eggs in when I had them for lunch?

thanks

Rosebud Wed, Jul-19-06 01:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing it
whats the C, F and P stand for and also how do you delete a selection eg Breakfast I put eggs in when I had them for lunch?

thanks

C = carbohydrates
F = fat
P = protein

You can move a food from one meal to another, or delete it entirely, by clicking the box(es) at the right hand side, then clicking on the menu at the bottom that says "add to favourites."

HTH :)

Rosebud:rose:

Losing it Wed, Jul-19-06 18:41

are eggs ok

Hey there,

thanks, I here eggs are high in calariores. Im on a LC diet, hoping to eat 2 eggs for breakfast 5 days a week, and eat lots of steak and chicken, what type of steak is the best for you? andf if you had a LC eating plan im such a begginner and open to it

thanks again

Rosebud Wed, Jul-19-06 23:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losing it
Hey there,

thanks, I here eggs are high in calariores. Im on a LC diet, hoping to eat 2 eggs for breakfast 5 days a week, and eat lots of steak and chicken, what type of steak is the best for you? andf if you had a LC eating plan im such a begginner and open to it

thanks again

Hi there,

First of all, this particular subforum is for help with MyPLAN matters, so you would be best served asking these questions in the Newbies Questions or General Low Carb forums. ;)

The best advice I can possibly give you is to choose a particular low carb plan, and read the book thoroughly. The plans vary in what you can have to eat, so choosing the plan that will suit your particular lifestyle will help. If you click here, you will find summaries of the major plans.

Rosebud:rose: