Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   What do you love about your weightloss so far? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=453077)

lovinita Tue, Jun-04-13 12:04

What do you love about your weightloss so far?

No longer hanging my clothes up to air dry because of worrying about my clothes shrinking in the dryer.

They can shrink and I have no problems anymore. I bought new clothes recently. Just dried them and they still fit and actually a little bit bigger cause i have lost about 5.5 pounds between when I bought them and now.

Such a small thing but brings alot of happiness :thup:

lovinita Wed, Jun-05-13 13:40

another thing i love is going to the movie theater and having extra wiggle room in my chair. No more snugging in or overflowing or uncomfortable seating :)

ojoj Wed, Jun-05-13 15:08

Theres so much I love about the "thin me" - I can run up and down stairs, I can bend down and stand up again without needing support. I can wear clothes instead of tents, my thighs dont rub together when I walk, my bra doesnt leave heavy grooves that bulge thru my clothes.........

Jo xxx

2thinchix Wed, Jun-05-13 18:29

Being able to sit in any desk or chair in the room without worrying that I won't fit or will break it.

anglgrl Thu, Jun-06-13 08:25

Crossing my legs.

Finding clothes is so much easier now.

I can do more without getting exhausted.

lovinita Thu, Jun-06-13 08:49

~jo definitely here you on the bras. My back and shoulders are definitely becoming happier with the less boob weight... And my boobs with my new bras are able to perk more now than just sag.

~2thinchix, OMG that happened to me once someone gave me a crappy plastic chair to sit in and I wasn't sure... I sat in it and within a matter of minutes it broke. Very embrassing!

~anglgrl, I can't wait to have more variety in my clothes shopping at a lesser price. Just can't wait. Where are you in Ohio? I grew up in West Carrollton (a town outside dayton)

MizKitty Thu, Jun-06-13 09:11

Great fun thread! I can so relate to all the answers so far, especially the "putting all my clothes in the dryer" one!

Throughout most of my 15 years of marriage, I've weighed anywhere from 70 to 100 pounds more than my husband. I can remember my excitement last year when I finally weighed less than him. Now I'm 50 pounds less than him!

lovinita Fri, Jun-07-13 06:05

Oh Wow MizKitty, that is so true for me I weigh more than my hubby for about 15 of the 17 years we been together.

He always use to try and pick me up. I can't wait for the day that he finally can.

That is definitely something to look forward too :)

lovinita Fri, Jun-07-13 06:07

Another one for me, right now is fitting in bathroom stalls. I may not fit into them all, especially when they make them tiny. But I am now starting to fit in ones that are normal sized and am able to do my business with no issue of room and trying to wipe oneself.

A little gross but truthful.

No longer having to seek the Handicap stall!

LoletaLynn Fri, Jun-07-13 09:47

for me, it's just being able to go through the day being in total control of my appetite...no longer "living to eat" but instead finally being able to just "eat to live" I know that sounds corny
but it's something I haven't been able to do in a very long time.

anglgrl Fri, Jun-07-13 10:00

Quote:
Where are you in Ohio? I grew up in West Carrollton (a town outside dayton)

I live in Wilmington. Dayton is about 30-40 minutes from us. We're kind of in the middle between Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati.

melodyrose Fri, Jun-07-13 11:11

Wow I needed this thread today- this plateau has been dampering my spirits!! Things I love about my weightloss so far:

I can BREATHE! I've lost a lot of weight around my neck and chest which makes it possible for me to actually sleep now, and I don't always look like I am shrugging my shoulders!!!

I can tie my own shoes :)

I can RUN for longer periods of time than I ever imagined!! I am running 2 miles at a time!

People are finally starting to notice.

More attention from men (though that's a good and bad thing since I'm married lol)

Treated better than before by just about anyone.

Close to Onederland, SO CLOSE!

Now I need to just get off of this plateau. I think it's possibly a mental one for me. I just need to break free.

lovinita Fri, Jun-07-13 18:40

Hey anggrl,

yeah I think when I was real young we played basketball city all star against wilmington, oh.

I grew up in west carrollton, oh.

Small world :)

lovinita Fri, Jun-07-13 18:49

Hey Melody,

That must be a great feeling to have people treat you differently.

53 pounds is terrific success you have had so far!

I am sure you will get to the ONEDERLAND soon. And it will be an awesome feeling celebrating that mini Goal...

Great work!

lovinita Fri, Jun-07-13 18:52

Loletta,

Boy I hear you on that one. I would feel so anxious all the time, I get up to do something at home find myself in front of the frig and opening it. And going "Why I am here?" and then closing it.

Constantly fighting that feeling sucks.

It is a major accomplishment to feel in control of your own biological responses.

Cuddos to you!