Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   PCOS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Shark week=gain back losses? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=459328)

s-piper Fri, Apr-04-14 06:47

Shark week=gain back losses?

Probably been asked before, but I was in ketosis all last week. This week I got my little visitor, after skipping last month, yay PCOS! :thdown: .
Last week I lost 8lbs...yes, I know, water weight. Well this week 6 of that has come back.

I never really paid attention to how much I gain with my period before, but I think I'm noticing now because I'm getting a little scale obsessed.

So anyhow, it normal to gain that much?

Namaste! Sun, Apr-06-14 19:08

I think it really varies from person to person but it would certainly be normal for me! >.<

mscarrigan Sat, Apr-18-15 11:45

I've never really regained any weight during that week, but I rarely lose either. I'm coming off of mine right now, and looking back at the week the numbers are basically exactly the same everyday. On the other hand, I usually experience around a 2 pound loss once it's over. I definitely agree that it varies from person to person, though. Most people I've talked to about it do tend to gain during.

gonwtwindo Sat, Apr-18-15 12:08

Normal. I always gained about 4 lbs., but it came off again...it's not fat!

Just Jo Sat, Apr-18-15 13:42

Those days are gone for me, but when I had TOM, like, gon, I'd see 3-4 lbs gain due to hormones which I would lose quickly. I'd only have like 20 days a month to lose the real weight. Pffffffffft the price we pay for being women! :agree:

ammart1k Tue, Apr-21-15 11:11

When I was still getting mine, I could not lose at all during that week, but the week after I would lose more weight than normal. I always made sure I hit the gym harder than normal to maximize my losses that following week haha

HeatherLKP Mon, Apr-23-18 15:56

I'm beyond frustrated right now because I was losing weight really consistently until last week when everything came to a screeching halt. I couldn't figure out why because I was still counting carbs and tracking everything religiously. I looked at my calendar and realized that last week was likely ovulation week. I'd never kept track of my weight closely enough to know how my cycle affects it. I worry now that I'm only going to have two weeks each month when I can actually lose weight! I feel like it's a constant struggle.

My husband, on the other hand, just cuts back on bread and soda for a week and drops 5 pounds, while here I am counting every single carb and calorie and losing nothing. It REALLY annoys me.

JessAus Sun, Jul-22-18 20:03

I have just had my first gain on the scale and it was due to my tom - Gained 2 pounds. Lost it day after I finished...