Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Would like a buddy (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48848)

alice 2002 Wed, Jun-26-02 19:30

Would like a buddy

Hi all, I love this web site, and can see that there are so many helpful supportive people here. It is terrific.

I have been on Atkins WOL since May 30 2002, and I am just going to start trying to do weights and cardio.

Love to have a buddy to cheer on, encourage and support, and have them support encourage and cheer me on.

Thanks... keep up the great work all.

Candiflip Wed, Jun-26-02 23:22

Hi Alice. I was just looking so similar we are*laughing*. In the since of our staring weight, our goal weight, the time we started LCing, living in B.C., ect... Where do you live in B.C.?
My husband & I just went to fitness World today & joined
Pretty excited about going to the gym.

Candice

alice 2002 Thu, Jun-27-02 08:35

Hi Candiflip, that is so great that your husband joined the gym with you. Nice to have someone to work out with.

Its cool that our stats are similar.

I don't live in Vancouver.....I live in the Kootenays. In a small town in the Kootenays. No where near gyms etc. That is why I have my own equipment.

My husband is a sugar junky loves his pop...and he is not skinny!! and he thinks its a waste of time working out..he figures hard physical work should be enough! :rolleyes:

Candiflip Thu, Jun-27-02 10:18

Where you live it gets really hot huh?

My husband is a sugar junkie too......All he drinks is soda. But he is more lean than me.

I'm not too sore from the gym, just my right shoulder. My husband is more sore than me, He got worked harder than me *laughing* :p

What's on the menu today? I think I will have left over chicken for breakfast....or maybe I will save that for lunch

Candice

alice 2002 Thu, Jun-27-02 18:25

Gosh, yes it can get quite hot here, yesterday was 38c and today got around 30c. Luckily for us, being 660m above sea level, it cools down quite a bit at night....making it nice when we sleep.

In the winter we get the average of 3 meters of snow.

Luckily in this hot weather I can go down into the basement where it is nice and cool,that is where I exercise. :)

Sorry to hear that your right shoulder hurts. :( from your exercising.....hopefully it will get better soon.

CHicken for dinner. I like making wings with hot sauce and dipping them into three cheese ranch dressing. Yummmers, always have leftovers for lunch the next day!!

Of course after dinner....exercise!!!!!! :cheer:

Candiflip Thu, Jun-27-02 18:48

It cooled down here today, Rain. But it feels kind of muggy. YUCK!
My shoulder isn't that bad..nothing to complain about ya know. As the day goes on my whole body is feeling a bit sore *laughing* probaby because worked out between 6:30-7:30pm. I want to go back tomorrow, but I don't know yet. It is up to my husband. Do you excerise now? Because you said that you were going to start trying to do weights and cardio. Have you stared that?
I made hot wings Last night w/ a small salad. Am making Hamburgers tonight.
Have you tired Divinchi(sp?) syrups? Do they have carbs?

Candice

alice 2002 Fri, Jun-28-02 16:37

Hi, Yes I exercise a bit...using my recumbant cycle for a short while, and my universal gym, though I am not sure how to use it all properly. I finally gave in and ordered Body For Life, and when I get it I can really get into the exercise. Next week, I am going to start water arobics at our local outdoor pool.

No, I haven' tried the Divinch's syrups. When ever I had any thing to put syrup on I used E.D. Smith no sugar added syrup. 3 tbsp =7.4g of carb. Yikes...must be something pretty special for me to eat that now. :(

My metabolism is pretty messed up from years of yoyo dieting, so I am being very careful of what I eat....I am even sensitive to salads, I can't eat salads everyday as I get bloated. Go figure :rolleyes:

It's cooler here today, I think we get your weather here only a couple of days later. :p

Do you use the recipes from the forum here? Or do you just wing it? So far I have been winging it myself.

Candiflip Fri, Jun-28-02 23:18

Never heard of E.D. Smith syrups.

