Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Beginner/Low Intensity (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fitbit (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=468388)

Grapeapril Sun, Jun-21-15 18:03

Fitbit

Anyone wear a Fitbit and would like to be friends? If so, send me a note at April's Fitbit :wave: :wave: I need online walking friends!!!

bluesinger Sun, Jun-21-15 19:01

DH and I are both fitbit users

We started walking May 2014 and walk every day. DH walks separately from me because he usually does 20,000 steps a day. We live in the desert, so we start out before dawn.

Last year I was walking sometimes as much as 5 miles, but now I'm only doing 45 minutes at a time. Summer is harder for me. I've gone to the link from your post and will send a friend request. I use the One and the Charge HR.

Grapeapril Sun, Jun-21-15 20:25

Great Glenda, I also use the One......We live in Colorado and I have to walk hills at 7600 ft. I haven't worked up to more than a mile yet. It's tough going!

MICHE68 Wed, Jun-24-15 11:54

I sent you a message via fitbit. :agree: <--- that's me. moving to make my fitbit zingle. :lol:

Mousesmom Thu, Aug-06-15 16:48

I've been using my fitbit 1 since May 2012. Love it!!

I average about 11,000-12,000 steps a day up from my original 7000 when I first started.

cotonpal Tue, Aug-11-15 05:58

I just got a Fitbit. I think I am going to like it. I had been using a free app on my smart phone but that really drained the battery. So far what I have learned from my Fitbit is that my morning walk contains the equivalent of 14 flights of stairs (I live in a very hilly town). The free app only measured steps so that all my uphills registered the same as walking on a level surface. I walk over 10,000 steps per day. Two months ago I was closer to a couch potato.

Jean

bluesinger Tue, Aug-11-15 07:09

Repost from my Gym Log: How to find your lost Fitbit

Yesterday I was so tired when I got home from the airport. (Note: if you wear an activity tracker in your bra, it drives the TSA scanners bonkers, resulting in a patdown.) Said activity tracker, my Fitbit One, never falls off. I was busy unpacking doing laundry, getting used to being back home. I changed clothes and just before bed I noticed that my Fitbit wasn't attached. Had I washed it? Oh no!
I went back downstairs and commenced the search which I'm not going to bore you with, but it was long and arduous and my Fitbit was still syncing with my computer, so it had to be within 15 feet of the PC.
I went a-googling. Ain't phone apps grand?
This app measures the strength of signal of the sought-after device, singing a different pitch as you walk around. I found my tracker! I hadn't washed it after all. Whew!
Now I've saved you the angst in case you lose a small bluetooth device because there are free apps out there for iphones and android phones to help find the not-inexpensive pieces of technology.

Android app Bit Finder

Mousesmom Tue, Aug-11-15 09:15

Thank you for the link to the app!! Very nice to have.