Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.K. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Scrambled Eggs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=430164)

jane134 Thu, Jun-30-11 03:43

Scrambled Eggs

How do you cook yours? Im really fancying scrambled eggs and bacon for my breakfast this morning but i'm not quite sure how to do the eggs, since i normally make them with eggs and milk. I am guessing we may use a little single cream but i thought i would check in here with the experts first! :help:

Thanks so much

Jane

RP100 Thu, Jun-30-11 04:05

I wouldn't consider myself an expert but i'll share what i do.
I used to add milk but now i don't bother, i just cook the eggs on their own.
Whisk them first, melt a knob of butter in a frying pan then pour the whisked egg in.
I often add other ingredients.
If it's things like chopped tomato, red onion, chopped red pepper etc then i fry them for a few minutes first. Then remove them from the pan, then cook the scrambled egg in the pan, then put them back in and mix it all up.
I also like to add spinach, i add the leaves to the egg as its cooking.

jane134 Thu, Jun-30-11 04:21

Thank you so much, RP! I've just done that and i think i prefer them this way! I cant help but wonder how many eggs is too many. I had 3 boiled eggs yesterday as snacks when i got hungry and was worried that i was going overboard! Thanks for your quick reply. I can enjoy my breakfast now :D

RCFletcher Thu, Jun-30-11 14:34

There is no such thing as too many eggs! I sometimes add smoked salmon to my scrambled eggs. Delicious!

Elizellen Thu, Jun-30-11 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFletcher
There is no such thing as too many eggs!
Too true!! :agree:
Quote:
I sometimes add smoked salmon to my scrambled eggs. Delicious!
How luxurious!! :thup:

I have always made scrambled eggs with just eggs and butter (my Mum never adulterated it with milk) and it tastes so much better than the stuff made with milk or even batter that lots of restaurants use.

RP100 Sun, Jul-03-11 08:48

Yes smoked salmon! I've mixed it in with scrambled egg before, very nice. I don't buy it very often as the quality wild salmon is more expensive and i prefer not to eat farmed.

Alliecat71 Tue, Aug-09-11 04:12

I've had scrambled eggs this morning, with a drop of water to loosen and then some grated Gruyere cheese and a little black pepper - Delicious !

Andim Tue, Aug-09-11 05:43

I usually taken breakast to work as I like to get up and go, so I make a fritatta with eggs, broccoli, peppers, bacon and mushrooms, then just take a slice with me. Great ' cos you can eat it hot or cold. ;)

Fiona M Tue, Aug-09-11 11:25

A little splash of cream, salt & pepper for me, scrambled in a nob of lovely butter. I keep several chickens, so always have plenty of beautiful fresh eggs :yum:

lovemypets Tue, Aug-09-11 11:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP100
the quality wild salmon is more expensive and i prefer not to eat farmed.

Ditto

However.... if you haven't tried the wild sockeye from costco.... you should
mind you... it's not sushi grade... but it is quite yummy
I am a stickler for my fish.... I smell it over the counter at the fish market
and the sockeye at costco has no smell.....a good sign
and it is quite reasonably priced.
You do have to buy a large amount (oh darn)

yes, I am a salmon-aholic :)

algts Tue, Aug-09-11 14:09

They turn out well with about a tablespoon of water added before cooking as well.

med234 Fri, Nov-25-11 03:29

I like to saute/steam a pack of oyster mushrooms, sliced thinly, in a sprayed non-stick pan, adding some water if necessary. when soft, add add some butter and then the eggs, whisked with salt and pepper and a ½ tbsp cream or water per egg.
yummy!

Deciduous Fri, Nov-25-11 09:35

The Dana Carpender 15 minute low-carb recipes book has tons of omelet/scramble recipes that are yummy and things I wouldn't have thought of. Just when I thought I was getting bored of eggs, too!

FluffyD Wed, Dec-28-11 14:20

I use a knob of butter to stop the eggs sticking to the pan, chuck in the eggs then add a dash of double cream and mix it up.
Serve with salt and pepper to taste, delish!

Paul1066 Sun, Jan-01-12 16:42

I add 3 eggs, a knob of butter and a generous amount of grated cheddar cheese to a non-stick pan and simply constantly stir the mixture with a wooden spoon over a high heat.

Eggs, is there nothing they can't do??