It was really cold here today. Rain Rain Rain! Is it raining up there?
The only recipe I have tried so far off the site is for protein shake. Which is just water, cream, ice, splenda *laughing*
I just went to the store to day & bought everything to make my own breakfast sausage patties, that is a recipe I found off of here(from Razzle I think, I wrote it down in my journal). I also picked up things to make a cheese cake. I am going to mess around with the flavor a bit though, probaby make espresso chocolate.
Right now I am eating some 'chocolate mousse', http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/recipe...-pudding02.html , I just cut it in a 1/4 and whipped it by hand though instead of making all of that...I would probaby eat more. :) I don't think I will eat this very ofter but I wanted the fat & calories I skipped lunch today. Not on purpose I was just busy then went grocery shopping. When I got home it was already 5:25 or so.. after putting away grocerys it was 6pm so it was dinner time. I ate my normal 2 h/b eggs w/ mayo for breakfast but no lunch . On the way home from the grocery store I ate a string cheese. Then for dinner ate ribeye steak & broccoli w/ butter & now my chocolate mousse.

Candice

Candiflip Fri, Jun-28-02 23:18

Sorry posted twice :rolleyes:

alice 2002 Sat, Jun-29-02 17:29

That chocolate mousse recipe sounds so delicious!!! I know I wouldn't be able to resist eating the whole lot either!

Actually I am not being as brave as you are, trying the sweet treats and all.... I have a hard time with sweets. Especially chocolate. I can sit down and eat a ton of chocolate in one sitting with no problem at all. Its shameful. :roll: So I don't even want to tempt myself!

Our weather today, has been thunder storms, sunny, more thunder storms, cloudbursts of rain, and more sun. A very mixed up weather day!!

Had a protein shake for breakfast, then went out to lunch with a friend, had chicken and salad.

Dinner tonight...not sure yet. Mind you that ribeye steak you had sounds good!! hmmmm...gotta check the freezer. We have Canada day celebrations here all weekend, including Monday, so our little tiny town is swarmed by tourists!!! Fun Fun Fun.

Candiflip Sat, Jun-29-02 17:55

Yeah the mousse was good. I figure is it better than eating an atkins bar, at least I know how many carbs I am getting :) So I got up this moring, 6am for some reason that is the time I woke up, & made that sausage recipe. I didn't fry patties up this morning but instead pressed sausage on the bottoms of a medium muffin pan & then added eggs cream & cheese. I made this recipe but cut it in 1/2 (Well actually only used about 10 oz of sausage because I made 2#'s of sausage & divided it in 3's so that is what I had in the baggie :) )it filled 9 muffin cups. They were good. But you didn't need as much cheese as they said. I guess when you make it they ways they say you use more.

2- 16 OZ. TUBES BOB EVANS SAUSAGE
1 DOZ. EGGS
1 HALF PINT CARTON CREAM
16 OZ. PKG. GRATED CHEDDAR CHEESE

PRESS SAUSAGE IN BOTTOM OF 9 X 13 " CAKE PAN.
BAKE 400 DEGREES FOR 20 MIN & DRAIN OFF GREASE.
MIX ELECTRIC MIXER, CREAM & EGGS.
ADD SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE.
POUR OVER SAUSAGE & SPRINKLE CHEESE ON TOP. RETURN TO OVEN FOR
35-45 MIN.
CUT INTO 8 PIECES, EAT NOW OR COOL & FREEZE IN GLADWARE CONTAINERS. REHEAT
LATER IN MICROWAVE.
1/8 RECIPE= 2.5 GM CARBS/ 38.5 GM PROTEIN

VARIATIONS: (CALCULATE EXTRA CARBS FOR WHATEVER YOU ADD)
1) MEXICAN- ADD GREEN PEPPER, ONION, MUSHROOM, TACO FLAVORED GRATED CHEDDER
& SERVE WITH SALSA/SOUR CREAM
2) SPINACH QUICHE- AFTER DRAINING GREASE FROM CRUST, LINE WITH SLICES OF
SWISS CHEESE. ADD 1 PKG. THAWED CHOPPED SPINACH TO EGG MIXTURE, DRIED ONION
FLAKES (LESS CARBS THAN REAL ONION).
SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE. SPRINKLE GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE ON TOP.
3) ITALIAN- USE BOB EVANS ITALIAN SAUSAGE TUBES INSTEAD.
ADD 1 T. PIZZA SEASONING TO EGG MIXTURE.
SPRINKLE WITH GRATED MOZZERELLA CHEESE INSTEAD OF CHEDDAR. (ADD FAVORITE
PIZZA TOPPINGS TO EGG MIXTURE-MUSHROOMS & GREEN PEPPERS, ETC.)

After I got doneI make the No bake Vancouver Cheesecake, http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/recipe049.html . But I again changed the recipe(Bad habit). I cut to 2/3 instead of the whole recipe. I only wanted 12 servings(I wanted to make in muffin tin instead of pan.)
I took half of the batter & mixed brown sugar twin, cocoa, & instant coffee w/ it. The other half with Splenda & Vanilla. I didn't add any crust. It turned out so good.
1 serving has 285 calories, 27 grams fat, 3.4 grams carbs, 5.5 grams protein

The sun kind out today. It was supposted to rain though. Oh well you take what you can get.

Anything special planned for Canada Day?

Candice

alice 2002 Sun, Jun-30-02 18:18

Wow, Candice, those recipes look so awesome!! Thank you for sharing them. I just may make some myself!!! :yay: You may inspire me into cooking yet :lol:

Canada day, we have lots to see and do, pancake breakfasts, beer gardens :nono: :nono: :nono: for me that 's for sure. Out door bingo, parade, show and shine and demolition derby. Later in the evening fireworks. What will you be doing?

How is your weight loss, and or inches loss going? I think I have stalled. I will be patient,as I am doing more physically.

Weather hasn't been the best, with thunder storms, and cloud bursts.... sun inbetween though. Supposed to be better for July 1st. I sure hope so, fireworks in the rain isn't nice.

Candiflip Sun, Jun-30-02 18:39

Canada Day seem exciting around there! I am probably going to do nothing. Didn't celebrate it last year so will probably do the same this year. I have only been here in Canada for just over a year now, I still celebrate all my american holidays. I just wish there was somewhere to celebrate them *laughing* No fireworks up here on the 4th of July. Oh How I did miss the 4th of July last year....All of the family activities. I will get over it though.

I think my weight loss is going good. I haven't weighed myself. I guess I could take measurements tomorrow morning. How often do you weigh yourself?

You know I was reading your post about all the equipment you have at your home.....*laughing*...you sure do have everything huh? Lucky. Here I am, just paided $150 for my husband & I to get started at a gym & will be paying $80 a month & it is like he can't make time. I know we just joined but I keep asking him can we go this day or this day or this day... & like I said before I don't like going around Vancouver by myself. I have a car that isn't the problem. I brought it up w/ me from California. I just don't like driving here in Vancouver. It is so crowded & the people drive so crazy. There are so many one way streets & I don't know how to parallel park :( Horrible huh? If you can't Parallel park in the city here you can't park anywhere....that is all of the parking on the streets at meters. *sigh* That is why I don't go to the dinner on Tuesday with the people here in Vancouver, my husband works on Tuesday night. Maybe next time.

You get our weather a day later. It is kind of sunny/overcast here today. It was suppose to rain but it isn't.

What's for dinner tonight?

Candice

alice 2002 Mon, Jul-01-02 21:02

Candice: So sorry you miss all your family and your July 4th celebrations. I can imagine how hard that must be. I would feel the same living so far away from home.

I know what the Vancouver area is like... I grew up down in the lower mainland. I don't even want to come back...its been 6 years since I left there, and then the traffic was terrible. I watch the news, and the traffic reports from down there, and I am so grateful I don't have to deal with that traffic any more!! :angel:

Yikes for the cost to join the gym and monthly payments you could almost buy the equipment yourself ;)

I am one of those people who just have to weigh myself everyday. It doesn't do me any good I know :rolleyes: but I just can't help myself.

We lucked out today, the weather was hot and sunny. with a few cooler cloudy breaks, no rain :thup:

I helped out with the local Quilt Show,selling tickets, and manning the door. It was neat.

Got any exercise video's you can do at home when you can't make it to the gym?

Candiflip Tue, Jul-02-02 07:07

Yeah I really don't like living in Vancouver....If I had a choice this would not of been the place I would of come to live. I guess it's just that I miss California so much ya know, & more so miss my niece & nephew growing up. I haven't seen them in about a year. They are so young & do not remember me anymore it is sad & it makes me feel so bad for moving away. I miss working, I miss having medical insurance, I miss a lot more things but if I go on & on I am going to get more depressed. Ya know I have applied for a few jobs up here but when they find out that I am american and that they would have to write a letter in my behalf they say I'm sorry.. And the medical Insurance, I can not get B.C. Medical until after all of my landed immigrant paperwork has been filed & has been 3 month. Which my husband keeps saying he is going to take care of it...going to get doing to get done...I am on my second Visa now & guess what? Still not filed! But it is weird because if I would of come to this county & claimed applied for welfare right off the bat...they would of paid for all my paperwork & I would already be a Canada Citizen & I would have had medical insurance a LONG time ago. Crazy huh? I see it all the time because my husband is a resident manager in a downtown Eastside, I would say in one of the nicer kept 'hotels', & I get to meet the people that do that all the time. I pay $300 a month for meds. When I Called for a private insurance they said that I need B.C. insurance first...I don't understand. Than there was this insurance that said they would insure American citizen here in Canada..So I called, they will not cover any of my medication & all doctor visits/ hospital up to $2,500 is all up to me to pay, then they start paying after that. I've only been to see a psychologist really once since I was up here. It was $200 for the one visit. I used to go to my Psych. once a week when I lived in California. Something that is need when you are on the type of meds I am on. But who can afford $800 a month? Not me. Or even going twice a month....$400...Nope wouldn't even be able to do that. Ya know to the truth We couldn't even afford the extra $200 a month on top of all the other bills. My car payment is still in U.S. Dollars so it ends up being $500 CAD, car insurance is more expensive because it is a U.S. car, I have two pets that eat all fresh fruit, veggies & a special blended mixture. I have a bad habit...I smoke..Which your government now charges $6.65 a pack, There is something seriously wrong with a government that doesn't know when to stop taxing!!! When I moved up here my husband had a leased Jeep so when I moved up w/ my car, & the bills went up he went back to the dealer & turned it in. We are still paying that off for breaking the lease. I put it on a credit card. I went through a real manic(a high, being bipolar I get really high highs & really low lows when my meds are not working) attack one day & bought over $1,500 U.S. worth of clothing on credit card(all of which is pretty much paid off, just have about $400CAD left). Pretty bad considering I am losing weight. I feel bad when I spend money because I don't make money anymore.. Never had that problem I worked since I was 14. Didnt have to my family is well off but there was this bakery that hired me at 14 & I leared alot. I have never had to worry about money....Now that is ALL I worry about.
Sometimes I feel like Moving up here is the worth thing that ever happen to me....I was so independent before I came to Canada......Now I don't even go out side w/ out Byron there with me. I haven't driven my own car since the day I got to Canada. Some days I feel like I have lost everything I have ever believed in. I am not the same person that left California a little over a year ago. It is as though that person is gone..or just very very deeply hidden. I am not saying that I regret getting marred, I am not saying that. I love my husband. I just don't love my life up here.
Im sorry I am going on & on..Just a few of those sore subjects.. & also I Have been up for the last 2 hours tossing & turning because I have the worst pain in my shoulder that had moved all mover my arm. It feels like mussel aches but I haven't done anything to cause it. It really does hurt so bad. It took advil, which I don't do very often & it didn't help so then I took a prescription pain pill I have. Which seems to be working but has totally upset my stomach. But I remember it always doing that. It is a really strong pain medication so I am afraid that when it wears off the pain will still be there.......it is only masking it for now... *sigh*
It just feels like one of those days I should go crawl under a rock....I always get like this around Holidays. Even Small ones.

About the Quilt show..I just love quilts. I used to make them my mom taught me when I was very young.. I always want to make them again but just never get motivated anymore. I have a small (twin size)quilt that my mom made for a raffle a few year back my aunt actually won it..Not surprised she bought around 100 tickets, anyways she gave me the quilt because she said that it should stay in the family.

No I don't have any exercise tapes, but I was actually thinking about the other day but don't have the room to do it anywhere. Meaning No space, Literally, Not trying to make excuses either. I wish I had a nice big place with lots of room, but instead we are living where my husband working, he is the resident manager. Just a 2 room area Off the office. Horrible if you ask me. But what can I do? We has an apartment when I first moved up here but with all my bills(car, meds, etc...) couldn't afford it. That is when I tired to get a job. I worked with one company for 4.5 year, Traveled to their different stores. Opened their chicago Store..& I can't get a job.

Candice